Friends of Alex

sawyer_boy

Has anyone else heard of this new group called friends of Alex? We had friends just get off the Eclipse and they were going on about this new group called "Friends of Alex" that meet up each evening at the Molecular bar at 5pm.

Checked on google, couple of local things and wikepedia said it doesn't exsist.

Edited by dkjretired

The full title should be Friends of Alexandra K. It indeed had an official blessing from Celebrity with an official signpost that appeared on the noticeboard. It was setup by Alex principally due to the older nature of the cruise clients. The group was intended to attract the younger cruise members, particularly those who enjoyed a molecular cocktail. The group met between 5pm and 6pm each night. The bartender was a young lady from Hungary called Barbara. She had a natural ability for numbers and making excellent cocktails. I'm sure Alex won't mind me posting her photograph. Alex is the one on the right.

Alex.JPG

The full title should be Friends of Alexandra K. It indeed had an official blessing from Celebrity with an official signpost that appeared on the noticeboard. It was setup by Alex principally due to the older nature of the cruise clients. The group was intended to attract the younger cruise members, particularly those who enjoyed a molecular cocktail. The group met between 5pm and 6pm each night. The bartender was a young lady from Hungary called Barbara. She had a natural ability for numbers and making excellent cocktails. I'm sure Alex won't mind me posting her photograph. Alex is the one on the right.

Alex.JPG

My guess stands corected. Alex is not a chap. Unfortunately I could attend since the "meeting"conflicts with the Elite Hour. Anyone can request a posting on the message board.

Ma Bell made the closest guess: Congrats:)

Edited by Orator

Sounds like a play on/parody of "Friends of Bill W," aka AA. Obviously, if held in the Molecular Bar, this group is probably geared towards those of an opposite inclination.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Sounds like a play on/parody of "Friends of Bill W," aka AA. Obviously, if held in the Molecular Bar, this group is probably geared towards those of an opposite inclination.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

On a recent Solstice cruise they had a Singles meet up advertised meeting everyday at the Molecular bar between 5pm and 6pm. I thought it may have been this until I read all the posts.:D

On my first cruise 12 years ago I was so clueless I thought "friends of Bill and Lois" was literally a private "party" for friends of cruisers named Bill and Lois.

When 'friends of Dorothy" appeared the connection was obvious to me.

I would like to christen a group "friends of crazy" for like minded cruisers :)

On a recent Solstice cruise they had a Singles meet up advertised meeting everyday at the Molecular bar between 5pm and 6pm. I thought it may have been this until I read all the posts.:D

Oops I didn't know that, I kept going there around that time because there were always fun people there! No wonder that guy I was chatting to looked annoyed when my husband showed up :D

Oops I didn't know that, I kept going there around that time because there were always fun people there! No wonder that guy I was chatting to looked annoyed when my husband showed up :D

LOL, that is so funny (now anyway). I noticed it on the billboard and also chatted to a single guy one night at select dining who told me that there were not many singles onboard.:D