Allure and propulsion problems.

bilyclub

The only passengers who conceivably might be harmed by modest alterations in an itinerary are those who ignored the admonishments of the cruise line and its passenger contract, and booked non-refundable excursions with very tight times.

Given that the contract allows for itinerary alterations at any time, one wonders why anyone would expect some sort of payment.

Your modest is my significant. RCL is not earning my repeat business.

The honest thing to do would be notifying all passengers that will be affected by the altered schedule and give them the option of getting their money back, changing to a different date or ship, or staying with their current booking. This is a good case of deceptive practice if that ship chasing lawyer is around. A thorough explanation of what is wrong and when a repair will be done is also a must.

Exactly. Thanksgiving Allure is my first RCI cruise. I'll cruise again but the chances of it being with this cruise line aren't looking so good. Not feeling too confident right now.

Why don't you reserve 'decision' on cruising again with RCI until AFTER you have taken your first cruise with them.

Right now you are making a 'judgement' before having experienced the cruise first hand.

You may find that your Thanksgiving Cruise isn't affected at all and your personal experience is wonderful.

Why don't you reserve 'decision' on cruising again with RCI until AFTER you have taken your first cruise with them.

Right now you are making a 'judgement' before having experienced the cruise first hand.

You may find that your Thanksgiving Cruise isn't affected at all and your personal experience is wonderful.

That poster may well find that she has a great experience. However, all she has to go by right now are her present experiences with RCI. And, apparently, RCI has not made such a good first impression.

That poster may well find that she has a great experience. However, all she has to go by right now are her present experiences with RCI. And, apparently, RCI has not made such a good first impression.

Absolutely, RCL's refusal to admit the issue until pax are on their cruises is dishonest and disrespectful. I have no sense that if something goes wrong, they'll make it right. I dont care what the cruise contract says. A known and ongoing mechanical issue is on the cruise line.They have done nothing to earn my trust, only erode it.

I could have a wonderful time in spite of two of three port calls so shortened as to be a waste of time (I'm trying, and will likely succeed), but I won't forget RCL's deception. I wall chalk them up as another Carnival, and look elsewhere.

Edited by PAL_1

Wow - I have been flowing this closely and all indications is that even with the Izipod issue they have only had to leave Nassau 30 minutes early and 1 hour late into St. T. Love how people want to call in the lawyers. Yea - that’s the solution. I’ll just enjoy my week on the Allure next Sunday away from all this BS.

Wow - I have been flowing this closely and all indications is that even with the Izipod issue they have only had to leave Nassau 30 minutes early and 1 hour late into St. T. I’ll just enjoy my week on the Allure next Sunday away from all this BS.

Now I would cruise with you and day as you have a great attitude.:)

Andrew

Wow - I have been flowing this closely and all indications is that even with the Izipod issue they have only had to leave Nassau 30 minutes early and 1 hour late into St. T. Love how people want to call in the lawyers. Yea - that’s the solution. I’ll just enjoy my week on the Allure next Sunday away from all this BS.

For the past few Eastern cruises, passengers reported they were in St Thomas from 11:30 to 6:30 instead of 10-7, a two hour difference.

Nassau was apparently changed from 7 am to 2 pm to 7:30 to noon, a two and a half hour difference. If RCL reported the times you mention, it would be much less of a hit. It wouldn't change my poor impression of RCL's customer service.

All,

We just got off the Allure today. Yes, we left Bahamas early (all aboard 12:30). Arrival in St. Thomas was 11:00 and all aboard 6:30. The curious thing was we did daylight savings time between the two stops. All room and ship clocks turned back an hour. But items that were in your event planner prior now showed up an hour later (7:30 dinner rather than the scheduled 6:30). I saw many people missing shows because they trusted their onscreen planner only to be told that the show started nearly an hour prior. This only got worse on Friday when their manipulation of daylight savings caused every room's interactive TV (and planner) to go into a reboot loop for 12 hours. When I called, maintenance said it was the daylight savings thing that caused it.

Captain's Corner was interesting. First question: are we not able to travel at full speed? Hem, haw, basically something mechanically not allowing full speed. But nothing wrong. Thus the shortened port stops and the odd placement of daylight savings. Next question: how often does a ship like this need to go into dry dock? Designed and required to go in after 5 years so 2015. Also means no swapping with Oasis as her date is also fixed at 5 years.

