Coffee Pots?

TXRed

A coffeemaker with an automatic shutoff will not be confiscated. TXred, you got the same info directly from Princess, so need not listen to the posters who really don't know.

I brew my Starbucks in my cabin every morning, and have been doing so for well over ten years. I also use Via during the day and some evenings in the dining room or HC.

I bought a small single travel mug brewer for less than $20 at Target (black and decker). It has no hot plate and only brews the one cup and turns off. Just used it on my 10 day CB cruise with no problems. Was so nice to flip the switch in the morning and not have to go search for coffee. I did buy the coffee card but the coffee in the IC tasted the same to me as the buffet and that was never the case on previous cruises. Just my opinion. Get a cheap one and carry it on.

A coffeemaker with an automatic shutoff will not be confiscated. TXred, you got the same info directly from Princess, so need not listen to the posters who really don't know.

I brew my Starbucks in my cabin every morning, and have been doing so for well over ten years. I also use Via during the day and some evenings in the dining room or HC.

thanks Pia, that's a relief..just when I think I know something someone says something different and then I start questioning myself. We were always able to take our peculator on RCCL, but since this is our first Princess cruise I thought I should check. Much appreciated!!;)

I bought a small single travel mug brewer for less than $20 at Target (black and decker). It has no hot plate and only brews the one cup and turns off. Just used it on my 10 day CB cruise with no problems. Was so nice to flip the switch in the morning and not have to go search for coffee. I did buy the coffee card but the coffee in the IC tasted the same to me as the buffet and that was never the case on previous cruises. Just my opinion. Get a cheap one and carry it on.

thanks dcrow, I shall!!

I called Princess and they said there were no restrictions as long as it it a 110V- with automatic shut off. It could be subject to an inspection to ensure it meets those standards. Just tell them you have it so it doesn't look as though you are try to pull something over them. YIPPEE!!!:D

Ok, you just made my day and answered the question I was going to ask. I was dreading wandering all over the ship at 5 am looking for my caffene fix.

I'm like you, gotta have my coffee first thing in the AM as soon as my eyes are open. Thanks! Now I'm going to Amazon to buy a one-cupper. Now I can have my Timmies! :D

Ok, now I do have a question... what about cream for my coffee? I don't like milk in coffee.

Edited by gouligann

Ok, you just made my day and answered the question I was going to ask. I was dreading wandering all over the ship at 5 am looking for my caffene fix.

I'm like you, gotta have my coffee first thing in the AM as soon as my eyes are open. Thanks! Now I'm going to Amazon to buy a one-cupper. Now I can have my Timmies! :D

Ok, now I do have a question... what about cream for my coffee? I don't like milk in coffee.

I drink mine black. Have been trying to persuade hubby for years that it's the only way to go. He doesn't buy it. :D

Cream? Take a small glass or cup, fill it in Horizon Ct. and keep it in your fridge.

Sounds like the same one we just got from Amazon. $16.20, and free shipping if your order totals more than $35. Husband tested it out - the water actually comes out hotter than our Mr. Coffee coffeemaker. He'll be bringing his Peet's coffee along, and some instant hot chocolate packets!:)

I order extra cream with room service breakfast and keep it in the fridge.

We had with us with auto shut off ability kettle on princess criuse back in 2011. It didn't get taken away. :) and we are planning to take it with us next year in May on our Alaska cruise with grand princess

So good to know...it seems as long it is 110 volt and has an automatic shutoff, it is acceptable. Thanks

Would we each have to get a coffee card? Is there a limit on the amount per card? We are not fancy coffee drinkers, just plain old good coffee.

At home we grind the beans fresh for each pot so we are kind of coffee snobs but not ridiculously so. I've only cruised twice. On Sea Princess the coffee was pretty bad but drinkable. On Star Princess I drank the regular coffee with no issues. I bought a coffee card for my wife in case the regular coffee turned out to be bad and also so she could have specialty coffees, hot chocolate, etc. You may well find that quality of the regular coffee is not the issue that others have made it out to be.

As for each of you purchasing a card... There is a lot of discussion and disagreement about that. To me, a coffee card is for the person who purchased it. It doesn't seem right to me to purchase one card and then procure fresh-brewed coffee for everybody on your deck. Other people say that they bought the dang card and they will do whatever they want with it because, by golly, they are cruising and Princess owes them.

With the coffee card you have two types of usage. Specialty coffee drinks require that the card be punched. When all the punch spots have been used you no longer get "free" specialty drinks. Since you are using punches for those drinks I can't see any reason you shouldn't share them with anybody you like. When it comes to the fresh-brewed coffee it really seems to me that the card is intended to be used to procure coffee for the card holder and not for anybody else.

Will the staff at IC balk at giving you two coffees to take back to your room? I would say the chances are about 99.9999999999999999999999 to 1 against them saying anything at all. They will fill two cups for you without a second thought.

had no problem getting 2 coffees at the IC with one card. I think it's rather ridiculous that you have to pay for decent coffee to begin with, but go with the flow. Get cream in a coffee mug at the buffet and keep in your fridge; same with sugar. No problem. I'll always bring my little travel mug brewer for that "first cup" in the morning.

