When do bags arrive at the cabin?

I was just wondering if anyone knows how they deliver luggage to the cabins on embarkation day. Do they go deck by deck, starting from the top most deck and work their way down or do they start from bottom up or is it all random?

Do they store our bags after somewhere until our cabin is ready before they deliver the bags?

Just trying to guess around what time we will get our bags delivered to our cabin. It's not an issue what time we get it but would be nice to know approx when we can expect our bags. :)

I was just wondering if anyone knows how they deliver luggage to the cabins on embarkation day. Do they go deck by deck, starting from the top most deck and work their way down or do they start from bottom up or is it all random?

Do they store our bags after somewhere until our cabin is ready before they deliver the bags?

Just trying to guess around what time we will get our bags delivered to our cabin. It's not an issue what time we get it but would be nice to know approx when we can expect our bags. :)

We usually get ours between 5 and 6 PM. :D

It varies cruise to cruise, but many times we get our bags before muster. Sometimes bags might come a bit later, and once we didn't get them until 9pm or so.

RCI doesn't store your bags... At times they have been in our cabin at other times they have been in the hallway outside our cabin door....This varies greatly..as does the time...

We have been the first onboard at times and have had our luggage inside our cabin when the cabins were first made available..So it doesn't seem to co-inside with the first on last to get your luggage theory...

RCI is very organized with their delivery....but not sure many of us have the specifics of that system.

We've had ours delivered prior to getting to our cabin....and then we've had to wait until around 10 pm for one of our bags....it varies!

The bags are put into large containers....if yours happen to be on the bottom, then they will be later! Make sure you hand carry anything of value, and anything you must have prior to bedtime! And...make sure your bags are LOCKED.....never leave your stuff out of your possession without being locked! Even if there is nothing to steal...no one has the right to go thru your stuff.

Edited by cb at sea

You never know.

This past May, we were on the Allure by 11:30am and the cabins were ready at 1pm. We went directly to our cabin at 1:00 and all our bags were in the hallway next to our cabin door already. Had we waited just a little while longer, the room steward would've had them in the room.

Except for our first cruise where my husbands suitcase arrived sometime between going to the show and getting back to our cabin around 10:30 PM, rest of time we have had ours by 3 PM in time to unpack before Muster, but never can tell. This is main reason we pack a 3 day supply in our carry ons including a couple nights of evening wear.

Summary of posts so far:

No set time. Could be 2pm, could be 10pm, but likely will arrive between 2-4 pm (assuming a ~4-5pm departure time)

I will admit, I am semi-nervous (only slightly) until all our bags have arrived.

Typically we've received our bags either right before or after muster. Rarely do they show up later than 6. What I've noticed lately (out of Miami or PEV) bags accumulating on the correct decks by the elevator. Therefore many passengers are picking up their own bags and carrying them back. I've only seen this the past year which makes me wonder if the staff is doing this on purpose. It is easier for them to wait for pax to pick them up.

Please be careful with your belongings. My last cruise on the Allure in Fort Lauderdale my video camera was missing from my checked bags. Any valuable belongings you have (jewelry, electronics.. ) carry on.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

I wonder if the Diamond status on the luggage tags really does expedite the process. Since becoming diamond (6 cruises ago) our luggage has been waiting for us at the cabin door when we got there every time. We usually arrive at the port at 10:30, on the ship before 11:30, and to our room at 1:00.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, please excuse all the typos.

I wonder if the Diamond status on the luggage tags really does expedite the process. Since becoming diamond (6 cruises ago) our luggage has been waiting for us at the cabin door when we got there every time. We usually arrive at the port at 10:30, on the ship before 11:30, and to our room at 1:00. .

The C&A status on our tags has not seemed to make a difference in our case. Maybe your early arrival is helping?

I wonder if the Diamond status on the luggage tags really does expedite the process. Since becoming diamond (6 cruises ago) our luggage has been waiting for us at the cabin door when we got there every time. We usually arrive at the port at 10:30, on the ship before 11:30, and to our room at 1:00.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, please excuse all the typos.

Certainly hasn't made a difference in when we receive our luggage and we always arrive early and are first on the ship.:D

Edited by cruisenfever