FOS Table for Two

Paige6187

Good morning everyone! Question about FOS dining.

DBF and I are currently signed up for MTD on FOS next October (a long time away, I know)! We would only like to eat with one another, not at a big group table; however, it is my understanding that it is difficult to get two-top tables on FOS.

I understand that we can eat in the Windjammer and that wouldn't pose a problem for just eating with the two of us, but what about in the MDR?

Is it going to be difficult for DBF and I to get a table for two? Any suggestions on the best way to get reservations for tables for two each night?

DBF and I are currently signed up for MTD on FOS next October (a long time away, I know)! We would only like to eat with one another, not at a big group table; however, it is my understanding that it is difficult to get two-top tables on FOS.

I understand that we can eat in the Windjammer and that wouldn't pose a problem for just eating with the two of us, but what about in the MDR?

Is it going to be difficult for DBF and I to get a table for two? Any suggestions on the best way to get reservations for tables for two each night?

When you book your reservations for MTD you can request a table for 2. We have done this multiple times and have always gotten it. I don't think you will have a problem.

When you book your reservations for MTD you can request a table for 2. We have done this multiple times and have always gotten it. I don't think you will have a problem.

This is one of those replies I would say, from observation, is 90% correct. Strange things happen, particularly in the last few days before a cruise and employees sitting at computer terminals start making big changes. If I was you and wanted this, I would do as stated, then as soon as you get on board, check out where your table is and see if it was what you asked for.

That said, I'll give my reason why my own advice wasn't always accurate. When we boarded Jewel in 2012, I walked through just to see where our table was located. Once dinner arrived I went there and that table had a different number. We ended up at another just as nice table. I asked the waiter and he advised there was a last minute addtion requiring a wheel chair so they made that table, near an aisle available for them. FWIW

we had MTD on FOS in May and didn't request a table for two but were always given one. One evening, we were seated at a 4 top table and they moved us a table over so that a family of 4 could have that table. There were lots of two top tables in that area so i don't think there should be a problem. Just be sure to go to the dining area when you get on the ship and confirm that you would prefer a table for 2.

We had no trouble getting a table for two on FOS. We actually got the same table and waiters the 3 nights we ate in the MDR even though we didn't ask for them.

I will tell you what I do........I pay my tip ahead when I make my reservation, ask for MTDining and when I get on board I check in with the dining room (sometimes no one is there until 1PM. I tell them I want a table for two....if they say "not at the time"... I ask .... "What time can I get a table for two" They have yet to tell me I can't have one at some time around the time I want. I always arrive early and If I do not go to MDR I go down anyway and tell them I will not be there that night. As you can see we usually go on the same ship and we tip that person and take care of him and he seems to do the same for us.