What to do first once onboard the Epic?

ganggreen88

Hello everyone. I am very excited for my upcoming cruise on the Epic on 11/2. It's my honeymoon cruise. Besides getting a drink in my hand, what would you recommend me to do first once on board?

I would like to get the spa pass for the week for my wife (newly) and I.

If no spa pass, then Posh pass.

I have read that its better to hit O'Sheehans for lunch since the buffett is usually crowded the first day.

Just wondering what you guys would recommend.

Thanks to all.

For sail away go up to the upper pool deck (port side) for a nice view of Miami and the beach as you sail out late afternoon. There will be a band playing. Everyone is excited and pumped up for the cruise and the drinks are starting to flow. Fun time.

Spice H2O isn't bad for sail away either if you want it a bit quieter.

Go eat lunch, its in TASTE all the way aft....then go up to the Spa using the AFT elevators you'll go right up into the spa on 14 (I think it is) get your spa passes and then explore!! :)

Think you need to do a recheck on that location.

I have been on the Epic and will be going again in Dec. My suggestion is review the deck plans before you go so you know which decks your interests are on. Also, make sure you go and view the bridge. It is open for viewing most of the time and you do not need a tour to view the bridge.

Hustle over to the reservations desk (by Le Bistro) and sign up for the Chef's Table. It is pricy, but you will have an amazing time! It sells out quick, so make sure it is absolutely your first stop!

Once that is taken care of, grab some lunch (there is a small buffet by Spice H20 with a nice view) and wander around the ship before it gets busy.

If you do grab a drink, just note that you will be taxed while you are in port. If you wait until sail away, you can save a little bit. Not a deal breaker, of course, but that surprised us.

Enjoy the Epic!

Hello everyone. I am very excited for my upcoming cruise on the Epic on 11/2. It's my honeymoon cruise. Besides getting a drink in my hand, what would you recommend me to do first once on board?

I would like to get the spa pass for the week for my wife (newly) and I.

If no spa pass, then Posh pass.

I have read that its better to hit O'Sheehans for lunch since the buffett is usually crowded the first day.

Just wondering what you guys would recommend.

Thanks to all.

Definitely lunch in the MDR, it wasn't crowded at all and we had a great lunch and then went to our cabin to unpack. Then it was time to go up to the pool area and get a drink and enjoy sailaway..wish we were going with you!:D

Definitely lunch in the MDR, it wasn't crowded at all and we had a great lunch and then went to our cabin to unpack. Then it was time to go up to the pool area and get a drink and enjoy sailaway..wish we were going with you!:D

This is a great idea! I think we'll do the same :)

Go eat lunch, its in TASTE all the way aft....then go up to the Spa using the AFT elevators you'll go right up into the spa on 14 (I think it is) get your spa passes and then explore!! :)

Manhattan Dining Room is all the way aft. Taste is mid-ship (and that's the one that is open for lunch IIRC).

Maybe I am missing something..it's your honeymoon right?? what do most honeymooners do:eek::eek:

Afterwards, the first chance I have, would introduce myself to my neighbors and advise them you are honeymooners...if you are lucky, they will treat you to a bon voyage drink

Then I would do all the wonderful suggestions everyone has offered

Maybe I am missing something..it's your honeymoon right?? what do most honeymooners do:eek::eek:

Afterwards, the first chance I have, would introduce myself to my neighbors and advise them you are honeymooners...if you are lucky, they will treat you to a bon voyage drink

Then I would do all the wonderful suggestions everyone has offered

Lmao.......thanks hattack

1) Drop our carry-ons at Headliner's

2) Atrium Cafe for our UBP sticker

3) O'Sheehan's for our first drink, lunch, and to meet the rest of our group!

4) POOL DECK! For some sail-away party fun, using the hot tubs, and going down the slides while no one else is in line ;)

1) Drop our carry-ons at Headliner's

2) Atrium Cafe for our UBP sticker

3) O'Sheehan's for our first drink, lunch, and to meet the rest of our group!

4) POOL DECK! For some sail-away party fun, using the hot tubs, and going down the slides while no one else is in line ;)

Didn't know we could drop our carry on's at Headliner's :) Love your plan! I think we'll go to the MDR...course, that could change once we board ;)

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Forums mobile app

Didn't know we could drop our carry on's at Headliner's :) Love your plan! I think we'll go to the MDR...course, that could change once we board ;)

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Forums mobile app

How do you drop your carry-ons at Headliners? also, does anyone know if the Epic has a piano bar like Carnival does? Taking my first NCL cruise Thanksgiving week on the Epic! :)

How do you drop your carry-ons at Headliners? also, does anyone know if the Epic has a piano bar like Carnival does? Taking my first NCL cruise Thanksgiving week on the Epic! :)

Bring your carry-ons to Headliners ( there is usually a line), and they will give you a ticket so that you can go back later and pick them up.

Believe it or not, I have been on the Epic twice and can't remember if there is a Piano Bar. Have a great cruise. You will love the Epic.

Bring your carry-ons to Headliners ( there is usually a line), and they will give you a ticket so that you can go back later and pick them up.

Believe it or not, I have been on the Epic twice and can't remember if there is a Piano Bar. Have a great cruise. You will love the Epic.

At what time can you normally get into the cabins? I just usually sit on the Lido deck with my carry-on if it's not too long of a wait.

Archived