Wich cruise ships or cruise lines can hold 5 people in an small interior stateroom?

Carnival Fantasy class ships, plus Sunshine, Triumph,, Victory. They will add a cot to a quad cabin. Carnival Dream class have OV cabins for 5 with a split bath. Celebrity Millennium and Century can add a fifth to a quad cabin. Basically, any ship launched in or before 2000 can add a fifth to a quad cabin, should they so desire. EM

Welcome to Cruise Critic,

MCAT48 has asked some pertinent questions.

Most major cruise lines catering to North American passengers have few cabins that will accommodate 5 in an inside cabin.

If you are looking at a cost figure look at Carnival, NCL and Royal Caribbean then the "foreign carriers" Costa and MSC for winter cruising. Disney is generally more expensive although it may have the cabins for 5. HAL would cater to adults. Celebrity may have inside cabins for 5 on the S class ships, but not on the M class ships. Can't recall all of the Princess fleet configurations but it would be in the same price category as Celebrity generally.

But you also need to be aware that the price of the cabin is just a fraction of your vacation expenses. Consider the tipping policy for example. Each passenger regardless of age is expected to pay from $10-$12+ USD per day. Some cruise lines access the tips to your onboard account proactively. While you can dine onboard without incurring any additional food expenses, many cruise lines have specialty restaurants with fees ranging from $5 USD to $45 USD. Specialty beverages also incur a fee, and that can be as simple as a soda, to coffee, or alcoholic beverages. Onboard services including spas, internet service, and bingo are also fee based.

If you are seeking a cruise from Florida you will need transportation from Canada.

I'm not trying to dissuade you, but placing five people in a cabin, unless it is a family cabin designed for that many is not a pleasant experience. The cabins are not large and with one bathroom things get tight for everyone.

If you can find a cabin for 5 you will have two overhead berths and one sofa bed plus the twin beds pushed into a double configuration.

When you repost perhaps we can also provide more specific recommendations.

We changed cabins on Carnival's Fascination-(to Empress deck) and were told it was a cabin for 5 and we might be moved. We won't be moved as cruise is two days from now. When I asked about this I was told there are two beds, two bunks and a trundle bed all IN the cabin.

I don't believe all Fantasy class ship have cabins for 5 with a trundle bed. We have had the same cabin, same location on the Fantasy. We cruise a LOT on the Fantasy and have never heard of this on her. It can be very tight if a roll-a-way is added to the cabin. In that case, the steward usually folds it up during the day.

We changed cabins on Carnival's Fascination-(to Empress deck) and were told it was a cabin for 5 and we might be moved. We won't be moved as cruise is two days from now. When I asked about this I was told there are two beds, two bunks and a trundle bed all IN the cabin.

I don't believe all Fantasy class ship have cabins for 5 with a trundle bed. We have had the same cabin, same location on the Fantasy. We cruise a LOT on the Fantasy and have never heard of this on her. It can be very tight if a roll-a-way is added to the cabin. In that case, the steward usually folds it up during the day.

A trundle and rollaway are two different things. A rollaway is exactly like grandma had. A trundle is stored under the bed, hence it's short. Good for those under 4.5feet tall.

On the Fantasy class ships, the high occupancy cabins feel less crowded when the lowers are against the walls. One under the window and the other along a side wall.

Wow... I'd like to see what the cabin looks like with the beds folded down, and the cot opened up after their luggage is unpacked.

Here you go.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1895257

ALL Fantasy class ships can accommodate five in a QUAD cabin. Celebrity Millennium, an M class ship, will accommodate five, with the twins, two uppers, and the chair that folds out. I know someone that did this on Summit, too. I do not believe Celebrity's S class ships have any cabins that will sleep five other than the Family Verandah cabins which are made for five. EM

My husband, two daughters and I shared an interior cabin on the Norwegian Dawn last April. It was tight and we had lots of fun come shower time lol I don't think we'd do it again as the girls are 13 and 12 years old... They complained we were snoring too loudly and that they'd much prefer having their own cabin. Next time we cruise together we'll definitely get 2 cabins ;)

Archived