Is The Princess Coupon Book Valuable/Worthwhile?

florida lover

We purchased a bottle of liquor (Frangelico) that was not "on special" and got 10% off and used another coupon for a pair of gold earrings (paid about $90) "not on sale". The coupons are highly restrictive, but raced back to our cabin to get them, since our purchases qualified. I know travel agents will tout them as though they are something special - ours told us that not all sailings qualify for them - so what! We don't usually make purchases on the ship, however, we had non-refundable shipboard credits that still remained in our folio on the last day, so we spent it on stuff that perhaps we wouldn't have bought otherwise.

Good luck.

Suzi

The Coupon Book ordered for you by your TA when you book during one of their Princess Cruise Sales , is in addition to the worthless coupon book that everyone gets from Princess.

However , although almost worthless also now that the old "Coffee Card" BOGO coupon is no longer in it.

I often wonder if Princess understands just how worthless the contents of these books are perceived by Princess repeaters? :p

We bought some duty free spirits on board and were advised by the attendant to present the relevant coupon page to get the discount (which had already been applied :rolleyes:). I raced back to the cabin to get the correct voucher, gave it to the gentleman and he added it to his pile. On other occasions, the attendant will give you one from his pile to save you a trip to the cabin.

Seems like a waste of money producing so many booklets for each cruise.

The Coupon Book ordered for you by your TA when you book during one of their Princess Cruise Sales , is in addition to the worthless coupon book that everyone gets from Princess.

However , although almost worthless also now that the old "Coffee Card" BOGO coupon is no longer in it.

I often wonder if Princess understands just how worthless the contents of these books are perceived by Princess repeaters? :p

Are you saying there are two different kinds of coupon books, if so how are they different?

Thank you!

In the long run it MAY? save paper. Princess put it out several years ago, and since then, there have been less of those stupid glossy flyers in our mail slot each morning at our cabin.

Is it any use? Hardly, it MAY tell us of a lower price come place, but we would probably have found it for ourselves anyway.

It DOES however make a great coaster, maybe with this in mind there should be TWO per cabin.:rolleyes:

john

Are you saying there are two different kinds of coupon books, if so how are they different?

Thank you!

I don't recall the difference between two books but nothing too impressive in my experience.

Perhaps someone who actually did'nt toss their 2 books away can give details?

In my opinion, no. We did use one coupon that took $5 off a wine tasting of expensive wines. So instead of $25 each, it was $20 each. This is not to be confused with the cheaper wine tasting using cheaper wines of course.

The so called discounts on pictures, shopping ($100 minimum purchase) and salon are worthless to us.