Same 'ole itineraries....

Lyncoya

JMO: I don't care where they go, as long as they DON'T go to Nassau or Freeport! I've been to one or the other on every cruise, and there's only so much you can do at either port.

If you would Cozumel to your list, you would eliminate abot 80% of Carnival Caribbean cruises.:eek:

Freedom is about $100 cheaper. Depends on when tou want to go.

Of course it depends on when one wants to go...it depends on cabin category too. The timeframe I've been researching is Nov/Dec 2014. Aft wrap on Freedom can be had for $2840. Breeze- $3421. OS Freedom- $3130, Breeze- $4272(ouch!). 8D balcony Freedom- $2230, Breeze- $2811. All those rates Nov 2014 sailings

I will be glad when they finally allow tourists in Cuba and then that can be added in as a port. I would really like to go there when it is first opened up before it becomes commercialized and like another Cozumel. Due to it's location it would be a perfect port for most of the Caribbean itineraries.

Cuba is already pretty commercialized. Remember, the rest of the world goes to Cuba. It's only Americans that are (legally) prohibited from going to Cuba, although quite a few Americans go anyway.

I am not so much reluctant to fly as I am cheap :D I can drive to Galveston and do the same stuff over and over or pay way more to fly somewhere and try new itineraries. For now I will drive and just hope they keep bringing new ships our way to change things up in that way.

I'm a reluctant flyer too and it does limit my sailing choices.

Right, just how far do you think a ship can sail from NY in a week? Ships can only cover so much ground - er, sea - in the time given. It's not like they can suddenly sprout wings and move you 500 miles in about 3 hours.

Do people even stop to think about these things? :confused:

One reason why repo cruises are so good - you can get to many other ports because you aren't spending 1/2 your time RETURNING to your embarkation city! So you usually get a different mix and have sea days thrown in as well.

One week from now, I'll be in San Juan, doing some sightseeing before I board for my 8-night Conquest repo (very reasonable price, very reasonable air for 2 1-way flights, great itinerary).

Why doesn't Carnival shake things up a bit as far as ports are concerned? I love the Carnival product, but am so tired of the same 'ole itineraries.

I'm thinking of booking the Southern Caribbean cruise from PR for the THIRD time.

Has anyone tried RC out of PR? One of there ships that leave from PR stops in Aruba.

I was on the Serenade OTS out of PR in 2008. However, that cruise did not stop in Aruba.

I was on the Carnival Miracle in 2011 out of Ft. Lauderdale. That cruise did go to Aruba. I'm looking forward to going there again in 2014 on the Explorer of the Seas out of New Jersey.

Nonetheless, your point is well taken. Carnival seems to go to all the popular ports that I have been to many times already (I'm platinum on Carnival). That is one of the reasons my next three cruises are on Royal Caribbean. Each of the three cruises will make at least one stop at a port that I have not been to before. Also, I like to take cruises that last longer than one week. Two of the three cruises are ten nights and fourteen nights.

Edited by Cuizer2

I hate to break it to you but any of the cruises that go to Aruba are around the same price. If you wanted to go with RCL you would have to fly to San Juan.

There are cruises that go to Aruba that leave out of Florida. I was on the Carnival Miracle in 2011 that left out of Fort Lauderdale that went to Aruba. Either Princess or HAL goes to Aruba out of Florida. The next time I'm in Aruba will be on the Explorer of the Seas out of New Jersey.

We have been to Nassau 3 times, HMC 5 times, St Thomas 4 times, and Cozumel 5 times and going back again next year. I would love some new itineraries. Maybe Martinique, Barbados, Grenada, St. Croix, Progresso, Costa Rica, Cartenga, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Bermuda, and more ships to St. Marten and Costa Maya again.

Another thing I would love to see is a Coastal Eastern itinerary, just like the Western with NY, Boston, New Port, Baltimore, Charleston, Port Canaveral Etc.

When John Heald asked about longer itineraries I jumped at the chance to give my 2 cents worth. We would love some 9, 10, and 11 day cruises so we can see some of these places.

I was on the Serenade OTS out of PR in 2008. However, that cruise did not stop in Aruba.

I was on the Carnival Miracle in 2011 out of Ft. Lauderdale. That cruise did go to Aruba. I'm looking forward to going there again in 2014 on the Explorer of the Seas out of New Jersey.

Nonetheless, your point is well taken. Carnival seems to go to all the popular ports that I have been to many times already (I'm platinum on Carnival). That is one of the reasons my next three cruises are on Royal Caribbean. Each of the three cruises will make at least one stop at a port that I have not been to before. Also, I like to take cruises that last longer than one week. Two of the three cruises are ten nights and fourteen nights.

Lucky lucky you!!! I wanna be like you when I grow up. Enjoy your cruises. :)

Cuba is already pretty commercialized. Remember, the rest of the world goes to Cuba. It's only Americans that are (legally) prohibited from going to Cuba, although quite a few Americans go anyway.

I am quite aware of that and have friends that have traveled there recently. Once it opens up to cruise ships though it will change.

Another thing I would love to see is a Coastal Eastern itinerary, just like the Western with NY, Boston, New Port, Baltimore, Charleston, Port Canaveral Etc.

The ship must make at least one port stop in a foreign port.

There are cruises that go to Aruba that leave out of Florida. I was on the Carnival Miracle in 2011 that left out of Fort Lauderdale that went to Aruba. Either Princess or HAL goes to Aruba out of Florida. The next time I'm in Aruba will be on the Explorer of the Seas out of New Jersey.

The Miracle home port now is LA. So it won't be going there any time soon.