[quote name='Thrak']At home we grind the beans fresh for each pot so we are kind of coffee snobs but not ridiculously so. I've only cruised twice. On Sea Princess the coffee was pretty bad but drinkable. On Star Princess I drank the regular coffee with no issues. I bought a coffee card for my wife in case the regular coffee turned out to be bad and also so she could have specialty coffees, hot chocolate, etc. You may well find that quality of the regular coffee is not the issue that others have made it out to be.

As for each of you purchasing a card... There is a lot of discussion and disagreement about that. To me, a coffee card is for the person who purchased it. It doesn't seem right to me to purchase one card and then procure fresh-brewed coffee for everybody on your deck. Other people say that they bought the dang card and they will do whatever they want with it because, by golly, they are cruising and Princess owes them.

With the coffee card you have two types of usage. Specialty coffee drinks require that the card be punched. When all the punch spots have been used you no longer get "free" specialty drinks. Since you are using punches for those drinks I can't see any reason you shouldn't share them with anybody you like. When it comes to the fresh-brewed coffee it really seems to me that the card is intended to be used to procure coffee for the card holder and not for anybody else.

Will the staff at IC balk at giving you two coffees to take back to your room? [COLOR="Red"][B]I would say the chances are about 99.9999999999999999999999 to 1 against them saying anything at all. They will fill two cups for you without a second thought[/B][/COLOR].[/QUOTE]

Not always. We were just on the Royal for 30 days and many times they asked for the 2nd card. I had two, so no problem. It all depends on how busy they are and who is dispensing.

I picked up the Bodum mini kettle to bring on our next cruise and its travelling in my carry on. I'm glad to hear that I shouldn't have to fight to the death to get it onboard. ;)

I can't deal with mediocre tea for another TA. Maybe this time, I'll find time to do afternoon tea, too.:o

When my DH realized that I was serious about bringing the kettle, he went out and got a travel french press so he can have a decent coffee in our stateroom before heading to breakfast.

[quote name='Thrak']At home we grind the beans fresh for each pot so we are kind of coffee snobs but not ridiculously so. [I've only cruised twice. On Sea Princess the coffee was pretty bad but drinkable. On Star Princess I drank the regular coffee with no issues. I bought a coffee card for my wife in case the regular coffee turned out to be bad and also so she could have specialty coffees, hot chocolate, etc. You may well find that quality of the regular coffee is not the issue that others have made it out to be. I don't want to take a chance....
As for each of you purchasing a card... There is a lot of discussion and disagreement about that. To me, a coffee card is for the person who purchased it. It doesn't seem right to me to purchase one card and then procure fresh-brewed coffee for everybody on your deck... Other people say that they bought the dang card and they will do whatever they want with it because, by golly, they are cruising and Princess owes them.

Will the staff at IC balk at giving you two coffees to take back to your room? I would say the chances are about 99.9999999999999999999999 to 1 against them saying anything at all. They will fill two cups for you without a second thought.

[B]I am simply going to take my chances and take my coffee pot....I see no reason to pay 30.00 each or between us to get freshly brewed coffee. We are not interested in fancy coffee drinks...just good coffee[/B]

[quote name='Shogun']Hi There

Sabatini breakfast will allow you a range of real coffee,

Those on the Royal also have concierge lounge,

plenty of good coffee on Princess if you know were to look,

Adagio bar can order coffee from Sabatini

yours Shogun[/QUOTE

I was not aware that Sabatini's coffee was real. We have purchased a coffee card in the past for our early morning coffee but our next trip is a back to back which means purchasing one card for each trip. I think we will go with a coffee maker for our early morning coffee and try out Sabatini's real coffee.

Sharon

[quote name='SeaLaRae'][quote name='Shogun']Hi There

Sabatini breakfast will allow you a range of real coffee,

Those on the Royal also have concierge lounge,

plenty of good coffee on Princess if you know were to look,

Adagio bar can order coffee from Sabatini

yours Shogun[/QUOTE

I was not aware that Sabatini's coffee was real. We have purchased a coffee card in the past for our early morning coffee but our next trip is a back to back which means purchasing one card for each trip. I think we will go with a coffee maker for our early morning coffee and try out Sabatini's real coffee.

Sharon[/QUOTE]
The coffee machines in the HC on the Royal use ground coffee & not from concentrate.

[quote name='SeaLaRae'][QUOTE=Shogun;40632966

n[/QUOTE

Sharon[/QUOTE]

One coffee card will do it for a B2B. Are you on the Royal? Their regular coffee is better than the other ships, because as Astro said, they are using beans. Not the best, but better than concentrate. I still prefer my own in the AM followed by Via or an Americano.

[quote name='TXRed'][B]I am simply going to take my chances and take my coffee pot....I see no reason to pay 30.00 each or between us to get freshly brewed coffee. We are not interested in fancy coffee drinks...just good coffee[/B][/QUOTE]Please don't. The biggest safety issue on a ship is fire. That is the reason why coffee pots are not allowed. Yes, the chances are slim but stating that you plan to ignore safety measures is somewhat irresponsible. Remember, Princess reads these boards.

TXred

If you want to be removed from the ship then take your chance

Been on board when a passenger was removed for smoking in her cabin OK she tripped the smoke alarms

But those breaking safety rules is one thing that Princess like to make examples off

Yours Shogun

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app