Back2Back On RCI

We are doing a B2B on Royal Caribbean Independence OTS. Have done a B2B on Celebrity and they treat you nicely on day of disembarkation/embarkation (continental breakfast in a special waiting area, walk you through customs, move belongings to new cabin if you didn't get the same cabin). What is the process for RCI ?? Thanks for you experience and help.

Depends on ship and port, how many on the B2B.... different factors.

On Adventure in San Juan we had a special lunch in the MDR otherwise nothing special laid on.

Same room for both cruises you get access to your room all day.... if you moving you are assisted.

Advisable to ensure your room steward and the new room steward are aware if you are moving rooms.

We didn't get to go ashore; those who wanted were able to go in to town; new sea passes are provided before the last day of the first cruise. Your Account is closed and settled for the first cruise and a whole new account is started for the 2nd.

Edited by NorbertsNiece

• 1 month later...
Thanks for your help.Too late on the set sail paperwork already done that but thanks for the info on the luggage tags wasn't sure how it worked re change over and things. Unfortunately we have to change cabins for the 2nd week but now worries.

You will be assisted with the move..... suggest you introduce yourself to your new steward before time as you will have access to THAT area before the new boarders..... everything hanging will be transported on their hangers.... you will need to pack up your 'drawers' (I've read of people using packing cubes to make that easier). You should receive your new room keys before hand as well.... during your first week information will be left for you.... by the day before if you've still not received info suggest having a word with Guest Services.

I was wondering if anyone has done a B2B from Barcelona Sp? I know some countries have different procedures and we are doing a Med cruise then a TA from Barcelona next year. Does a B2B in Barcelona involve any different processes then what is done at most US Ports? Just curious.

Mike

I just did the Navigator TA B2B with a Barcelona turnaround along with a zillion others. They had everyone show up in the theater between 6:30-8:30 to check out, get a new sea pass card, and check in again. Once that was done, we were free to leave the ship for the day.

The only problem was that my credit card did not transfer over, so when I tried to get off at the end in Galveston, I went "tilt" and had to get out of line and go back to the Guest Services line to register my credit card again - a real PITA on a disembarkation morning. If I do this again, I will check out that detail long before I try to disembark.

I just did the Navigator TA B2B with a Barcelona turnaround along with a zillion others. They had everyone show up in the theater between 6:30-8:30 to check out, get a new sea pass card, and check in again. Once that was done, we were free to leave the ship for the day.

The only problem was that my credit card did not transfer over, so when I tried to get off at the end in Galveston, I went "tilt" and had to get out of line and go back to the Guest Services line to register my credit card again - a real PITA on a disembarkation morning. If I do this again, I will check out that detail long before I try to disembark.

Thanks for the quick reply, I will definetly put that on my list of things to check out on one of the sea days.

Mike

You will be assisted with the move..... suggest you introduce yourself to your new steward before time as you will have access to THAT area before the new boarders..... everything hanging will be transported on their hangers.... you will need to pack up your 'drawers' (I've read of people using packing cubes to make that easier). You should receive your new room keys before hand as well.... during your first week information will be left for you.... by the day before if you've still not received info suggest having a word with Guest Services.

When we introduce ourselves to the new room steward, we ask if we might have access to the safe as soon as the previous occupants vacate. So far, they have always let us stash our stuff. This way, we can go about our business either on the ship or on shore without having to worry about carrying it with us.

One time they wanted us to come to a lounge at 9:30 to "zero" out and get our new cards. We had a private tour lined up that was to begin earlier. So we went to the desk the night before and explained the situation. They gave us our new cards then and told us to zero out with the old card and use the new card to get on the ship.

Another time we wanted to get off the ship to do some wash. At the orientation meeting they said all we could take off the ship would be a tote. I'm a little slow sometimes but it didn't take me long to figure out that I get off the ship with my dirty clothes in a suitcase, they have no idea I am not disembarking. I get back on the ship with my clean clothes in a suitcase, they have no idea I am not embarking. I used the "early tour" ploy to get my new card the night before.

Tucker in Texas

I have booked liberty 12/12-12/16. separately a few days later booked liberty 12/16-12/21. I have2 separate reservation numbers. I have 2 different cabins. I have printed out 2 separate set sail passes. I also bought royal cancellation insurance for each of these cruises . is this a BtoB?

I have booked liberty 12/12-12/16. separately a few days later booked liberty 12/16-12/21. I have2 separate reservation numbers. I have 2 different cabins. I have printed out 2 separate set sail passes. I also bought royal cancellation insurance for each of these cruises . is this a BtoB?

Yes, it's a back to back. You should call Royal (or travel agent if you used one) and have the cruises linked as consecutive cruises.

Our agent strongly suggested we do both set sail passes as you have to register your travel arrangements and also your credit card will advance to the next cruise already registered. When you are checking in the desk doesn't know you are on a consecutive cruise.

Not sure how the one of the posters stated he got off with a suitcase of laundry...you would have to go thru customs to take luggage...anything more than a back bag or such is considered luggage and you are also using an in transit pass to get off the ship and show it and new sea pass to get get back on the ship. But I guess you did it...

Oh Bob...can't wait for our B2B on Adventure in just a few weeks....

Not sure how the one of the posters stated he got off with a suitcase of laundry...you would have to go thru customs to take luggage...anything more than a back bag or such is considered luggage and you are also using an in transit pass to get off the ship and show it and new sea pass to get get back on the ship. But I guess you did it...

It was in Rome where we did the laundry and there were no inspections of any kind. We just got off the ship as if we were disembarking with the old card and used the new one to reboard like we were embarking. Went through security and then directly to the ship. On another B2B through Rome, we didn't do laundry but got off to do some shopping and go to an ATM machine. We requested our cards the night before because we didn't know just how long it would take us to get them in the morning as there were a lot of B2Bers. Both times were a trans-Atlantic that continued on to the Med. That was Royal Caribbean.

On another B2B in Amsterdam with our B2B, we did have a pass of some kind given to us when we got our new cards. The new cards were given to us the night before rather than the morning of disembarkation. It was a "courtesy" pass issued by the ship so that, once through security, we could show it and go directly to the ship rather than "check in." Again, no "authority" checked us only the ship's crew did to permit us to skip check in. That ship line was Celebrity.

Tucker in Texas