Nothing screams," I'm a cruise newbie!" like...

purplemusik

It is ok on Carnival to drop your carry-ons in your room , and leave ,,They do not mind .

Strange because on almost every Carnival cruise I went on there was someone guarding the closed door saying "Come back when cabins are ready" even when I asked to drop off carry ons~

I'm sure, by the standards on this thread, that we are labeled "newbies" each and every time we board the ship. In spite of 13 cruises on RCCL and 15 cruises completed, we are smiling ear to ear when we board. We wear a lanyard out of convenience. We take countless photos. We go with our carry-ons to the WJ to eat lunch (it's a tradition), we go to the deck for sail away because we like the excitement of it (even though we have a balcony cabin). We point to the shops and the cafes (old memories of good times spent). We say we can't believe how big the ship is, in spite of the fact that we've been on this very ship before. We wouldn't complain if they did away with the nights with the singing waiters, but we stick around to cheer our waiter on. We've learned packing tips and we've altered some of our habits (such as buying every photo and taking ship excursions), but some habits are hard to break and some of them are habits we just don't want to change and we don't care if we've labeled a newbie.

I'm sure, by the standards on this thread, that we are labeled "newbies" each and every time we board the ship. In spite of 13 cruises on RCCL and 15 cruises completed, we are smiling ear to ear when we board. We wear a lanyard out of convenience. We take countless photos. We go with our carry-ons to the WJ to eat lunch (it's a tradition), we go to the deck for sail away because we like the excitement of it (even though we have a balcony cabin). We point to the shops and the cafes (old memories of good times spent). We say we can't believe how big the ship is, in spite of the fact that we've been on this very ship before. We wouldn't complain if they did away with the nights with the singing waiters, but we stick around to cheer our waiter on. We've learned packing tips and we've altered some of our habits (such as buying every photo and taking ship excursions), but some habits are hard to break and some of them are habits we just don't want to change and we don't care if we've labeled a newbie.

Very well said! I'm the same way!

I'm sure, by the standards on this thread, that we are labeled "newbies" each and every time we board the ship. In spite of 13 cruises on RCCL and 15 cruises completed, we are smiling ear to ear when we board. <snip>

<snip>but some habits are hard to break and some of them are habits we just don't want to change and we don't care if we've labeled a newbie.

I'm not sure any of us should feel the lable 'newbie' is a bad thing. :D

What's so wrong with it? :confused:

I hope we always act and feel like newbies each time we board a ship. :)

the first cruise we took we went to the mdr for lunch. When the meal was over we didn't know what to do...could we just get up and leave or do we have to sign something? We sat there for a while before another couple sitting near us got up and left so then we knew we could too!

the first cruise we took we went to the mdr for lunch. When the meal was over we didn't know what to do...could we just get up and leave or do we have to sign something? We sat there for a while before another couple sitting near us got up and left so then we knew we could too!

Loved this and can completely relate- I know if I didn't start cruising with my parents young, I'd be doing the exact same thing! It's part of the fun though, figuring it all out :)

The look of shock on their faces when they find out the "welcome aboard" drink is not free.

That's also one of my favorites and goes hand in hand with the melt down they experience at the end when they realize they owe an additional $1500 for the booze they drank. We saw this happen on a Celebrity cruise a few years back. We thought the couple were going to come to blows after loudly blaming each other........

Perfectly said, I agree even though we have only had 8 cruises.

I have read the full thread and some are funny. However, I am too busy enjoying the feeling of NOW being on the ship that I am the one taking pictures of all the people at embarkation. Yes, I may get better photos later but this is my first shots NOW. I guess I would look for newbies if they seem lost and see if I can help but I will do that in the streets of my city so it is not unique to a cruise.

May we all giggle as much on our 40th trip as our first and may there always be more to discover and explore.

M

Let's all remember to not make fun because we were all Newbies once. :)

LuLu

~~~~

Not making fun :) I love being a newbie on a ship...each ship I haven't sailed I'll be in full 110% newbie mode. And don't we all look like newbies from CC since we take pictures of our food? People probley think wer're new and not just writing a review! lol

We've done a few cruises now but hubby and I still argue about which way we should go to our cabin (and hubby still refers to them as rooms) :)

As long as he knows it's a ship and not a boat, he's made progress. :D

How many cruises until a newbie calls the vessel a ship? !!! :)

We've done a few cruises now but hubby and I still argue about which way we should go to our cabin (and hubby still refers to them as rooms) :)

I'm guilty of calling it our room... :o My son called it "home". When we were on our family cruise last year he kept saying "what time do I have to be home?" LOL He had the time of his life, though. :)

NCL had a rope line across the hallway that leads to the cabins. Or once the fire doors were closed to the cabin areas.

And I quietly open the fire door and scooted 3 doors down to my cabin and plopped our carry on's on the sofa while the steward just stared at me.

And I quietly open the fire door and scooted 3 doors down to my cabin and plopped our carry on's on the sofa while the steward just stared at me.

:eek: He probably stared as he expected everyone would follow the rules. :D He wasn't expecting someone would 'scoot' pass a clear barrier that indicated 'do not pass'. No?

Did he ever speak to you about it?

Archived