I have ridden on Voyager class 4 times and smaller RCI ships prior. I could feel this boat move especially on the two sea day heading back to FLL. Number of pods is one thing. Stabilizers are different. Captain Johnney was asked when they were used (probably a reference to the pitching I felt over the prior days). He said they are used fully during ice shows and diving shows but using them does affect overall speed. Given that the Allure was not meeting full speed on her tight Eastern route it seems likely they were not on due to their speed penalty.

So we got fewer answers than the last Eastern route in that they did not tell everyone that there was a speed issue. They tried to use daylight savings to their advantage and it blew up in their face. It screwed up everyone's calendar and eventually crashed the entire TV system for 12 hours. I was not impressed. And I let them know on my survey.

This was our first cruise on Oasis class and we were both Wowed. There were so many aspects of this cruise we truly loved. But I am concerned with the way RCI is handling this situation.

Tony

My Thanksgiving cruise is the Eastern itinerary. Unless whatever is wrong with the azipod gets fixed between now and then, my itinerary will be affected. From reading here, whether or not that will happen is a toss up.

I haven't decided for sure if we'll rebook. Yes, I am waiting until I have a more complete impression. If I based my decision on my pre-cruise experience alone then absolutely not. The online planning system won't allow me to reserve anything. That's all been done by phone. I don't like that I have to prepay specialty dining nor do I like that if I cancel once onboard that money won't go back to the form of payment it came from. That specifically comes off shady. I don't like paying for something as basic as soda. I prefer having the option of carrying on whatever liquor I wish to consume on my verandah. I'm trying not to feel thoroughly fleeced before I ever step foot on the ship. But the icing on the cake for me right now is knowing that if I had not had the inclination to come to Cruise Critic to read up on the way of things with RCI I would NOT have known about the **probable** shortened port schedules. I would've been in a heckuva pickle paying for Internet (that I wouldn't ever pay for under normal circumstances) to cancel the expensive charter I had booked in St.Thomas. And we would've had nothing for that day because I do NOT do cruise line excursions / herds. I would've been livid. I don't even want to think of how furious my husband would've been. I get emails from RCI regularly telling me to go book things for my upcoming cruise (even tho the online system doesn't work) but they can't send a note alerting us that our port schedule will be adjusted. Really? From all reports from returning guests, future guests who have reached out and asked, and from my own attempts to get additional info...seems RCI is being mighty vague and/or tight lipped. This doesn't breed consumer confidence. They should know better in this day and age. If they don't know when the problem will be fixed the very least they could do is own up to the itinerary variations and say "until further notice". Better to go beyond expectations if they can extend the port times back to the original schedule than to fall short of expectations by cutting their published port times in the 11th hour. I don't appreciate RCI playing me for a fool by making like the shortened times are a new or unforeseen development (ie. weather or new mechanical issue). Again, they should know better. How many CC members attend the Meet n Mingle events onboard? Do they really think they're pulling this off??? No. And they won't win new fans operating this way.

As a new to RCI cruiser, I can tell you that thus far I'm feeling annoyed with their crappy website, nickel & diming already, and now seemingly deceptive business practices. I hope the cruise itself does blow me away so that I want to come back. Its likely that's the only way we'll get to cruise with the inlaws again because they are RCI fans. RCI sure hasn't made it easy to start off with the warm n fuzzies, tho.

The discussion is starting to creep a bit into a debate about RCI policy on alcohol and so on. You know what the deal is when you book, if you don't like it vote with your feet. My take on things is that I wouldn't expect to walk into a restaurant with my own packed lunch.

Back on topic the real crime is Royal Caribbeans failure to be honest with passengers. There's a fault, it isn't serious enough to cancel the cruise and (presumably) doesn't pose a safety risk but it will mean a few changes. These are well known in advance so inform your passengers.

RCI are naive to the point of stupid if they think the matter won't get raised on the internet. As soon as that happens you've been caught and you're the guilty party. Far better to take the moral high ground, be honest and tell people before they board. With emails it isn't even going to cost them a postage stamp.

Large organisations work hard to invent themselves. It all comes falling down around their feet when they get caught out.

Do I think it's serious enough to demand a refund or compensation? Probably not although the Nassau stop is fairly brief now. Failure to tell passengers in advance could lead to claims where excursions have unwittingly been planned not knowing times were already destined to be changed. As has been said already a medical emergency or poor weather is very different to a long standing well known mechanical ailment.

For RCI's sake I hope to god there is not an emergency on board which highlights any safety short cuts currently being taken.

Be honest, say what the problem is explain why it doesn't pose a threat and describe your planned solution.

