My husband lost his ID today and we fly out next Friday!

cruisecritiquer

Amazing and wonderful.

And kudos to the officers involved!

That's some special service ;-)

As someone else recently said, we thank YOU (OP) for your service.

And obviously you know how much they'd appreciate special thanks and feedback to their department.

(It's so easy to criticize bad service. We always try to give recognition to anyone who gives great service, especially when they go "above and beyond" what is expected.)

I can't put into words how much we appreciate the service of those like you, so that WE can enjoy so much of our own lives, including things just like these cruises.

We are both SO glad that this had a happy ending so that you can relax and KNOW that you'll have no troubles getting on the plane and on and off the ship at various ports.

HAVE A WONDERFUL VACATION.

And have a wonderful evening - you can relax a bit now, thank goodness :)

Oh, and have DH get that passport, so all 3 of you can dash off "wherever", and "whenever". Or just enjoy thinking about it :D

GeezerCouple

Congrats :D I am so happy for you both. There are still honest people out there!! Go have fun and bring the police back a gift :)

Great to know all ends well!

When you get to the suite, sack the butler and get your husband to do all the butlering and pampering - as a payback for losing the ID.

:D:D

P.S. on 2nd thoughts, don't sack the butler as he/she is the one bringing the food and replenishing the Lavazza coffee, etc.

Really glad to hear that everything turned out well. Good to keep things in perspective. But don't mitigate that you spent a few anxious days in panic mode. We all have been there and no one wants to worry about jeopardizing a planned and paid for cruise for the loss of a license. Fortunately, things turned better than could be expected. So, congrats and have a wonderful time. And kudos for the police officer that took the time to return the license. As they say, ....above the call of duty.

you guys will never believe this!

Cmpd (charlotte-mecklenburg) police dept just came to our house and guess what...they personally dropped off my husband's id card. He dropped it in the street near panther stadium.

Omg

thank you thank you thank you!

yay!!

Now to the topic at hand.....huge congrats on the whole issue you and your family had to deal with!

I hope this happy ending will make this cruise more special than ever (including the extras you have planned). :)

Have a GREAT time; safe and happy cruising to you.

We are following along with you ! When you go to the suite VIP party and meet Capt. Sverre Svodsnes (if he is your captain on this sailing) tell him Coka from cruiscritic says hello! Have a wonderful vacation!

coka

Edited by coka

We are following along with you ! When you go to the suite VIP party and meet Capt. Sverre Svodsnes (if he is your captain on this sailing) tell him Coka from cruiscritic says hello! Have a wonderful vacation!

coka

Will do! Thank you.

I am so jealous, we still have 21 days to wait. Have a great stress free cruise. I am green with jealousy :D

It will go by so fast. I can't believe we've waited since March. It went by much faster than I thought now that the time is here!

By the way, since DH has had his ID back from the CMPD, he hasn't been allowed to keep it. I told him he can have it back when he gets on the ship. LOL :p

We are at Hampton Inn & Suites, packed, fed, clean, and ready to embark! Leaving in 90 minutes for the port. Secret is still a secret but it's becoming downright painful to keep it! :D

EEEEeeeeeee!!!!! I can imagine how excited you are right now, and how difficult it is to keep this secret. I'm eagerly awaiting your post describing how and when the secret gets out, and what your DH's reaction is. :D

coka

My favorite Captain of all time. We fondly refer to him as "Captain Smashing!" Those who've had the pleasure of meeting him will understand that moniker. ;)