Post if you are a Beyond the Podium Speaker

Orator

Started a thread a few weeks ago about wanted to know at least the topics of Beyond the Podium speakers. Celebrity will not give this information so I think we need to try another route. I've noticed that a few speakers have posted on Roll Calls and thought that they might want to post here. If you are a speaker and wish to let us know, please indicate your name, topic and schedule. This might help to build an audience for your presentations.

• 2 years later...

Hi Orator, Since Smithsonian Journeys moved from Celebrity, the World Explorers Bureau developed a "World Explorers" programme which supplies a large number of Guest Speakers for the Beyond the Podium enrichment program - all real-life explorers and adventurers. If it helps I can post links to the upcoming Speakers, topics and biographies for various sailings here.

Hi Orator, Since Smithsonian Journeys moved from Celebrity, the World Explorers Bureau developed a "World Explorers" programme which supplies a large number of Guest Speakers for the Beyond the Podium enrichment program - all real-life explorers and adventurers. If it helps I can post links to the upcoming Speakers, topics and biographies for various sailings here.

That would be wonderful!

• 2 years later...

My husband, Dr. Sam Glassner, has been a speaker on cruise ships (Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, Princess, and Viking) since 2013.  His enrichment presentations look at history through the eyes of a physician. His talks reveal the little-known medical factors which influenced geopolitical events that shaped the course of western civilization. All of his presentations are meticulously researched, cogently presented and geared toward the layperson – no medical jargon is used. He also gives destination lectures.

As the chairman and medical director of his hospital’s emergency department he was called upon to address both professional and lay audiences, including the internationally-recognized American Academy of Emergency Medicine which honored him with the James A. Keaney leadership award in 2006. He has also been a featured speaker for the City College of San Francisco Adult Education program.

Sam’s love of travel began over forty years ago when he served for two years as a Peace Corps volunteer in the Republic of Korea. Photographs of his travels have been published. He has visited six of the world’s seven continents and his current destination topics include talks on Cuba, the Caribbean, Russia and the Baltic countries. He is a member of the Slavic National Honor Society and prior to retirement was a fellow of both the American Academy of Emergency Medicine and the American College of Emergency Physicians. His writings have been published in the emergency medicine literature. When he is not traveling and/or speaking he is expanding his repertoire of destination and enrichment presentations. 

He returned recently from speaking on the Celebrity Infinity and will be speaking next on Oceania Nautica August 24 - September 21.  And, Oceania Sirena November 6 - 21.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Champagne Taste said:

My husband, Dr. Sam Glassner, has been a speaker on cruise ships (Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, Princess, and Viking) since 2013.  His enrichment presentations look at history through the eyes of a physician. His talks reveal the little-known medical factors which influenced geopolitical events that shaped the course of western civilization. All of his presentations are meticulously researched, cogently presented and geared toward the layperson – no medical jargon is used. He also gives destination lectures.

As the chairman and medical director of his hospital’s emergency department he was called upon to address both professional and lay audiences, including the internationally-recognized American Academy of Emergency Medicine which honored him with the James A. Keaney leadership award in 2006. He has also been a featured speaker for the City College of San Francisco Adult Education program.

Sam’s love of travel began over forty years ago when he served for two years as a Peace Corps volunteer in the Republic of Korea. Photographs of his travels have been published. He has visited six of the world’s seven continents and his current destination topics include talks on Cuba, the Caribbean, Russia and the Baltic countries. He is a member of the Slavic National Honor Society and prior to retirement was a fellow of both the American Academy of Emergency Medicine and the American College of Emergency Physicians. His writings have been published in the emergency medicine literature. When he is not traveling and/or speaking he is expanding his repertoire of destination and enrichment presentations. 

He returned recently from speaking on the Celebrity Infinity and will be speaking next on Oceania Nautica August 24 - September 21.  And, Oceania Sirena November 6 - 21.  

Sounds fascinating, wouldn’t dare to hope he would be speaking on Celebrity Eclipse next year

52 minutes ago, Champagne Taste said:

We REALLY ENJOYED your DH's lectures on the recent TA

Found the first one re the world leaders, czars and STD etc fascinating.

Wished he had another 15-20 min more  on that one or a followup

Tried to get to all of his lectures. 

19 hours ago, Huskydo said:

Sounds fascinating, wouldn’t dare to hope he would be speaking on Celebrity Eclipse next year

At the moment, for 2020, he is booked to speak on 3 Viking cruises to Cuba in Jan/Feb.  He loves Celebrity and hopes they will book him for 2020.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Champagne Taste said:

At the moment, for 2020, he is booked to speak on 3 Viking cruises to Cuba in Jan/Feb.  He loves Celebrity and hopes they will book him for 2020.

Have him look at speaking on the Dublin to Boston sailing via Iceland and Greenland please.

• 10 months later...

Put me down as a potential or "future" Beyond the Podium speaker.  My first assignment was to be the Celebrity Millennium departing Tokyo on May 5.  A replacement cruise was going to be with RCI leaving Honolulu.  At this time I am assigned to the Celebrity Summit departing Cape Liberty, NJ on May 19 which still appears on the Celebrity website as a viable cruise.  With the news these days... I haven't begin packing just yet, but I am working on my talks in order to be ready.  Finally I am also assigned, again on the Summit, for a Panama Canal crossing in November of this year.

I picked an unusual year to start speaking on cruise ships!  :classic_laugh: