Glow Party

Is the Glow party the same as the White Party? What did they do there?

On the Allure it's called the glow party and was held in Studio B. The cruise director hosted, passengers purchased glow items (neon colored lights) and it was a big dance party. I think the CD called it the biggest line dance at sea. The videographer walked around to get everyone in the video. It was a lot of fun for the whole family.

What is the white party?

On the Allure it's called the glow party and was held in Studio B. The cruise director hosted, passengers purchased glow items (neon colored lights) and it was a big dance party. I think the CD called it the biggest line dance at sea. The videographer walked around to get everyone in the video. It was a lot of fun for the whole family.

What is the white party?

The "White Party" has to do with the color of attire that is typically worn. That term is traditionally used on NCL's cruises; cruisers put on all-white dresses, pants, tops, etc, to dance and drink the night away. RCI's parties are called Glow parties. Same idea.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
I sure hope the silent party continues..loved it on Explorer.

They had the silent party on the 5 Night Bermuda Explorer, however, it was during The Quest. Caught the tail end of the silent party, but they weren't handing out any more headphones.

Explorer of the Seas had its premiere of the Glow Party last night in Studio B. Some of the bar staff were wearing white T-Shirts with "GLOW" on the side. The dance floor was chained off, but there was a makeshift bar set up at one end with a bunch of glasses with the flashy lights. There were selling flashy bling on the way in, but I didn't really see anything that "glowed" except for a couple of burnt out glow rings that my have been handed out the day before.

6 dancers with flashlights came out, then Irky for Turkey (Activities Manager) came out with the cruise directors' staff. He was telling people to come out to the dancefloor as the CD staff removed the chains.

Two things missing from this event: Neon glow sticks & drugs (ecstasy and/or LSD). The former I would expect to be there and the latter I can only image would enhance the experience based on movies I've watched (GO).

Explorer of the Seas had its premiere of the Glow Party last night in Studio B. Some of the bar staff were wearing white T-Shirts with "GLOW" on the side. The dance floor was chained off, but there was a makeshift bar set up at one end with a bunch of glasses with the flashy lights. There were selling flashy bling on the way in, but I didn't really see anything that "glowed" except for a couple of burnt out glow rings that my have been handed out the day before.

-----------

Hi TM38Rob

The Explorer has had glow parties on board for some time now. Why was it a "premier of the glow party". I been to a few glow parties on the Explorer. So was this something different?.:confused:

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

We go to our local amusement park---Kennywood, outside Pittsburgh and we purchase their light up head gear, necklaces and other neat stuff to take to the glow party.............

Or you can get from any party store....

Sea Ya

The "White Party" has to do with the color of attire that is typically worn. That term is traditionally used on NCL's cruises; cruisers put on all-white dresses, pants, tops, etc, to dance and drink the night away. RCI's parties are called Glow parties. Same idea.

Grandeur had a white party last spring. They had built in boarders for the pictures the photography people took, so it wasn't a one time thing (at least I assume not).

-----------

Hi TM38Rob

The Explorer has had glow parties on board for some time now. Why was it a "premier of the glow party". I been to a few glow parties on the Explorer. So was this something different?.:confused:

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

They announced it as the "premier" and I did a quick search first (that's how I found this thread), but it sounds like they're just trying to make us feel special. Either that, or they're still trying to work out the kinks. I'm still not sure what that event was supposed to be.

We sailed on the oasis in april and we didnt have it. I wish they did it on every ship since I love neon :P

We were on the Allure this past January (for the second time) We did attend the "glow Party" It really was just a vehicle to purchase items that glowed in the dark. We were not happy that RC didn't just give away glow items especially to the children- Seemed like a venue to sell useless junk and make parents pay.

You didn't miss anything and saved money.