Formal dress/fluffy

DJSchib

LOL thats funny !!!

to topic Im FLUFFY and i can always find nice things at Jessica London for work wear

but for my cruise i want to save money for my trip and went to bargain catalog outfit

http://www.bcoutlet.com/Discount-Dresses.aspx?DeptId=13862

this site is affiliated with redcat family of stores including Jessica London, Avenue, Woman Within and Roamans and have items that have been marked down from these stores for much less..

PS google BCOpromocodes for even more markdowns and freeshipping:)

Thanks for the link. Somehow I have never found this site before. Luckily, the dress I liked was not available in my size because I really don't need another dress!:o

• 2 weeks later...

As far as stores go I am a 14/16 right now and needed two dresses for important occasions (one occasion being my son's wedding!) for the end of this month. I kept putting off shopping as I was hoping to lose more weight and shopping can be so discouraging but yesterday took a trip to jcpenney as they were advertising a big dress sale 40% off).

I found both dresses and could have bought more! Lots of classy A-line types, which flatters me best, in a variety of sales and fabrics. Paid $104.00 for them both on sale which is thrilling and best of all I felt pretty with them on!

Best to all of you with your shopping and thanks to everyone for sharing your personal stories.

Good for you Sky on finding two dresses! I am about your size after losing some weight but hard to fit yet because the bust and upper tummy is the last to go. I would love to lose at least 20 more by cruise time at end of February

I told my husband I feel still so out of shape since my pants I can wear a 12/14 in with the legs still too big since I lost mostly my butt and legs but need that size to button over gut but then run to the women's/plus section for my tops. So when buying a dress, it's even harder Gets frustrating

I told my husband I feel still so out of shape since my pants I can wear a 12/14 in with the legs still too big since I lost mostly my butt and legs but need that size to button over gut but then run to the women's/plus section for my tops. So when buying a dress, it's even harder Gets frustrating

Wow, so totally different than my body - I need pants sized to fit for my butt and thighs, but I don't have a belly so either the crotch drags 4" low or I can pull the front of the waistband up almost to my boobs. I buy a men's 44 waist pant, but then have to get the tailor to take in 5-6 inches in the waist and fix the front area to make up for the lack of belly so the crotch doesn't sag there. I spend more on getting my pants altered than the pants cost in the first place, my I'm just glad to have finally found a tailor who can do it.

[ATTACH]290940[/ATTACH]

Not sure this will work since I have never uploaded pictures to a forum

This is a dress I found today at Macy's on the clearance rack. Great price $209 for $42. Made by Alex Evening and hits right below the knee. Need to try on again but think it will work. I wasn't sure about the material coming down the side but think it takes away from the stomach area.

Yeah for a great deal!!

Great looking dress! I am hoping to score a couple of good deals in FLL in January :)

[ATTACH]290940[/ATTACH]

Not sure this will work since I have never uploaded pictures to a forum

This is a dress I found today at Macy's on the clearance rack. Great price $209 for $42. Made by Alex Evening and hits right below the knee. Need to try on again but think it will work. I wasn't sure about the material coming down the side but think it takes away from the stomach area.

Yeah for a great deal!!

Somehow I missed this, also. I have had good luck with Alex Evening clothes, too. Great sale and I really like the dress.

Thank you!! Would love to find another dress at a great price. Looked today at a couple malls downstate but found nothing. I might have to online shop. I just hate to play the return game if it doesn't fit

Debbie

I like the stores where you can return your online purchases to the actual store. I have been looking at a dress I like on ebay but I feel a return would be too much of a hassle so I haven't bought it.

What a deal DJ and what a pretty dress. I haven't read the whole thread, but in general things that are typically fluffy are feathery and light etc...your dress is elegant...not fluffy..and perfect for an "elegant night" plus what a deal!

What a deal DJ and what a pretty dress. I haven't read the whole thread, but in general things that are typically fluffy are feathery and light etc...your dress is elegant...not fluffy..and perfect for an "elegant night" plus what a deal!

In this forum "fluffy" does not refer to the makeup of the dress. Posters use the term as a euphemism for overweight/plus-size/big boned/larger than a size 12… ;)

Edited by slidergirl

Hi ladies

First cruise and I am in need of formal dresses. What would be the best dress style for a fluffy woman? Would rather not do sleeveless. Any pictures or stores/websites to look at would be appreciated

Thanks

I have always found a cute dressy dress for different occasions in Dillards. Not really expensive at all.

I will use the term fluffy for myself or plush. My daughter called me that and I like it! Makes me seem special.

Back to dress, I just bought a lovely evening dress with a short jacket, at Goodwill!!!! I was surprised to find my size (yes, 26, way too big) and it was $14.95. It fits, and looks lovely. You could check out Goodwill, Salvation Army or any consignment shop. Sometimes good bargains and great clothes are to be had!

A gentle reminder to all my fabulously fashionable friends. If you find the following to be true about a post, then simply report it as a nuisance post.

Per the CC Guidelines: A nuisance post is a message that is either obnoxious, annoying, or offensive to individuals or to the community. These types of posts add nothing to the discussion, and have a tendency to drive the discussion in a different direction.

Now, let's please get back on the topic of fluffy fashions that flatter a full figure lady. This ends your public service announcement. :D

Much Love to Everyone,

Lisa