Live from Pacific Dawn to PNG

bazzaw

Everybody is getting very excited - but also a little worried as to whether these new PNG ports will have sufficient infrastructure ( eg shuttle busses) to cope with us.

We have been told that this inaugural cruise is REAL BIG deal for the PNG locals and to expect a whole fleet of war canoes to meet our arrival :) They will never have seen a large cruise ship before nor 2000 white people in one place before and will be wanting to have a good look right UP CLOSE!!

Also looking forward to seeing them play Tobriand cricket - with up to 300 players per side!!

Sent from my T-17B using Forums mobile app

David

You had better update your track - we are moving on! 25 knot Easterly winds here - to much sea to lower the boats. This is good reason why cruising along the QLD coast will never amount too much. The ports are all too exposed to the open Pacific.

Oh well - back to the bar!!

Barry

Sent from my T-17B using Forums mobile app

Oh how disappointing to miss Townsville...its the place I regard as "home" spent many years there as a child. I dont understand the not being able to berth at the new terminal. The "supply" problem just doesn't make sense.

Anyway have a great cruise....wish I was with you but I will make do with Solstice tomorrow.

Sue

Archived