Henry :)

My point is I had other things that annoyed me that I was okay with swallowing for the sake of giving RCI a try. The feeling of being played for a fool makes it a whole other ballgame altogether.

RCI isn't my first choice and wouldn't be now either if it weren't for family obligations. I'll leave it at that.

I attempted to edit/clean up my post listing the things that haven't set right with me thus far but, sadly, can't. I'll remember to tread lightly from this point forward.

Edited by sweetpee_1993

My Thanksgiving cruise is the Eastern itinerary. Unless whatever is wrong with the azipod gets fixed between now and then, my itinerary will be affected. From reading here, whether or not that will happen is a toss up.

I haven't decided for sure if we'll rebook. Yes, I am waiting until I have a more complete impression. If I based my decision on my pre-cruise experience alone then absolutely not. The online planning system won't allow me to reserve anything. That's all been done by phone. I don't like that I have to prepay specialty dining nor do I like that if I cancel once onboard that money won't go back to the form of payment it came from. That specifically comes off shady. I don't like paying for something as basic as soda. I prefer having the option of carrying on whatever liquor I wish to consume on my verandah. I'm trying not to feel thoroughly fleeced before I ever step foot on the ship. But the icing on the cake for me right now is knowing that if I had not had the inclination to come to Cruise Critic to read up on the way of things with RCI I would NOT have known about the **probable** shortened port schedules. I would've been in a heckuva pickle paying for Internet (that I wouldn't ever pay for under normal circumstances) to cancel the expensive charter I had booked in St.Thomas. And we would've had nothing for that day because I do NOT do cruise line excursions / herds. I would've been livid. I don't even want to think of how furious my husband would've been. I get emails from RCI regularly telling me to go book things for my upcoming cruise (even tho the online system doesn't work) but they can't send a note alerting us that our port schedule will be adjusted. Really? From all reports from returning guests, future guests who have reached out and asked, and from my own attempts to get additional info...seems RCI is being mighty vague and/or tight lipped. This doesn't breed consumer confidence. They should know better in this day and age. If they don't know when the problem will be fixed the very least they could do is own up to the itinerary variations and say "until further notice". Better to go beyond expectations if they can extend the port times back to the original schedule than to fall short of expectations by cutting their published port times in the 11th hour. I don't appreciate RCI playing me for a fool by making like the shortened times are a new or unforeseen development (ie. weather or new mechanical issue). Again, they should know better. How many CC members attend the Meet n Mingle events onboard? Do they really think they're pulling this off??? No. And they won't win new fans operating this way.

As a new to RCI cruiser, I can tell you that thus far I'm feeling annoyed with their crappy website, nickel & diming already, and now seemingly deceptive business practices. I hope the cruise itself does blow me away so that I want to come back. Its likely that's the only way we'll get to cruise with the inlaws again because they are RCI fans. RCI sure hasn't made it easy to start off with the warm n fuzzies, tho.

It truly sounds to me that RC is NOT the cruiseline for you.

Apparently, the following are important to you:

Not paying for specialty dining until on board.

Cancelling reservations made for specialty dining and having the charge put on your credit card, rather than on your SeaPass Account.

Getting as much soda as you wish without paying for it.

Taking as much liquor on board as you want without restriction.

Paying for internet use.

Since your preferences are the opposite of how RC does business, I cannot help but feel that you will be unhappy no matter what on a Royal Caribbean cruise.

Did you carefully consider those issues before you booked?

Edited by Merion_Mom

The discussion is starting to creep a bit into a debate about RCI policy on alcohol and so on. You know what the deal is when you book, if you don't like it vote with your feet. My take on things is that I wouldn't expect to walk into a restaurant with my own packed lunch.

Back on topic the real crime is Royal Caribbeans failure to be honest with passengers. There's a fault, it isn't serious enough to cancel the cruise and (presumably) doesn't pose a safety risk but it will mean a few changes. These are well known in advance so inform your passengers.

RCI are naive to the point of stupid if they think the matter won't get raised on the internet. As soon as that happens you've been caught and you're the guilty party. Far better to take the moral high ground, be honest and tell people before they board. With emails it isn't even going to cost them a postage stamp.

Large organisations work hard to invent themselves. It all comes falling down around their feet when they get caught out.

Do I think it's serious enough to demand a refund or compensation? Probably not although the Nassau stop is fairly brief now. Failure to tell passengers in advance could lead to claims where excursions have unwittingly been planned not knowing times were already destined to be changed. As has been said already a medical emergency or poor weather is very different to a long standing well known mechanical ailment.

