Same 'ole itineraries....

Lyncoya

Why doesn't Carnival shake things up a bit as far as ports are concerned? I love the Carnival product, but am so tired of the same 'ole itineraries.

I'm thinking of booking the Southern Caribbean cruise from PR for the THIRD time.

Has anyone tried RC out of PR? One of there ships that leave from PR stops in Aruba.

What kind of itinerary would you like to see?

You can cruise CCL from FL that goes to Aruba.:)

Bill

I've been pricing the Breeze. Right now, it's so pricey though. I believe that's the only Carnival ship that goes to Aruba.

My perfect cruise would go to HMC, Roatan, Grand Cayman & St Maarten. :)

Port stops are based on suitability for ship anchorage, safety of passengers once in the port, and appropriate activities offered when ashore. If you're weary of the Carribean, sail out of the West Coast and enjoy ports available from there (Alaska is fabulous).

Why doesn't Carnival shake things up a bit as far as ports are concerned? I love the Carnival product, but am so tired of the same 'ole itineraries.

I'm thinking of booking the Southern Caribbean cruise from PR for the THIRD time.

Has anyone tried RC out of PR? One of there ships that leave from PR stops in Aruba.

I've done RC Adventure/Serenade/Brilliance out of PR. Loved the ships and Itinerary. Would be nice to have more Carnival ships sail out of PR.

Maybe it's time to cruise Europe! For us, it meant cruising less often, but it was so worth every penny!

We are going on the Breeze over Christmas. It was about $250 more per person, but we will be going to four ports we've never been to yet.

I know what you mean. As much fun as Cozumel or St, Thomas is, I want to see the rest of the world!

I've been pricing the Breeze. Right now, it's so pricey though. I believe that's the only Carnival ship that goes to Aruba.

this will never be an option for any cruiseline with 7 days. The Caribbean, is pretty limited for distance. I also find a crappy port, usually included in most sailings. But these are some of the bargains of cruising. I don't sail the Caribbean much anymore, unless they give it away, which they do.

There are so many other places to go. I go to Hawaii, Europe and Alaska every year. Bermuda- I did go to again this year. Australia and New Zealand are spectacular, so is South America. The Panama Canal- again I only go with a deep discount- if great for the transit day- most of the rest of the ports are of little interest to me.

So= expand your places you sail. If you want to only limit yourself to the Caribbean, then you are going to have to accept the limits of "east" and "west" and go separately to both.

I hate to break it to you but any of the cruises that go to Aruba are around the same price. If you wanted to go with RCL you would have to fly to San Juan.

I agree with you on shaking up the ports. What I don't understand as well, is why there are SO many ships going to the exact same places! RC for example, has the same itineraries for both the Allure and the Oasis. Why is that?! I suppose they are filling the ship, so it doesn't matter to them, but I would think it would make sense to have those similar ships do different things.

Bit hard to do that unless you go for more than 7 nights.

But you could do back to back itineraries (7 night Western and a 7 night Eastern) and you'll be able to cover all of those ports and more.

I agree with others. It may be time to branch out to other cruise lines or another regions of the world.

I agree with you on shaking up the ports. What I don't understand as well, is why there are SO many ships going to the exact same places! RC for example, has the same itineraries for both the Allure and the Oasis. Why is that?! I suppose they are filling the ship, so it doesn't matter to them, but I would think it would make sense to have those similar ships do different things.

Due to their size those two ships are quite limited on where they can dock.

RC for example, has the same itineraries for both the Allure and the Oasis. Why is that?!

In Oasis/Allure's case, it's because currently only a limited number of ports can handle ships that size. They don't go to tender ports either (eliminating ports like Belize, Grand Cayman or even their own private island, Coco Cay). Oasis/Allure can't even go to more popular ports like San Juan. They just don't fit. :(

With that said, another reason why you don't see better ports is simply because the ship IS the destination. This generation of ships focuses more on the actual ship and not the itinerary. We sailed on the Allure and, literally, we spent maybe 2 hours ashore in Falmouth, 5 hours ashore in Cozumel, and about 5 hours ashore in Labadee. So out of 7 days, we spent about 12 hours off the ship. There was so much to do on the ship, that we had to eliminate things from our "to do list" before we had to be rushed to the Emergency Room for exhaustion. :o

And Royal is not the only one creating destination cruise ships. The trend for bigger, more innovative, activity filled ships is being followed by most major, mass-market cruise lines. Carnival's newest ships have elements from this trend, but they have some catching up to do (after recycling and tweaking the same ship design since the Destiny was built 17 years ago).

This is our problem: we live in Upstate NY and my husband refuses to fly! This makes it difficult to find different itineraries because we are limited on what ports we can use. I have started looking at different cruise lines but the prices seems higher to me and that makes it difficult with this family of 5. We are going to Nassau/Freeport for the 2nd time!

This is our problem: we live in Upstate NY and my husband refuses to fly! This makes it difficult to find different itineraries because we are limited on what ports we can use. I have started looking at different cruise lines but the prices seems higher to me and that makes it difficult with this family of 5. We are going to Nassau/Freeport for the 2nd time!

I'm a reluctant flyer too and it does limit my sailing choices.

I don't consider them high priced. I was just pointing out that most of the ships going to Aruba are about the same price. As u can see my countdown is on the breeze going to Aruba. I can't wait.

It's been a while since we have cruised to Aruba. Carnival could use a little more imagination (creativity, not the ship) in port scheduling.

It certainly does limit your options from the northeast. If you have the time, Carnival is experimenting with one ways to and from San Juan next year. It would offer a little different footprint if you did a back to back. Have you tried drugs?;)

Edited by jimbo5544

It certainly does limit your options from the northeast. If you have the time, Carnival is experimenting with one ways to and from San Juan next year. It would offer a little different footprint if you did a back to back. Have you tried drugs?;)

I saw the cruise to San Juan and was very interested in it. I will work on him...LOL

I will be glad when they finally allow tourists in Cuba and then that can be added in as a port. I would really like to go there when it is first opened up before it becomes commercialized and like another Cozumel. Due to it's location it would be a perfect port for most of the Caribbean itineraries.

Why not shake things up for yourself and try a cruiseline that offers an itinerary you want? I would never limit myself to a certain itinerary because of cruiseline loyalty. Try RCL if you want something different. You may end up loving their product too.