Sugar Free Cocktails allowed

pamrose228

So I am a diabetic and love my fruity cocktails but cannot drink the mixes with all the sugar. I buy a sugar free cocktail mix prepackaged (like the flavor drinks you put in a water bottle). Love the cosmos, appletini and margarita ones. Will I have an issue bringing these on board (they are boxed, packages of 8, powder form) and will a bartender mix them or should I just ask for straight up vodka and mix myself. TIA

No problem at all we bring our sugar free mixes all the time.

Sounds like you have it planned out... I have found the sugar free drink mixes popping up all over the place, even walley world had the cosmo, appletini, and others in the drink isle.

I just prefer vodka, diet 7-up, and a splash of Mio Black Cherry Energy.

Im going to try a sugar free lemon drop on the Sunshine using sf lemon-aid mix and the powdered splenda around the rim of the shot glass.

There are so many flavors out there, I think the shelves now are several sections long in some stores.

Edited by Aeeo

I have friends that have dozens of Crystal Light packages in their purses! When you go to dinner or to the bar you just order a glass of water and a shot of vodka. Take a sip of water, pour in the shot, pour in the Crystal Light, stir. And off you go!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
No problem at all we bring our sugar free mixes all the time.

Ordered 2 bottles from Bajabob pina colada mix and mai tai mix. They only make these liquid mixes in 32oz bottles. Will I be allowed to carry them on or should I put them in my luggage.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

wow.. I'm not diabetic, but I really appreciate all these suggestions for sugar free mixes! I always hate that I'm drinking my calories on a cruise (since I rarely drink otherwise) and 2 or 3 (or 4 or 5) really can add up fast!

Off to scout out some of these before this weekend!

I just bought two crystal light squeezy bottles at Stop & Shop - 1 strawberry lemonade and 1 mango passion fruit! These are my two favorite Crystal Light flavors and the fact that they are liquid makes life SO much easier than the powder. I drink vodka, seltzer, and a squeeze of Crystal Light. Sugar free and deeeeelicious! :D

Laura

My doc just put me on Metformin a couple months ago for type 2 and I'm always looking for ways to cut carbs. I never thought to make a cocktail out of those flavored sugar free squirt bottles. I'm now trying Crystal Light Pomtini with a little vodka. I'm going to order some Go Cocktail tomorrow and give that a try too.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I got the Go Cocktails in Cosmos, Lemon Drop, and Appletini....they are actually very good. I think they are better than Crystal Light. I will definitely be ordering more for my 22 night cruise to Australia next year on the Legend.

• Thanks 1

I got the Go Cocktails in Cosmos, Lemon Drop, and Appletini....they are actually very good. I think they are better than Crystal Light. I will definitely be ordering more for my 22 night cruise to Australia next year on the Legend.

Try Baha Bob's also at bajabob.com

A lot more interesting flavors both the bottled ones and powdered ones.;)

Not gonna lie, it's about $60, however, you control how much goes into a drink. DH and I shared a bottle in February on a 5-day cruise and still had left-over..

You weren't trying very hard. A liter should make 20 normal pour drinks.

where did you hear that it turns into pure glucose? My endo told me differently. Said that occasional drinks are acceptable. I only drink on vacation or social situations.

This is true; Vodka, whiskey, bourbon, etc have zero carbs. You can drink it straight and may have an adverse affect on blood sugar - like lowering it. Wine lowers my blood sugar - dry wine. For me walking 1 hour a day keeps my blood sugars in check along with a lo-carb diet. Bring your own mix on board so you are assured of getting sugar-free.

Try Baha Bob's also at bajabob.com

A lot more interesting flavors both the bottled ones and powdered ones.;)

Yes, I have tried his before....I went a little overboard, and got too many bottles, and they sat around, so I eventually tossed them. I may get the mudslide packets though, and doctor them up a bit.

It has been a few years since I checked his sight, so I'm sure he has some new flavors..maybe

Debbie

My doc just put me on Metformin a couple months ago for type 2 and I'm always looking for ways to cut carbs. I never thought to make a cocktail out of those flavored sugar free squirt bottles. I'm now trying Crystal Light Pomtini with a little vodka. I'm going to order some Go Cocktail tomorrow and give that a try too.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Be careful while on metformin and drinking alcohol it can cause lactic acidosis, I am not sure of the spelling but it can be fatal. I just read the sheet they give you at the pharmacy with the prescription so I am going to be calling to get on a different med.

Edited by cruisin4fun323

Be careful while on metformin and drinking alcohol it can cause lactic acidosis, I am not sure of the spelling but it can be fatal. I just read the sheet they give you at the pharmacy with the prescription so I am going to be calling to get on a different med.

After looking at the mixes I wonder if the bartender can make the frozen drinks and trade out the same amount of water for the juices and then just add the milo or other sugar free powder to see how it tastes. I may have to try that before we go.

• 8 years later...
56 minutes ago, countryfan2001 said:

I was wondering if I'm allowed to bring a sealed bottle of a sugar free/ calorie free mixer n sealed bottle of rum? I'd like to bring a blender to mix my own cocktails unless they sell that type of alcohol 🍸 🍹🍷

Welcome to Cruise Critic! Jenice answered as to the rum and the blender. I've read that even 'bullet' single-serve blenders are confiscated.

As far as the SF mixer, it might be OK or maybe not -- it seems that bottles are being discouraged on Carnival as well as HAL (a subsidiary). Soft drinks and even water for examples, must now be in cans. Don't know what sort of mixer (what type of drink) interests you, but look into Margaritaville's SF packet drinks: Strawberry Daiquiri, Pina Colada, or (lime) Margarita which is like a Mojito if made with rum.

• Like 1