where to sleep?

when I logged in to check-in, etc on RC's website the cabin number was there. I have no clue how the TA could even select a 2 person room for 3 people on a web based system.

I am curious about that also. Hopefully one (or more) of the many TAs on this board can jump in here and give us an answer to that. I would go back to the very first email, snail mail, etc. that the TA issued to you showing the booking to see what cabin was listed.

on my invoice my cabin number says 'TBA (Q)'

however, I do recall as soon as I logged on to RC's site to book excursions etc I remember seeing our room number and was happy we were on the 10th deck and not in the bottom

If your original paperwork listed your cabin as TBA Q, this is a Q guarantee, and the cabin was chosen by Royal Caribbean. They are totally responsible for assigning 3 passengers to a 2 passenger cabin!

This is correct. RCI assigns the guarantee cabins. The TA has nothing to do with the assignment.

QUOTE=cruizinEllen;40488960]If your original paperwork listed your cabin as TBA Q, this is a Q guarantee, and the cabin was chosen by Royal Caribbean. They are totally responsible for assigning 3 passengers to a 2 passenger cabin!

however, I do recall as soon as I logged on to RC's site to book excursions etc I remember seeing our room number and was happy we were on the 10th deck and not in the bottom

Was your reservation for three people from the very start? Or was it originally a booking for two, with the third added later?

Just curious because guarantees are more often offered to parties of two than to larger ones.

If your original paperwork listed your cabin as TBA Q, this is a Q guarantee, and the cabin was chosen by Royal Caribbean. They are totally responsible for assigning 3 passengers to a 2 passenger cabin!

I agree the Q cabins are assigned by the computer. Definitely sounds like an RC computer glitch. However, it sounds like the cabin number was in there at least several days before sailing so the TA should have double checked. (or at least I am fairly confident my TA would have checked it out)

No matter who caused the error....I am so sorry this happened!

Edited by skiiergirl

Royal should have moved you immediately but I also feel like your TA should be doing the legwork. Maybe between Royal and the TA you could get a better resolution so you're not angry. That really sucks to be so cramped!

They won't allow 3 to book a gty catagory....because of this potential problem!

I don't see how this mistake could have happened, unless somehow, you didn't pay for the 3rd person!

Sounds like the TA is at fault...no matter how it happened.

GTY is for 2 only!!

It is impossible to book 3 people into a cabin for 2.

There simply is no place to even put the third persons name in the reservation on a cabin for two.

Something is not right....your TA needs to step up and get you answers!

People who cruise with an infant must also book a cabin for triple or quad because you need to put the child's name, DOB...ect. Again you can not book a triple into a double cabin...period!

Edited by Arizona Cruz Chic

They won't allow 3 to book a gty catagory....because of this potential problem!

I don't see how this mistake could have happened, unless somehow, you didn't pay for the 3rd person!

Sounds like the TA is at fault...no matter how it happened.

I agree with this statement. Under no circumstance will Royal allow a gty to be booked on any of their ships in any type of cabin for more than 2 persons. We often want to book a cabin for 3 and lose out on some tempting gty rates.

Again, unless you had originally booked for just two persons, then after the cabin was assigned, you added a 3rd thru your TA. Then it was the TAs fault.

I agree with this statement. Under no circumstance will Royal allow a gty to be booked on any of their ships in any type of cabin for more than 2 persons. We often want to book a cabin for 3 and lose out on some tempting gty rates.

Again, unless you had originally booked for just two persons, then after the cabin was assigned, you added a 3rd thru your TA. Then it was the TAs fault.

I booked a W suite guarantee for 4, so I am confused by your statement. I booked directly with Royal's website, so this may not be the case.

I have heard of a few people booking guarantee cabins for three or four. Suite gty bookings (W) for four have been reported by a few posters over the last year, and I know I was able to pull one of those up on their website a few weeks ago. Still, I think guarantees are most often offered for 2 passengers, less often for solos, and even less often for 3+.

I am sorry it happened to the OP. It is a good reminder to check the deck plan and availability when you get your gty assignment. Make sure the room is in the promised category (or better), that it sleeps the correct number:eek:, and, if you are in a location (like US) that allows swaps, whether a more desirable cabin in the exact category is available. Granted, one should not have to do this, but it is in the guest's best interest. I have been assigned perfectly acceptable cabins based on gty booking, and once assigned, I have been allowed to swap to better located cabins in that category. Sometime I score really nice cabins that way. Well worth the time spent.

Sorry but you are wrong on this. While it does not happen often there are occasions that a guarantee for more than 2 occupants is available. I have personally booked one and had no issues.

I booked a W suite guarantee for 4, so I am confused by your statement. I booked directly with Royal's website, so this may not be the case.

I am not referring to suites, I guess I should have said that.

Sorry you are incorrect...as I sit here I am looking at a DO GTY on Quantum for 3 people on RCCL website :D I have seen them on other ships in the past too.

What is a DO? that's new to me, but so is the Quantum. But I'm not familiar with DO on other ships.

Maybe a glitch in the system assigned the room but your TA owned the booking and handled a multiple thousand dollar transaction for you. You would think the TA would verify what is provided to their clients and ensure they get what they are paying for. They ARE supposed to have expertise, knowledge, and information that the casual consumer doesn't have access to.

Your TA dropped the ball big time. Now they are ignoring you. Go figure.

Was everything correct in your original paperwork? I'm thinking maybe the 16 year old was listed as a 16 month old? Since he doesn't have to show ID, this could have gone unnoticed at check-in. This just doesn't make any sense and I'm sorry it happened to you. I am glad you got through it, now that you are past it, HELL, YEAH! I'd take a 25% reduction. Next time, book directly with RCI (once they get the computers fixed :rolleyes:) and you won;t have to worry, especially since the TA is refusing to do anything.

What is a DO? that's new to me, but so is the Quantum. But I'm not familiar with DO on other ships.

It is a new category invented for this new ship.

First, you know what a D cabin is. That's where the designation starts.

But the balcony is obstructed by the hanging lifeboats.

The O is for Obstructed.

Cheaper than other D's, it's an Obstructed D cabin.

:)

Was everything correct in your original paperwork? I'm thinking maybe the 16 year old was listed as a 16 month old? Since he doesn't have to show ID, this could have gone unnoticed at check-in. This just doesn't make any sense and I'm sorry it happened to you. I am glad you got through it, now that you are past it, HELL, YEAH! I'd take a 25% reduction. Next time, book directly with RCI (once they get the computers fixed :rolleyes:) and you won;t have to worry, especially since the TA is refusing to do anything.

It doesn't matter if you book directly with RCI or use a TA. My family of 3 booked a cruise on the Radiance. It was booked directly with Royal and all names and ages on the invoice were correct. When we got to the cabin we discovered that it was only a 2 person cabin....no sofa bed or pull man. There were no cabins available for us to switch to and Royal was not much help for us. We ended up finding our own solution and switched our cabin with other passengers. However it was a hassle as credit card info and such had to switched and all room info also. It wasn't seamless.

The attitude on board was very casual to their mistake and we were offered no OBC or future cruise credit. That was ok for us as we did have a proper cabin in the end. However, it would have been nice if they had at least sent us a bottle of wine to us for finding our own solution and saving them from having to think.:rolleyes:

If it wasn't for my finding the solution myself we would have ended up like the OP with just a rollaway in the room. It's a shame that the onboard staff didn't step up and at least try and find someone to switch cabins with the OP. A little bit of OBC for both parties and everyone would be happy and at a cost less than having to issue a future cruise credit. I know it happens as it has happened to me personally. I'm not one to accept that there is no solution so I solved my situation myself.

Extra training is needed on board if they cannot come up with such a simple solution and need passengers to do their job. We had a balcony cabin and there was no way I wanted to deal with a roll away in the cabin. The OP was in an inside cabin with a roll away!! The OP should insist on at least a 50% future cruise credit as I am sure they were extremely crowded in the cabin with the roll away. Their enjoyment of their cruise would have been affected by the crowding and sleeping arrangements.

Not to mention....it is Royals booking system that allowed 3 adult passengers in a 2 person cabin so they should offer adequate compensation for their error. Again....all our paperwork was correct with the proper names and ages of each of us as it also seems to be for the OP. The TA should have noticed this also so I would also want something from the TA. At the very least the TA should be fighting for their client.

PS....I say adults as we are speaking of adults and teenagers

It doesn't matter if you book directly with RCI or use a TA. My family of 3 booked a cruise on the Radiance. It was booked directly with Royal and all names and ages on the invoice were correct. When we got to the cabin we discovered that it was only a 2 person cabin....no sofa bed or pull man. There were no cabins available for us to switch to and Royal was not much help for us. We ended up finding our own solution and switched our cabin with other passengers. However it was a hassle as credit card info and such had to switched and all room info also. It wasn't seamless.

The attitude on board was very casual to their mistake and we were offered no OBC or future cruise credit. That was ok for us as we did have a proper cabin in the end. However, it would have been nice if they had at least sent us a bottle of wine to us for finding our own solution and saving them from having to think.:rolleyes:

If it wasn't for my finding the solution myself we would have ended up like the OP with just a rollaway in the room. It's a shame that the onboard staff didn't step up and at least try and find someone to switch cabins with the OP. A little bit of OBC for both parties and everyone would be happy and at a cost less than having to issue a future cruise credit. I know it happens as it has happened to me personally. I'm not one to accept that there is no solution so I solved my situation myself.

Extra training is needed on board if they cannot come up with such a simple solution and need passengers to do their job. We had a balcony cabin and there was no way I wanted to deal with a roll away in the cabin. The OP was in an inside cabin with a roll away!! The OP should insist on at least a 50% future cruise credit as I am sure they were extremely crowded in the cabin with the roll away. Their enjoyment of their cruise would have been affected by the crowding and sleeping arrangements.

Not to mention....it is Royals booking system that allowed 3 adult passengers in a 2 person cabin so they should offer adequate compensation for their error. Again....all our paperwork was correct with the proper names and ages of each of us as it also seems to be for the OP. The TA should have noticed this also so I would also want something from the TA. At the very least the TA should be fighting for their client.

PS....I say adults as we are speaking of adults and teenagers

That's horrendous.

I absolutely agree that it's nuts that their computer system doesn't prevent such a booking.