Premium Oceanview on Lido Deck

lindabaz

Has anyone stayed in a Premium Oceanview stateroom (there are 6 on the Grand Princess, 3 on each side in front of the Lido deck's Pizzaria and Grill) ? They appear larger than other ov"s and, looking at the diagram, possibly have floor to ceiling wndows. Thanks for any info!

Thanks, I just upgraded to this category- TA checked with Princess, and room is larger (206 sf) than standard oceanview plus floor to ceiling windows- basically a balcony cabin, except the balcony space is "indoors". I can't find photos anywhere- will just be surprised when we arrive!

Thanks, I just upgraded to this category- TA checked with Princess, and room is larger (206 sf) than standard oceanview plus floor to ceiling windows- basically a balcony cabin, except the balcony space is "indoors". I can't find photos anywhere- will just be surprised when we arrive!

WOW, we too just booked these cabins in our 9/14/14 Alaska cruise. I have searched high and low and have not been able to find a photo...odd, but as you say,we will simply be surprised. As another poster said, just imagine a balcony sliding glass door that doesn't open and no balcony. When are you going??

Congratulations, these cabins are one of the well kept secrets of the GP. this is the only Princess ship with these accomodations. The entrance to the room is from a separate anteroom/hallway that can be entered from the hallway near the elevator bank or at the end exiting directly adjacent to the Lido deck double doorway. This anteroom entrance is shared by 3 of these premium oceanview cabins and 1 huge (702 sq. ft.) suite. The anteroom hallway is more private and quieter than the usual direct entry a main hallway. I recommend either the cabin adjacent to the suite or the center cabin. The one at the end and closest to the Lido entrance picks up just a bit of daytime music and MUT from the big sound system.

Although the Princess website depicts these as having the standard oceanview layout, these are actually unique and are equipped with a bit of extra furniture to help fill all of the open space. Sometimes an armchair and floor lamp, and sometimes a small sofa/loveseat along with a larger elliptical shaped glass topped table.

Enjoy if you can them. They are often booked a year in advance on when the GP us deployed to an exotic or especially desirable destination.

Edited by TRauppius

If you're talking about the Grand, we stayed in the Grand Suite right next door to these prem. OV cabins. The lady next to us was a very, very heavy smoker and always had her door open so I could see clearly into her cabin. They really are more spacious than the average balcony cabin.

You have your own private hallway of sorts shared with these 3 cabins and the Grand Suite. It's really private and quiet and you don't hear the foot traffic out in the hallway.

The windows are amazing! We had them in our bedroom portion of our suite and the bed was right by them. The view was just incredible. I loved laying in bed and watching the stars sail by at night. If you can live without a balcony, these cabins are really unique and nice!

You definitely get more motion and creaking of the ship up there, but the good side is the close proximity to the pizza (or hamburgers/hot dogs/bratwurst on the other side of the ship). I think my son wore out the carpet between the pizza and our suite!

One negative was that we had the jogging track above us so that was a bit disconcerting at times. You'd hear "pound, pound, pound" then it would disappear, then come back. It was usually during the mid-day and didn't last too long though so it didn't bother us too much.

If you don't mind more ship movement, then go for this location! :)

Great cabin ...better then a balcony for Alaska ..it can be to cold out side

Floor to ceiling windows...you feel like your out side...we were up graded to this cabin from a OV outside.....we were next door to the suite cabin L303 9/7/13 to Alaska.... We were on a b2b we had to move out the 2nd 10 days to emerald 502...... Bummer.....

If you're talking about the Grand, we stayed in the Grand Suite right next door to these prem. OV cabins. The lady next to us was a very, very heavy smoker and always had her door open so I could see clearly into her cabin. They really are more spacious than the average balcony cabin.

You have your own private hallway of sorts shared with these 3 cabins and the Grand Suite. It's really private and quiet and you don't hear the foot traffic out in the hallway.

The windows are amazing! We had them in our bedroom portion of our suite and the bed was right by them. The view was just incredible. I loved laying in bed and watching the stars sail by at night. If you can live without a balcony, these cabins are really unique and nice!

You definitely get more motion and creaking of the ship up there, but the good side is the close proximity to the pizza (or hamburgers/hot dogs/bratwurst on the other side of the ship). I think my son wore out the carpet between the pizza and our suite!

One negative was that we had the jogging track above us so that was a bit disconcerting at times. You'd hear "pound, pound, pound" then it would disappear, then come back. It was usually during the mid-day and didn't last too long though so it didn't bother us too much.

Thanks for your post...sorry about your next door cabin smoker... but glad you could see in the cabin!! Hope no one will be jogging on our 9/14 Alaska cruise :D

I thought that it was against Princess Policy to smoke in your stateroom and that you could be fined and removed from the ship at the next port. How did the lady get away with this?

Tom:)