Silver Box Gone

canyonman

My first reaction to that box was "yuck, cheap and nasty".:eek:

Cheers

Jennifer

I hope the Sydney SS office has a good supply of those silver boxes !

I would rather not have a box if it is going to be the white one ! :p

Ann

What's wrong with me? Years ago I asked our TA to quit sending the silver boxes because I had more than enough for special storage. And I've asked again and again -- please -- no more document holders -- to no avail. I've kept a couple of the original good ones which fit the docs needs perfectly. Where have I gone wrong........?:confused:

We'll live one way or the other but we were kind of looking forward to another silver box. Though we'd gotten used to e-docs with Holland America it was nice to get our first silver box last year. We laid all the contents out on our kitchen table that first day.....with the required but more refined Silversea doc dance of course....and in the mood to celebrate went out for dinner. Obviously one or more of our cats decided to protest our upcoming absence while we were out and ate the corner off the silver box! :eek::D No damage to the contents so we still have the same number of cats but with a silver box that now looks like a chew toy. :)

There have been some nice Silversea items on e-Bay over the years. Someone sold a red parka and back pack from their Silver Explorer trip and someone else sold a nice hat and tote bag.

Maybe we should start selling silver boxes and document holders. The problem is the cost of the shipping!

OK- for $x,xxx- you win. I'd like a silver box for sure but for the price of another cruise- maybe not.

By the by- I dreamt about all of you last night. We were having a wonderful time onboard the S Galapagos- sitting around as the sun went down, having a quiet drink after an apparently busy day, talking with some paraprofessional editors (I don't know what they are either) who sort of worked onboard. They were a delightful couple, we all we're having a really lovely time. Comfortable, quietly elegant and relaxed.

This may be the longest trip review you get before you sail since nobody who has actually been on the ship seems to want to post. But trust me- we were enjoying ourselves!

I got the usual silver box just last week.

Personally, I'd prefer to be able to download and print my docs as I do when I cruise on other lines - the box seems to be an awful waste of money, given the shipping cost to Bermuda.

We were emailed our docs for our Christmas cruise this morning. We live in Australia and our (Internet-based) travel agent is in Florida.

We are happy to receive electronic docs as its less to carry and we already have all the luggage tags and pens etc that we need.

But I also understand that for others, the silver box is part of the experience.