Will I make a 10:00 am flight from Black Falcon to BOS?

Debitoo

Depends on the day of the week, the airline, and the destination (International or Domestic).

Also depends on whether or not you dock on time, and how smoothly disembarkation works out.

Without stress? I'd say "NO", at least for me. But if you're one of those crazy, calm people, then "Maybe".

Are you flying F or J class and/or have elite status with the airline out of BOS to speed thru security, once your feet hit pavement outside the pier? Are you doing carry-ons only for your flight? It also depend on local traffic conditions on the morning of disembarkation ...

Returning from a cruise, you will need to have priority disembark & do the express walk-off with the luggages as offered by the ship, and hope that the ship docked early/on time & is cleared by authorities quickly to begin opening the gangway.

As a general rule having flown a million miles or so - I would say no, even if you are the stress-free type. Just pause for a moment, you need to be at the boarding gate by no later than 9:30 AM and if aren't checked in, you could lose your seat assignment - especially if it's a full or overbooked flight and it's a narrow-bodied/regional jet.

Do you have travel insurance under what if ... ? We would opt for and book a later flight unless that's the only departure of the day and/or it is an award flight - IMO as YMMV. Happy cruising & goooood luck - you will need plenty of it plus perfect timing of the unknown & unpredictable.

Thanks all. I was afraid y'all would suggest a later flight. Hopefully I can find one. I didn't want to sit around the airport for hours. It seems there are only early AM or late afternoon fights to SoCal. Any noon or after flights are very expensive. :mad:

I'd say it would be tight, but if your cruise arrives at 6am, you can do walkoff, and you get a cab rather than the SL2/SL1 bus to the airport, it's probably doable. Remember the cruise terminal and the airport are pretty close together -- almost as close as Fort Lauderdale. Yes, there's a tunnel under the harbor in the way, but I've never encountered traffic eastbound in the tunnel. (Westbound, yes, but not eastbound.)

Worst case, you invoke the 'flat tire rule' at the desk and land up on standby for the next flight.

I'd say it would be tight, but if your cruise arrives at 6am, you can do walkoff, and you get a cab rather than the SL2/SL1 bus to the airport, it's probably doable. Remember the cruise terminal and the airport are pretty close together -- almost as close as Fort Lauderdale. Yes, there's a tunnel under the harbor in the way, but I've never encountered traffic eastbound in the tunnel. (Westbound, yes, but not eastbound.)

Worst case, you invoke the 'flat tire rule' at the desk and land up on standby for the next flight.

With no guarantee that there will be seats available.

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

If it's price you are worried about, look at MHT and PVD. It might be worth renting a car and driving an hour to save $100 or more per ticket. Both are smaller and very easy airports.

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

Archived