drinks progrram for segments

Hawaiidan

Question, If you are on a cruise, which is comprised of 2 segments 17 and 16, but booked for the 33 days as though it was 1 cruise, can you buy the drinks package for just one of the segments? Having to drink 6+ drinks daily for a month, in order to break even doesn't so healthy.

Second do both passengers in the same cabin have to buy the package, or can one just do it

Question, If you are on a cruise, which is comprised of 2 segments 17 and 16, but booked for the 33 days as though it was 1 cruise, can you buy the drinks package for just one of the segments? Having to drink 6+ drinks daily for a month, in order to break even doesn't so healthy.

Second do both passengers in the same cabin have to buy the package, or can one just do it

For the second part -it would make sense to me that if both passengers want to drink, they both have to buy the package (unlike the internet package, that can be shared, one person at a time). Unless, of course, you want to share your drink :D

Don't forget the drink package includes tip & tax. And if you have Champagne, wine, port or a better scotch it's more like 3 drinks to break even.

Rick

I do not want to feel compelled to drink daily for over a month. There are some inherent problems that can arise.

My wife doesn't drink other than wine and maybe 2 to 3 glasses Neither of us cares a hoot about Champagne... for her with tip $35 a day woyld more than do it. That would leave me with haing to drink 90 a day to break even.

At $60pp that's $120 if we have to buy each buy the same plan That's about $4,000 for this next cruise....that's a lot of booze

I never feel compelled to drink with the drink package, and it's not for everyone. However for us it works out--I enjoy a glass of Champagne, a drink before dinner in the lounge, maybe one at dinner, a glass of wine and some port with cheese. Maybe a drink at the bar with a few people later in the night. And yes a glass of Champagne with breakfast sometimes in our suite. What the heck, I'm on vacation-I wouldn't do this at home, but on vacation yes. We booked a b2b, 23 days and yes we got the package (so did our friends that well be cruising with us).

Rick

I do not want to feel compelled to drink daily for over a month. There are some inherent problems that can arise.

My wife doesn't drink other than wine and maybe 2 to 3 glasses Neither of us cares a hoot about Champagne... for her with tip $35 a day woyld more than do it. That would leave me with haing to drink 90 a day to break even.

At $60pp that's $120 if we have to buy each buy the same plan That's about $4,000 for this next cruise....that's a lot of booze

Judging from this statement, it seems like the best bet for you is to skip the package deal altogether and just buy a drink along the line when and if you feel like it.

What you all are saying is that you can not buy a package for one without buying a package for your partner/wife in the same cabin.:(

I still need an answer can I buy a package for 1 or 2 for the first segment of a 2 segment cruise? Suppose I just want it for the first segment, can I do that.:rolleyes:

What you all are saying is that you can not buy a package for one without buying a package for your partner/wife in the same cabin.:(

I still need an answer can I buy a package for 1 or 2 for the first segment of a 2 segment cruise? Suppose I just want it for the first segment, can I do that.:rolleyes:

You are asking two questions here. According to the "Cruisesource" website, Celebrity is the only line that allows one adult in a cabin to purchase a package. If the website is correct, that means both you and your wife would have to buy packages on Oceania. As to the second question, we cannot remember where we read it (and policy may have changed in the meantime) but the two cruises are separate and you do not need to buy packages for both cruises unless you want to.

I believe if only one person in the cabin want to buy the drink package they can

This was discussed before here

If in doubt call Oceania

I think if you are doing 2 segments not as a Grand Voyage then you can buy the package for 1 segment

If in doubt call Oceania

The cruise I am booked on, 33 days is listed as a "grand voyage" the sub cruises 16+17 day are not.

This, I assume, since I am booked on a grand, even though comprised of2 segments, I must take the whole enchilada or nothing.:mad:

Is that correct.:rolleyes:

I will contact Oceana

Thanks for all

I believe if only one person in the cabin want to buy the drink package they can

This was discussed before here

If in doubt call Oceania

I think if you are doing 2 segments not as a Grand Voyage then you can buy the package for 1 segment

If in doubt call Oceania

1. agree

2. agree

3. agree

4. agree

Hawaiidan

I think you can, one of my friends that are going the wife doesn't drink and they purchased just one package for him. Also I think it depends on how you paid for your cruise, we paid one invoice for the first part of the cruise and paid another invoice for the 2nd part of the b2b cruise. So when we purchased the drink package we had to buy one package for the 1st cruise and buy another for the 2nd cruise. But we had two invoices, if you only have one invoice you - you may be out of luck and have to purchase for the whole cruise.

Rick

Archived