First timer needs coffee.

The grouch

Good day everyone.

My wife and I are going on our first cruise on the Sea Princess to Fiji this November.

I have so many questions I don't know where to start, so I will ask this first.

Can we take a small kettle on board for our tea and coffee?

Good day everyone.

My wife and I are going on our first cruise on the Sea Princess to Fiji this November.

First they will probably confiscate your kettle when you board . They don't allow things like kettles on board because they are a possible fire hazard. Coffee is available from room service all day and night . The buffet area has coffee as well all day and night.

We always take a thermos and fill it in the buffet before bed so there is hot coffee in the morning without waiting for Room Service.

You can fill the thermos throughout the day so there will always be hot coffee in your room.

Good day everyone.

not allowed.

ask on the Princess board to see if the cabin you will be in has them already supplied. otherwise, you will need to order room service or schlep to the nearest drink station to pour your own.

I like to order a pot of tea in the afternoon and I noticed that on our last cruise the carafe said "Tea Water Only" on it. This had been an annoyance on previous cruises when the tea water tasted like coffee. Yay Princess for listening!:) On occasions that we order breakfast the coffee is never as hot as we would like it to be. Maybe they pre-pour carafes to expedite breakfast service?

DH is an early riser, so he usually goes to get coffee in the AM and brings me some. He loves his coffee card and finds that it's a good investment for him.

You couldn't take a kettle.

If you were particular and wanted to bring your own coffee you could take a coffee press or something like a Mellitta (sp) cup that holds a filter and one you pour hot water into.

Keith

Hi Keith.

We're not particular about coffee, but the stuff in the urn - pretty foul at the best of times - we find totally un-drinkable after it's stewed overnite in a thermos. So we always take our own instant coffee powder, steal the other requisites from the buffet, & fill the thermos with hot water from the tea urn.

I choose not to bring fresh coffee back to the cabin from a drinks station early-morning.

Not because I'm lazy, but because I'm not a pretty sight in my underwear & I don't want to frighten the crew :D

JB :)

You will find coffee available all the time in the buffet area. At least one of the coffee machines will be up and running. I'm up at 4am every day and have never had a problem getting a cup. Princess coffee gets more bad reviews than anything else about the line. The bulk stuff is made from a concentrate and many find it strong and bitter. Frankly it is really to my liking but I'm in a minority for sure. If you like fresh brewed or speciality coffee then the best option is to buy a coffee card. One punch for something special but as long as there is one or mor punches left on the card you can get all the fresh brewed stuff you want for free.

We always take a thermos and fill it in the buffet before bed so there is hot coffee in the morning without waiting for Room Service.

You can fill the thermos throughout the day so there will always be hot coffee in your room.

Good idea..............thanks for sharing:)

As an Aussie you may find the American style brewed coffee not to your liking, might be an idea to bring some instant that you like or coffee bags and just order hot water from room service or get some from the buffet area. I find the typical coffee onboard undrinkable but I'm used to either fresh plunger coffee at home or barista coffee from a cafe.

Hiya first timer, you are one lucky Aussie if this will be your first cruise! We have sailed thru the SPacific 3 times and it is a true paradise with lovely kind people...as far as the fresh coffee goes here's what we do....call room service early after you board...tell them you would like to put in a standing order for coffee for 2 to be delivered at 7am each day. The first time your room service steward brings it to you, give him a nice tip (we usually give him $2.US) and I promise you they will make sure you get it exactly the way you want it....Bon Voyage and you will love it there!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk