LIVE from Allure of the Seas, sailing November 17th!

Thanks for the heads-up. Do you know if they will measure you when you get there or if you have to provide measurements before hand?

I believe that if you want to order on the website, you need to provide measurements. Otherwise you can order when you get on board, however there's a chance they might run out of some items in your size.

Chris, was the food at Hilton Rose Hall ordered from a menu, or buffet style? Isn't it all inclusive, food and drinks??

Thanks for all your effort and time, especially on the slow wifi connection. Loving the review and photos!!:D Tell Tom and Wendy, "Hi!", and hope Tom's toe is better!

The food is off a menu except for Fresh, which we didn't get a chance to try. You can go to any of the restaurants that are on the list they give you, as often as you want. And drinks are also included.

Good morning friends and welcome to day five of LIVE from Allure of the Seas!

We are passing just to the north of Grand Cayman on our way to Cozumel. I have Giovanni's for lunch with Wendy and Tom joining me and then the Prohibition Event tonight at 10:30! I may just post a few pictures of that(due to the still slower than slow wi fi :rolleyes:) and then start a thread on that when I get back home.

Grand Cayman from my balcony this morning

DSC_0517_zps120f9ee6.jpg

Chris, thank you for a lovely live review with great photos. I'm sure it's taken a lot of time and effort on your part with the slow wifi to do such a great job. It is appreciated!

Question about Rose Hall excursion: are there more return options than the 5pm one? What time was the all aboard? What is the earliest time you can get there?

I ask because I'd like to stay there as long as possible, but I also am one of those people who is slightly paranoid about missing the ship, and I like to be back at least 60 (if not 90) minutes before!

Thanks again, and hope you enjoy a wonderful day in Grand Cayman!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the Allure Itinerary includes Grand Cayman; they're just passing by.

You are correct, since Grand Cayman is a tender port, Oasis and Allure do not regularly stop there.

Chris...Question please....

On Labadee where was the buffet lunch served if you had a cabana on Nellie's beach? Did you go to Barefoot beach or elsewhere?

BILL

Yep you still get the buffet if you are at Neille's Beach and we did indeed get the same one as those at Barefoot Beach got

Chris, thank you for a lovely live review with great photos. I'm sure it's taken a lot of time and effort on your part with the slow wifi to do such a great job. It is appreciated!

Question about Rose Hall excursion: are there more return options than the 5pm one? What time was the all aboard? What is the earliest time you can get there?

I ask because I'd like to stay there as long as possible, but I also am one of those people who is slightly paranoid about missing the ship, and I like to be back at least 60 (if not 90) minutes before!

Thanks again, and hope you enjoy a wonderful day in Grand Cayman!

5 pm is the set return time. You will not miss the ship because we got back in 20 minutes after leaving the Hilton. The all aboard was at 6:15, the earliest time you can get to the Hilton is 11:30 am because they don't depart the port till between 11-11:15

Hello friends! I apologize but the wi fi is just being ridiculously slow. If there was a supposed upgrade to the wi fi on Allure, I have yet to see it. I am just expressing some personal frustration as I try to deliver the best review I possibly can and this slow wi fi has not helped. I can only hope there will be some improvement tomorrow.

Dinner was at Johnny Rockets this evening

DSC_0505_zps5a57c35c.jpg

DSC_0506_zpsc96e48de.jpg

An art display was taking place near the Comedy Club

How was Johnny Rockets? I'll be on the Independence in 2 1/2 weeks and I'm hesitant only because, I've been to the real Johnnie Rockets years ago down at Union Station, and I remembered not being terribly impressed. I may just hit this place for lunch on the first day if its open to avoid the Windjammer.

How was Johnny Rockets? I'll be on the Independence in 2 1/2 weeks and I'm hesitant only because, I've been to the real Johnnie Rockets years ago down at Union Station, and I remembered not being terribly impressed. I may just hit this place for lunch on the first day if its open to avoid the Windjammer.

I really like Johnny Rockets. I have dined there only on Oasis and Allure and in my personal opinion, I think it's very good.

Do you know how much this photo made me smile!!!!!!!!! It's about time we got one with the men in it. :)

That's my favorite shot so far....I also take a lot of backward photos....just so wistful. My favorite shot of my grandkids has them both sitting backwards on a bench when they were toddlers...so cute! Make you wonder..."just what were they thinking"!

I'm sorry if this was already posted but with the drink package do you have some sort of sticker or emblem on your seapass card letting the bar tenders know that you have the package? I'm just curious if you have to let them know each time you get a drink (from a different venue, obviously if you get multiple drinks at one place I would assume they would remember!)

Thanks! Really enjoying your review. I was having withdrawals yesterday when you were out enjoying yourself all day and didn't post until yesterday evening. How dare you enjoy your vacation and keep us hanging! :D

I'm sorry if this was already posted but with the drink package do you have some sort of sticker or emblem on your seapass card letting the bar tenders know that you have the package? I'm just curious if you have to let them know each time you get a drink (from a different venue, obviously if you get multiple drinks at one place I would assume they would remember!)

Thanks! Really enjoying your review. I was having withdrawals yesterday when you were out enjoying yourself all day and didn't post until yesterday evening. How dare you enjoy your vacation and keep us hanging! :D

You get a nice VIP drink sticker like this on your sail & side card.

null_zps8493c955.jpg

Happy drinking. Bugsy & I just enjoying a couple drinks right now at the boardwalk bar compliments of our bar package. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - Please excuse any errors.