For RCI's sake I hope to god there is not an emergency on board which highlights any safety short cuts currently being taken.

Be honest, say what the problem is explain why it doesn't pose a threat and describe your planned solution.

Henry :)

You basically summed up what I sad earlier yesterday and I agree with you.

Andrew

The normal all aboard in St Thomas is 6:30pm folks, just in case you weren't aware of that. There is no reason to leave that port early as Saint Martin is not many nautical miles away.

Edited by A&L_Ont

believer33323 114

TheRealJSki 94

judygarland 81

TonyFred 57

MikeDaDog 49

luvtacruise 35

lori469 23

mouse84 20

petesweet 19

FTD 16

WAVERYDER 13

jakejraj 10

Dr0xX3rZ 10

ncaw1207 10

txtravelgirl 7

cookie225 7

cruisedb4 7

MelGurl 7

Cruised_again 6

pquattro 6

TonyBuzz 6

fusspots 6

dorian7813 6

karleigh 6

mdwstcruiser 5

cupojo6 5

Angele000 5

akc 5

GammaRee 5

lauramarie1124 5

babbles0 4

cb140 4

Carl2860 4

digitalknoll 4

Smitten921 3

TealGirl 3

runcosmo 3

lavaboop 3

fuddster 3

canadiancruisers11 3

Chi-Made23 2

md2661 2

elizapink 2

drchris 2

FRANCI 2

islegroove 2

snorkelman 2

aquaman.cam 2

wdw84 2

welikepalms 1

krwjr1 1

Ednkat78 1

Christievaca 1

Rum Runner from Roswell 1

cujosmom 1

TruthLover 1

ezcruizer 1

ptsnpy 1

Shersels4u 1

OceanEyes93 1

desertskies 1

Goodycruise13 1

refsteve80 1

Sheilann765 1

lotusflwr 1

BekkaW 1

Licrite 1

kiraodo 1

Here are all that posted on the 10/27/2013 Allure cruise, if it was such a bad cruise don't you think one of them would have posted now telling us all how bad the cruise was and the problems with the ship, Not one has posted on this thread. Can you say making a Mountain out of a Mole Hill:eek:

believer33323 114

TheRealJSki 94

judygarland 81

TonyFred 57

MikeDaDog 49

luvtacruise 35

lori469 23

mouse84 20

petesweet 19

FTD 16

WAVERYDER 13

jakejraj 10

Dr0xX3rZ 10

ncaw1207 10

txtravelgirl 7

cookie225 7

cruisedb4 7

MelGurl 7

Cruised_again 6

pquattro 6

TonyBuzz 6

fusspots 6

dorian7813 6

karleigh 6

mdwstcruiser 5

cupojo6 5

Angele000 5

akc 5

GammaRee 5

lauramarie1124 5

babbles0 4

cb140 4

Carl2860 4

digitalknoll 4

Smitten921 3

TealGirl 3

runcosmo 3

lavaboop 3

fuddster 3

canadiancruisers11 3

Chi-Made23 2

md2661 2

elizapink 2

drchris 2

FRANCI 2

islegroove 2

snorkelman 2

aquaman.cam 2

wdw84 2

welikepalms 1

krwjr1 1

Ednkat78 1

Christievaca 1

Rum Runner from Roswell 1

cujosmom 1

TruthLover 1

ezcruizer 1

ptsnpy 1

Shersels4u 1

OceanEyes93 1

desertskies 1

Goodycruise13 1

refsteve80 1

Sheilann765 1

lotusflwr 1

BekkaW 1

Licrite 1

kiraodo 1

Here are all that posted on the 10/27/2013 Allure cruise, if it was such a bad cruise don't you think one of them would have posted now telling us all how bad the cruise was and the problems with the ship, Not one has posted on this thread. Can you say making a Mountain out of a Mole Hill:eek:

They got home YESTERDAY. It's not surprising that no one has posted yet. Not too many "frequent posters" on that list. :)

Edited by Merion_Mom

I cancelled my Sapphire Beach excursion. Between the time change and the ship possibly getting in to port late, that would only give me about 2.5 hours of daylight (last cruise they got to the beach at 1pm which will now be 2pm). I rather cancel this before I get on the ship than have to stand in line with everyone else changing their excursions. If we do make it to port on time, I'll just go to the beach on my own.

Edited by lvstitch

If you have been reading the thread so closely then why are you so off on the time changes for the ports? And I have not read very much chatter about lawers involvment either but maybe I missed that. And the best way to get away from all of this BS is to unsubscribe from this thread.:)