Philippines Typhoon

gbenjo

With this catastrophic typhoon in the Philippines, we lucky cruisers should spare a thought for all those wonderful happy smiling ( hello Sir Graham) Philippino cabin stewards and dining room staff etc who go such a long way to making our cruises so enjoyable, who may have family or loved ones affected, or worse, by the typhoon.

Imagine being stuck in the middle of the ocean somewhere not knowing if they are safe or not with no way of being able to do anything except wait and see. I hope and pray their families are all safe but with so many of them working on cruise ships all over the world I fear the worst for some of them.

please let me add my thoughts and best wishes also. On our recent Voyager cruise our cabin attendent Vincent and Asst Waiter Ryann as well as many other staff we met were from the Philippines. One can only hope their families and friends are ok.

I have been to the Philippines a number of times on business and have made a number of friends there. I have sent my best wishes to them via email & have had some replies. They have reported they are not so affected as they are mostly in the Manilla region, which was mostly spared, but that they are in tears watching the coverage on TV from the affected areas.

Best wishes to all Filipinos at this time.