Nothing screams," I'm a cruise newbie!" like...

purplemusik

after boarding ship for the 1st time ,seeing them wonder around lido ,buffett area carrying their carry-ons, suitcase's ect . You can go direct to your cabin to drop your bags ,and leave,so you are not in cleaning crew's way

LOL- I agree. I always feel so bad when I see this- they travel in their group with ALLLL their stuff and kind of look all around as they walk like," where are we going?" anyway.

We like to sit in the lobby bar and watch what looks like, "the one in charge" bark out orders to the minions on what they have to do next. NO!, NO! it said in the cruise docs we need to do this first :eek: !!!! LOL... CRUISING ROCKS!!!!:D

The ones trying to get to deck 0 to get off in port and they are at the aft or midship elevators!!:D I just say follow us!!:D

I do help the elderly people who are lost on the "cabin" floors. I show them how to read the signs on the wall telling your where your cabin is!!

I don't usually help kids or drunk adults!!!:rolleyes:

after boarding ship for the 1st time ,seeing them wonder around lido ,buffett area carrying their carry-ons, suitcase's ect . You can go direct to your cabin to drop your bags ,and leave,so you are not in cleaning crew's way

LOL- I agree. I always feel so bad when I see this- they travel in their group with ALLLL their stuff and kind of look all around as they walk like," where are we going?" anyway.

Not always true. On Royal Caribbean the cabins aren't usually available until about 1:30 pm. So if you board before then you will be toting your carryons around with you.

On the Splendor this month, I was asked at the deli by a passenger, how much they cahrged for food on board!:cool:

On our very first cruise, with our frequent travel companions at that time, boarded the 'then' Royal Princess for our first cruise ever in something like 1990. We hardly knew anyone who cruised then, none of us knew of the internet and we never bothered to buy a cruise travel book.

We were VERY experienced travelers and had no worries we could manage to get ourselves to FLL and to Port Everglades to board a ship/hotel as we thought of it.

We managed the boarding part just fine, dropped our carryons in cabin (score one for us :)) and found our way to their lunch buffet. We stood and watched for a few minutes to see how these clearly starving people who must not have eaten in at least a week were piling food on trays and plates and then walked away from the line without paying.

Good we knew enough to stand and stare or we would have reached for our wallets to pay for the lunch we eventually collected from the buffet. :D

Let's remember, all of us took our first cruise at one time or another. ;)

Those with fanny packs, S&S cards hanging around their necks and mouth hanging open as they take in all the sites. I am still guilty of the later one

I still carry my S&S card around my neck sometimes. :D

I absolutely love newbies. It makes me so tickled to see myself in their eyes. Like you, I also still have that excitement when I board a ship. Even ones I have been on before. This will be my 3rd Valor cruise, and I am still excited as if it is my 1st. Each trip has new people, and new fun. :)

NCL had a rope line across the hallway that leads to the cabins. Or once the fire doors were closed to the cabin areas.

So you go behind the shut doors ..........

Dunno about carnival but ncl has a room normally the library or the theater you can put your luggage in than come back and claim it

NCL had a rope line across the hallway that leads to the cabins. Or once the fire doors were closed to the cabin areas.

Same on RC. You used to be able to drop your bags in your room and leave. But for the last several years, the doors to the stateroom hallways have been locked (or guarded), until they make the announcement that rooms are ready.

Hmmmmmmm

Even oldies still wear lanyards (that is when the DH pockets are not available):D.

I guess we can tell a newbie when they stop dead in their tracks to take millions of pictures at the busiest time of the cruise (embarkation), when they could get better pictures at less crowded days later on during the week.

Sea Ya

So you go behind the shut doors ..........

Dunno about carnival but ncl has a room normally the library or the theater you can put your luggage in than come back and claim it

It is ok on Carnival to drop your carry-ons in your room , and leave ,,They do not mind .

Archived