Halloween Cruise: Carnival Fascination Review & Pics-10/28/13 Sailing to LSC & Nassau

All4fun&fun4all

Ok, so NCTribefan has cracked the whip so let's get back to the review and walking (aka trying to find) Barefoot Beach

Keep walking. Giant slide is on your right. You need to continue past that

422_zps8176c0a1.jpg

A little farther

423_zps9def77d6.jpg

Seriously it's not that far and it's a pretty walk

424_zps660835a1.jpg

Squeeeee

425_zpsa1aac02e.jpg

Ohhhhh What does that sign say???

426_zps66a8fb2e.jpg

I made it!!!! And it's GORGEOUS!

427_zps62853221.jpg

There were a ton of lounger chairs open and available and some that were under little huts made from palm branches. I found a lounger that was under the shade of a tree and dropped all my belongings into the powdery sand.

429_zps2c1fbf9b.jpg

Then I looked up and took in my surroundings

428_zps88d0daeb.jpg

So quiet and so serene.

430_zps77f9a368.jpg

I couldnt wait to see how far out I could walk. It was shallow wayyyyyyyy out there

431_zps06cd5ac2.jpg

I cant wait to go back here

432_zps4b88e60a.jpg

435_zps4de3e202.jpg

Yep. Looking like I'll have to book 5/6 when I get back!

I'm not a swimmer, so having beautiful, shallow water like that is perfect for me!

Did I mention I'm trying an experiment? I always have the "next" cruise booked and I never, ever receive any promotional emails or calls. Nothing. So I'm actually going to cruise this weekend and when I get back I WON'T HAVE ANOTHER ONE BOOKED!

I'll probably have serious cruise withdrawal, but I want to see if Carnival makes any effort at all to lure me back. I mean, when you always have the next one booked, why should they?

I figure my resolve will dissolve in a couple of weeks and I'll book by Christmas! :p

Since I was there so early and I didnt recognize anyone from our group, I just spent some time walking in the water and just looking out at the horizon and was mesmerized by the water and the silence and how far out I could walk and it would still be only about knee deep

436_zps40b651ac.jpg

You wont need water shoes here but there are little dips in the sand where the current runs divits under the water. It's a little awkward to walk through but its soft sand.

After a few moments I recognized some of my group setting up in a lounger and I moved my stuff to mingle with theirs. I made a little cocktail (whipped vodka and monster energy drink...weird, I know) and Tanya, Tony, Nathan, Kelly and I all went back into the water. We sat and chatted and just enjoyed each other's company and our surroundings.

440_zps19f15438.jpg

Friends

441_zpsf0b5e0e7.jpg

442_zps9fd0c84a.jpg

You can see how deep the water here is by looking at Tony. We were quite a ways out too

443_zpsf0e5d83a.jpg

I dont normally like pictures of myself at all but this picture sums up "VACATION" for me

447_zpse7d041c0.jpg

The weather started to "turn" a little bit and we could see that there was a storm about to run through. If you know anything about the Bahamas, you know that these storms roll through and in 5 minutes, it's sunshiney again.

448_zps0c7ae41b.jpg

Is that rain over there?

449_zpsdd10b730.jpg

Yep, that's for sure rain

450_zpseb9af3ca.jpg

We went back to shore briefly to put our things in the boards directly underneath the palm branches on one of those huts. Reminder for next time to bring ziplocs for electronics that cannot get wet. I was able to borrow one for my iphone.

Shortly after that we headed back into the water.

This is how far out we were

453_zpsb3f7cd3d.jpg

Now, last year, I purchased a camera that is waterproof, shockproof, freeze proof and dust proof. Pretty much Nancy proof which is a good thing since I have killed 3 cameras in the last few years. I got it for Xmas last year and I still had been hesitant to dunk it into the water. But Tony was taking pics of the little fishies that were swimming by and I wanted to do it. But I was being a huge chicken about it. Finally, with Tony's encouragement to just do it already, I let out a yelp and stuck it into the water. EEEEEEK!!!

