Wait List Chances?

harryw

Do you care to give us a hint as to which cruise you are on?

Are you looking for a specific cabin level or willing to accept anything? One way to monitor availability is to go to the website and "look for a cruise". Just look for the one you want.

If you see that all levels are booked or have waiting lists, the odds probably aren't very good. If it's close to the sailing date, the odds probably are not good. If the cruise is a year off, who knows?

It's really hard to advise, at least in my opinion. Sometimes a particular cruise sells very quickly but another one with a similar itinerary does not.

It entirely depends on how long away your cruise is scheduled. If it's a year out and the ship isn't fully booked, you will likely make it. If it is a month from sailing it's just a matter of luck.

If you are looking at the O class ships [Marina and Riviera], Cat. C cabins are scarce - only 20 - and often are booked quickly. However, you can expect some people to cancel prior to final payment date.

First of all, I was told to be on a wait-list I had to put down a deposit? So I did and soon other offers began to come my way by emails, not for the cruise I had booked on but on somewhat similar itineraries - at first for late season sails (Nov.) but then came one for one next spring that was great. So I "jumped ship" and I am very happy with what was offered me. So my advice is cross your fingers and see what might be offered while you waiting. A note - I booked on the website, hopefully your TA will pass along the offers - you might want to be pro-active and let her know, you are willing to entertain other options, if indeed you are.

I'm definitely going to have a second cruise as a Plan B, but also will book cancel-able pre-cruise hotels for the wait list one, if I find a good deal, in case it comes through..there are other enticing alternate cruises, so I'm not really worried...

HARRY

• 2 weeks later...