Tell me Your FAVORITE Carnival memory?

firstcruiseever

So my favorite is when we were dining in the steakhouse....

We are being all romantic and serious and all of a sudden this guy comes by the window and jumps down on the ground and starts doing pushups. Then he gets up and lights a cigarette. We are already laughing at this point because he is looking into the reflection of the windows and cannot see us, but we can see him. After a few drags he tries to throw the cigarette overboard and it just gets blown right back on the ship. At this point me, DH and the waitress are all laughing so hard we can hardly breathe. He then proceeds to chase his cigarette in front of our window and down the deck. :eek::eek:

Now tell me yours!!

Winning the twist and hula hoop contest on our very first cruise with our favorite band, The Fabulous Hubcaps. That was on the Fantasy in May of 1992............we are still friends and are working the door for them next Saturday, a benefit for Jerry's Kids:D That cruise was the time of our lives!!

We are being all romantic and serious and all of a sudden this guy comes by the window and jumps down on the ground and starts doing pushups. Then he gets up and lights a cigarette. We are already laughing at this point because he is looking into the reflection of the windows and cannot see us, but we can see him.

After a few drags he tries to throw the cigarette overboard and it just gets blown right back on the ship.

At this point me, DH and the waitress are all laughing so hard we can hardly breathe. He then proceeds to chase his cigarette in front of our window and down the deck.

Trying to start an on board fire, huh?

That was clever of him.

This is precisely how Star Princess burnt, offshore Jamaica some years ago.

You laughed: I would have called Security!

Edited by Aplmac

My favorite memories are from back when the funnel deck was adults only for a reason and the balconies were dark at night.

But of those stories that can be actually told, it would have to be when my 2 year old son and I went for pictures and then dinner in matching tuxes.

Watching DH get picked to go up on the stage for a little "contest". It was him and another woman. They had to put a quarter between their buttcheeks, and drop it in the cup. The woman went first and got 5 in. DH's shorts were the cargo/baggy style, and he struggled. I had TEARS in my eyes laughing. He only got 2.:(:( But he still walked away with a medal. Funny that people recognized him on the remainder of our cruise. He was humiliated, that GOD forbid, he was beat by a woman!!! HA!!!:D:D

Watching DH get picked to go up on the stage for a little "contest". It was him and another woman. They had to put a quarter between their buttcheeks, and drop it in the cup. The woman went first and got 5 in. DH's shorts were the cargo/baggy style, and he struggled. I had TEARS in my eyes laughing. He only got 2.:(:( But he still walked away with a medal. Funny that people recognized him on the remainder of our cruise. He was humiliated, that GOD forbid, he was beat by a woman!!! HA!!!:D:D

It was probably a good thing she won. Wouldn't want to be known as "that guy that's really good at holding quarters with his butt." ;)

My favorite moment is from our first cruise on the Conquest. I wish I had a camera ready when we first stepped onboard and walked into the atrium. My daughter's expression was priceless as she looked around and then up. That started her love of cruising.:)

Back in 1980 being served a gourmet meal from a water...his hot plate to yours he is gloved ad white suit Epirotiki lime and again in 1991 or 2 on Costa Riviera...i had studied in Europe so could enjoy most difference and we dined and waters had tome and really served you...ans it was unbeleiveable sauces, souffles, meats, pasta, moussaka..Italian and Greek beautiful food..caviar on night..always soups ..fruit and puree..long relaxing talk to table mates affairs....that and just being on deck talking forever with the group about all the history of holy land Jerusalem and Cairo going there on the sea on the water!!!!..fabulous...Sarah

WOOPS..just notice particular to Carnival...well with 8 years before the last one which was on Princess getting on Paradise early June in Long Beach. Waiters that remembered your name and saved your wine..great service for a 12 top and a little more crowded dining room..seeing the water from this silly window in the spa and watching forever after being pampered,,,,sarah

Edited by sjn911

Back in 1980 being served a gourmet meal from a water...his hot plate to yours he is gloved ad white suit Epirotiki lime and again in 1991 or 2 on Costa Riviera...i had studied in Europe so could enjoy most difference and we dined and waters had tome and really served you...ans it was unbeleiveable sauces, souffles, meats, pasta, moussaka..Italian and Greek beautiful food..caviar on night..always soups ..fruit and puree..long relaxing talk to table mates affairs....that and just being on deck talking forever with the group about all the history of holy land Jerusalem and Cairo going there on the sea on the water!!!!..fabulous...Sarah

WOOPS..just notice particular to Carnival...well with 8 years before the last one which was on Princess getting on Paradise early June in Long Beach. Waiters that remembered your name and saved your wine..great service for a 12 top and a little more crowded dining room..seeing the water from this silly window in the spa and watching forever after being pampered,,,,sarah

???....lol

We are being all romantic and serious and all of a sudden this guy comes by the window and jumps down on the ground and starts doing pushups. Then he gets up and lights a cigarette. We are already laughing at this point because he is looking into the reflection of the windows and cannot see us, but we can see him. After a few drags he tries to throw the cigarette overboard and it just gets blown right back on the ship. At this point me, DH and the waitress are all laughing so hard we can hardly breathe. He then proceeds to chase his cigarette in front of our window and down the deck. :eek::eek:

Now tell me yours!!

A perfect day spent at Half Moon Cay with family. We had a cabana and played great beach music all afternoon. The bar service was attentive. We splashed around in the water playing on our blue float mats. The weather was perfect. Eating the jerk chicken. Soaking up rays. I could see the ship floating out beyond the beach creating a beautiful picture beyond the turquoise water and white sand. It was a perfect day in paradise and one that I will never forget. I have great memories of that day.

Love this thread.

When my husband and I got married on the Carnival Imagination in April! It was our first Carnival cruise and the first time traveling with family and friends. We had a blast! It was so much fun sharing our love of cruising with them and getting married at our favorite place - a cruise ship!

Typed with my thumbs on a tablet

My favorite would have to be on my Valor cruise a few years ago, my DH and I got back on board the ship early in Cozumel and the ship was almost empty. We hopped in the hot tub for a moment and then went and settled in some deck chairs. A waiter came by and we ordered a couple pina coladas. We sat there drinking our drinks in the warm sun, feet up and relaxed. We looked at each other and at almost the same moment said "this is vacation".

1986 my first cruise on the Carnivale. sailing with my husband of one year & my brother & sister..by chance meeting someone older who went to the same small H.S. we did & singing the school song loudly on the Lido deck.

My other one is my now late husband playing volleyball on the top deck of the Holiday and hitting the ball over board! Fortunately all our nice new friends we just met on board chipped in to pay Carnival for the missing volleyball!