I got these pics so now you can see what the sand looks like under the water!

Seaweed here and there but not all over the place

458_zps9ea7e3e5.jpg

Oh a foot!

456_zpsd9ee0738.jpg

Fishies

459_zpsd3934d9b.jpg

Then another storm was about to roll through and I was getting hungry so I walked over to the grille area to see what was on the buffet, taking pictures along the way back. And video.

461_zps20565619.jpg

Argh! I cant get the video to publish. Meh, I will work on it later. Here are some pictures of my walk to the food area.

462_zpsf5412d01.jpg

463_zps06058c19.jpg

465_zpsd882e447.jpg

468_zps147bdb25.jpg

Yes! The food area!

473_zpsadcd50d7.jpg

They have all these various stations set up for you to pick what you would like to have

474_zpsc0f93748.jpg

But first, you need to go to the station that has plates, plasticware, napkins etc. I didnt know this so I walked up sans plate and was pointed in the direction of the plate shack.

478_zpse664eddc.jpg

After you have your plate, walk over to the burgers and hot dogs and tell them what you want. I got a cheeseburger and self served the jerk chicken. There is also a condiment station and a toppings area

476_zpseea5d7ca.jpg

Burgers and dogs and chicken oh my

475_zps0d35b45f.jpg

477_zpsf6695544.jpg

Edited by All4fun&fun4all

Hey! A picture of my food

481_zps46683684.jpg

And me enjoying it

482_zpseb52cb7f.jpg

I ran into Nikki and Glenda and joined them at their table to enjoy my meal. It was really pretty good. I was impressed. The jerk chicken was phenomenal. There was a bar waiter wandering among the tables and I ordered a Bahama Mama. They take your sail and sign card here which is pretty convenient.

I went in search of the straw market to purchase some souveniers for my boys and their girlfriends and a Xmas ornament for the tree. Oh, and a shot glass. I found a deal on tshirts, 3 for $15.00 and they were actually pretty quality t's. I found an ornament for $10.00 and a shot glass really cheap.

I wanted to also check out the area that most people flock to when they get off the tenders but mainly I wanted to swim again. I am such a rebel, swimming right after a meal like that.

Here are some pics of the area leading from the food over to the most popular area

484_zpsf3f87f06.jpg

485_zpsd899ff77.jpg

486_zps163e4364.jpg

I told you there were an obscene amount of pictures here right?

488_zps8eb7b68b.jpg

In this area there were people snorkeling and floating on mats. It seemed really claustrophobic in this little cove ish area. Almost like if I went underwater to swim, I would probably run into someone.

Oh hello there Mister Snorkeler

495_zpsb3dbdc95.jpg

I think you can see the people on mats and farther out you can see the lifeguard tower in the middle of the water. Out there is where you snorkel. It looked a bit rough for my swimming skill level

497_zpsb3b2f6d6.jpg

Still very pretty but I much preferred Barefoot Beach

498_zps912b526e.jpg

Windy. Oh, and there's the ship!

499_zps89078749.jpg

The ship!

500_zpsa5e94716.jpg

502_zpsdb0bcf93.jpg

510_zpsce69719e.jpg

Prententious artsy shot

511_zps8ad4bb50.jpg

Obligatory feet overlooking the blue water from a lounger shot

513_zpse7e2c4f1.jpg

Ok, now my pics are just getting weird. Looking up

517_zps9c74963a.jpg

It was now getting late in the day and the last tender was scheduled for 3pm. I think it was around 2:30 or so.

I passed the snorkel shack

520_zpsbc33e523.jpg

521_zps22271349.jpg

And I found the cabana where Valarie, John, Jennifer and Kyle were hanging out

523_zpsf1b2b217.jpg

They offered me some of their champagne and of course I couldnt say no. Poured it right in my carnival cup. Thanks guys

524_zps0eb77f9c.jpg

I am not sure if it's the same for this port everytime but when you are ready to head back to the tender you go through a little tent area to run your bags through instead of doing it when you board the ship. I sent my bag through and walked the short distance to board the tender.

