Compare Dancing Opportunities S-Class and M-Class

IJustWantToGo36

Stick to the M class. On the s class you'll be dancing on the tiny dance floor in the atrium in front of Guest Relations.

Totally agree. We danced the least of any cruise on Reflection last month. Very disappointing as the Sky lounge had no live bands performing in the evenings.

Just got back from our first S class cruise (11 day in the Med on Equinox). We did have live music in the Sky Lounge which has a nice size dance floor, so we danced there. We also danced in front of Public Relations in the atrium a good bit. Also we danced in the Ensemble Lounge for a few numbers, even though there was no dance floor (the jazz band was that good!). There was a disco, but that never got hopping except for a brief while on Karaoke night.

I would say that the S class was not designed with a ballroom dancer in mind, and a larger atrium space would have been a good idea, but you still can find a good many opportunities to get out there. The ship is very beautiful, which more than makes up for it in my opinion.

On the Reflection there was a couple that probably practiced a dance routine for months and were dressed for it. They were in the Atrium and waited for the right moment and music. They got out on the floor to do their performance and were the only couple out there. They needed and used the whole dance floor. You would have though that they were auditioning to be on Dancing with the Stars. About 20 seconds into their "performance" many others decided to to dance. That couple was now cramped and gave a lot of dirty looks to those that had the audacity to be on the floor with them. They finally gave up and left.

It was comical the way that it happened. Even if the dance area was larger I don't think there would have been enough space for them and any other dancers. It seemed as if they wanted and needed the whole floor to themselves so they could put on a show.

.🎅

We are ballroom dancers.

We used to sail on Celebrity. Last cruise was in 2009 on Solstice.

Dancing was the pits.

A little ballroom in the Sky lounge, but band quickly reverted to tribal dancing.

We now sail Cunard with beautiful ships and great floors and bands and also the RCCL Radiance Class ships have great floors, though the bands are hit and miss.

Celebrity is not a dancers cruise line.

We have sailed, C, M and S class ships. M is the best for dancing, but it is still usually cramped and spotty.

To each their own. If it isn't important to you, then Celebrity is our favorite non-dancing line.

But to us it is important so we have moved on.

Check in here every year or so to see if things have changed. Doesn't appear so based on comments above.

A shame, it seems as ships get newer, dance floors get smaller.

Last time on Equinox, most dancing opportunities were in the atrium, and if you know S class, you know that's not much of a floor.

I'm sure that once in a while an S class would have the right band for dancing, and do lots of late night in the Sky Lounge, but you would have to be lucky.

Interested in ballroom dancing, but would like opinions of the differences between the 2 classes of ships.THANKS

I dance the same on either class of ships, terribly! :cool:

The worst thing Celebrity did on the S class was resorting to the atrium for special nights and dancing. A lot of people luv the 50's and 60's nights but in that atrium its a disaster. Those activities and ballroom dancing should be upstairs and even there the dance floor s/b a lot larger considering the ship's size. I hate to say it but in this regard Celebrity missed the boat.

We have danced on both the M and S class. We wouldn't go on an S class again because of the atrium dancing (especially challenging on formal nights with the photographer in the middle of the floor).

Dancing in the Rendez-Vous lounge on the M class is usually good. We were recently on the Summit and were very disappointed to find they had a rubber floor in the sky lounge. They actually had two nights when they featured music for ballroom dancing but it wasn't safe to dance on the rubber floor.

We were recently on the Summit and were very disappointed to find they had a rubber floor in the sky lounge. They actually had two nights when they featured music for ballroom dancing but it wasn't safe to dance on the rubber floor.

Sad to hear! We are dancers as well and will be on the Summit in January. Dancing isn't our primary motivation for the cruise. After busy port days, I don't know if we'll even have the energy. But now I know it may not even be an option. At least my expectations are set realistically now before we go. :(

Archived