NEW LIVE from the Royal 10/29-1//10

paulmichael

A Half Day in the Sanctuary...$15.00

Dinner for two at Crown Grille...$50.00

A cruise for two in a Balcony Stateroom...$2100.00

A CC Member holding an 8x10 of Dave on the top deck at Sailaway showing our appreciation for his hard work...PRICELESS!

Steve

Amen!

Perhaps there is a space next to Kate's picture?

I am really enjoying this live Royal thread! We will be on dec.29th eastern caribbean. We have a very aft deluxe balcony, E117. Are these balconies covered? Has the soot blown into the room? No rubber matting on deck, like island princess?

I have a question! Being new to cruising, this will be my 2nd, what does TA refer to? I need to learn cruise abbreviations and terminology.:)

........... Being new to cruising, this will be my 2nd, what does TA refer to? I need to learn cruise abbreviations and terminology.:)

Depending on the context it would be either Trans Atlantic or Travel Agent. :cool:

Great to see a lot of us on board posting, I agree that I am seeing a lot of people hacking but I don't think it is due to any soot. my cabin has none. Great day at the Cay but one thing that needs to be noted is that the Royals tenders are much larger than others on Princess, thus, they hold a lot more people so getting on and off can be a little longer than you are used to, no big problem but just be aware.

I do hope that the hacking is not due to anything more than dry weather. Today looks like a lot of us are drinking a bit more than we should, just saying, but it may be to my advantage in getting in to one to the other dinning rooms without a reservation.

Sent laundry out so see when it returns

Mike :)

Did anyone do a sanctuary bungalow, and can you let us have a review on these, we are at PC in 3 weeks time. Thanks. Ken

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Another great night. Drinks in Crooners while we watched sample shows in the Piazza.

Dinner in Allegro was good, service was a bit slow but food was great. Tonight should be a lot of Captains welcome party with Formal Night and Halloween. Ship is starting to look very spooky and should be a hoot. looks like a lot of thinks to do in the patter today.

1. no soot on my balcony

2 everything in the cabin works fine

3. will see if my laundry shows up today as promised

We have not been to the show yet but will take everything in tonight. so far love every thing about the ship, would recommend booking a cabin near the stairwells. at times the elevators can be slow, but I am trying to use them just to see how long it takes and find that most of the time they come fairly fast.

our weather has been great, looks like another nice day.

thanks all for now

Mike :)

Make sure to check out the nice outdoor sitting areas on deck 7 The doors are not easy to find. They are on either side of Facets and Crooners...

Enjoy..

Edited by RichNY

Thanks for doing this Live. It is very interesting to read the thoughts of others, now that I have actually been on the ship.

Be sure to attend an activity during the week that is hosted by the Deputy Cruise Director - Dan Appleby. This guy is an absolute hoot. I can just imagine what fun he will bring to the Halloween celebrations tonight!

Did anyone do a sanctuary bungalow, and can you let us have a review on these, we are at PC in 3 weeks time. Thanks. Ken
I didn't do a bungalow but did do the Sanctuary for a couple of days. There were two bungalows nearby that had been booked for the entire cruise. They had what was like a living room with a couch, chairs, table, TV, etc. and two loungers outside. The people were using the bungalow both days I was there. As I was waiting to book one morning, the guy ahead of me booked a bungalow for four people for the morning. They had to pay for two extra loungers but all four could use the bungalow.

My one thought about the bungalow is that one of them had the TV blasting for hours, really disturbing the peace and quiet. The sound was probably much worse for those in loungers closer. I probably should have asked for Bose headphones to block out the noise.

MY TA said Carlos Oscar (comedian) was on the TA sailing.. so if he is on your cruise, go see him! That is if you like clean comedy and like to laugh every other second. We've seen him a few times and heart him!

Your agent is wrong. Carlos Oscar was not on the TA

Your agent is wrong. Carlos Oscar was not on the TA

Oops, my bad. She left a note for me on the ship and in her email telling me where it is for when we board, I was so excited I read her email wrong. She said "if" he is on the ship. Sorry about that. Now I have to go write Carlos too, I was telling him I was looking forward to seeing him.

Thanks for the heads up Pia, I'll go back in my Hobbit Hole now.

Oops, my bad. She left a note for me on the ship and in her email telling me where it is for when we board, I was so excited I read her email wrong. She said "if" he is on the ship. Sorry about that. Now I have to go write Carlos too, I was telling him I was looking forward to seeing him.

Thanks for the heads up Pia, I'll go back in my Hobbit Hole now.

LOL. I always enjoy Carlos too. :D

View of Princess Cays from Royal Princess by Scott Ladewig on Twitter

BX1d84xIUAEErIW.jpg:large

LOVE, LOVE this!! Can't wait for December. I want to be there now.

So - how is the pool and upper deck situation? Overcrowded or perfectly fine?

Also - read the comment about the TVs in the bungalows in the Sanctuary blasting away. This was a fear of mine. I understood that the bungalow dwellers were supposed to be given headphones so everyone else wouldn't be bothered. That would make me crazy and I would be complaining to a supervisor.

Larry, #1winelover, holding portrait of Dave. In recognition of Dave's tireless work, that we all benefited from, to prepare us for our first sailing on the fabulous Royal Princess, we salute you! Wish you were here!

10574040804_3b0fe7d314_b.jpg

That is great, what a great way to honor Dave, who has done so much for our CC community! Wonderful

Ron

That is great, what a great way to honor Dave, who has done so much for our CC community! Wonderful

Ron

Yes, I agree. Larry, that was pretty cool. Kudos to you.

I may have missed it, but any update on what Princess may be doing for Dave on his cruise. Hopefully, they listened to our plea and are doing something special for him.

Paul

Thanks so much for the updates! If there's any way you can post the times they schedule for the Royal for the first walk-off as well as the first "regular" group on the Royal, and whether your schedule "stuck", that would be super helpful. Thanks, and enjoy the rest of your cruise!!!