I have a video of this too. I guess I will save videos til the end. We actually almost hit another tender as we were backing out.

579_zpsfb35540a.jpg

581_zps49d475bc.jpg

Tendering back....not quite as fun. At this point, camera battery was dead, Iphone was out of space and so no more pics of the ride back. Bummer

584_zps156d4901.jpg

I climbed the stairs up to my cabin to get a shower and recharge my camera. It was Halloween and I knew I would want plenty of camera power for the festivities ahead. Another reminder to self....purchase an extra battery and keep one charged fully at all times.

Oh, and real quick, here is a picture of Valarie and John on the tender back. I love the absolute joy in Valarie's face here and I wish I knew what I said that was so funny

587_zpsf5ca5fab.jpg

So, what was I for Halloween you ask? Well, I was a Carnival Cheerleader! It's sort of a play on words from here on CC because I am sure that some may consider me to be a Carnival fanatic, drinking the kool aid and what not.

The costume was Carnival colors and I was actually going to replace the word VARSITY with CARNIVAL but I realized I am not real crafty.

526_zps680c2129.jpg

I walked around the promenade area to take some pics of the decorations. The actual Halloween festivities for adults was not to happen until later.

Decorations

529_zps910e88dd.jpg

530_zps0071291f.jpg

531_zps29f88bba.jpg

533_zpsfc983ac3.jpg

I went up to lido briefly to have a look at the Cornhole competition. It's listed as a beanbag toss game in the Fun Times but in my town we call it cornhole. It's really not all that interesting to watch while onboard in my opinion.

548_zpsf81f6ccc.jpg

I stopped at the lido bar for a moment

549_zps3b5d1354.jpg

And had Witch's Brew. It tasted like cough syrup. Blegh

551_zps56926ad4.jpg

And Cholada (?) said "Hey pom pom girl!" so I asked if she wanted to take a pic with my pom poms....Yes of course

550_zps1d56cdaa.jpg

Oh and here is a picture of the weird lighting at Beverly Hills Bar where the martini tasting was

554_zpsbf3031df.jpg

And I rounded a corner and found the conference room that I had always seen on deck maps but never found.

553_zps519a1a06.jpg

Okie dokie, you guys want to see the variety of costumes? The next few posts will be dedicated solely to costumes.

Here are Valarie and John (Hippies)

545_zpsd62df5c5.jpg

Jester and King

558_zps5a45c25d.jpg

This group was an entire Hobo Wedding Party

559_zps321786c9.jpg

560_zps7ed5a1a4.jpg

Staff members handing out candy by the elevators

561_zpsf7f0ceea.jpg

Witch and Handyman

562_zps686de8d9.jpg

I want to say the guy in the spiderman costume is actually a staff member. This child was simply in awe! Spiderman came up and talked to him for a moment. It was magical

619_zpsfcb03a57.jpg

This is Venice. She is also a staff member

620_zpsa323a34e.jpg

Various

643_zps1eddb86e.jpg

It's the Bacon Police! LMAO

644_zps98b331ad.jpg

Sunflower

645_zps54e86f53.jpg

Fortune Teller

646_zps7816e7dd.jpg

Venice and another staff member

695_zps64a70f9c.jpg

Along with balloons one of my biggest fears are clowns. I cant believe I took this picture. He and his whole family were "Fast Food" each one representing a different fast food chain

704_zpsc2c3d9a8.jpg

Adam and Eve....Adam is in the bathrobe

692_zps1b393186.jpg

Flo and Mayhem

703_zps835c075a.jpg

This fairy came by and sprinkled our tooth fairy with something and said something slurry. It was funny

705_zps2326f139.jpg

Tanya and Tony (Bumblebee and Blue Screen of Death)

726_zpse0969620.jpg

That's all I got as far as individual shots but there will be more costumes you can see in the group shots from the party and costume contest