Hi RuthC

Barrheadlass

Hi! I'm leaving today for Rome for my TA on the Prinsendam back to FLL.

Am anxiously awaiting your postings from your O TA...will be you posting from the ship? You will be doing an extensive comparison, right? We're on O,for the first time, on the Riviera, for the spring TA Miami to Barcelona, and really looking forward to your thoughts. Have a wonderful time!

Janet, practically your neighbor, in SE MA.

Hey, neighbor. Have a safe trip to Rome, and a great cruise on such a pretty little ship. I'll be about a week or so behind you, so it will be a while yet before I get home.

I don't intend to post from the ship, as Oceania Internet rates are even higher than HAL's. :eek: But yes, I do intend to do a report once I get back. I don't know what I'll find, but expect it will be lovely, and HAL traditionalists will want to read about it.

Perhaps it really is an alternative for those who say they would rather pay more to cruise the way HAL used to be.

. Ruth a lot of us will be waiting for your report.Have a wonderful cruise.

Thanks, Carol. But everyone needs to be patient---I still have over a week before I sail, then I have to actually take the cruise, get home, unpacked.... Well, you all know the drill: it takes a while to get the thoughts to the CC screen.

Ruth,

I will read your report with much interest ... whenever you post it. I love Rome (was privileged to live there for a few months, long ago, and have visited often). And, I would like to read your thoughts about Oceania.

Even better -- tell me more in person, on Amsterdam, next August! :D

Dave

I was really, really hoping that you might do a bit of a review. Very interested in what you think, how HAL and Oceania compare in your very experienced opinion.

Hope you have a wonderful time and can find a speical cool place on deck to sit out and enjoy the view, the wind and the seas!

Hope you have a wonderful time and can find a speical cool place on deck to sit out and enjoy the view, the wind and the seas!

I have a porch! :)

There were no inside cabins available, or even outsides, when I booked. I went on the waiting list for an outside, and booked a balcony cabin, in the hopes of finding a roomie as I couldn't afford the balcony cabin solo. Lo and behold, someone who reads CC saw that I posted I was looking to share, contacted me, and we agreed to bunk together.

So I have a porch!!! :D :D :D

There were no inside cabins available, or even outsides, when I booked. I went on the waiting list for an outside, and booked a balcony cabin, in the hopes of finding a roomie as I couldn't afford the balcony cabin solo. Lo and behold, someone who reads CC saw that I posted I was looking to share, contacted me, and we agreed to bunk together.

Well, how great is that?? What a perfect set-up for you for a TA!

And a great way to try a new line.

This will be an exciting cruise!

Sounds like fun!

Hey, neighbor. Have a safe trip to Rome, and a great cruise on such a pretty little ship. I'll be about a week or so behind you, so it will be a while yet before I get home.

I don't intend to post from the ship, as Oceania Internet rates are even higher than HAL's. :eek: But yes, I do intend to do a report once I get back. I don't know what I'll find, but expect it will be lovely, and HAL traditionalists will want to read about it.

Perhaps it really is an alternative for those who say they would rather pay more to cruise the way HAL used to be.

The chocolate is plentiful, and it's real chocolate with lots of flavor. The flour less chocolate cake in the MDR and the chocolate milkshake at waves are not to be missed. Looking forward to your thoughts. ENJOY!