Interesting new option to Europe for one-way fares

scottbee

I took a quick look at the pricing (from Ottawa) and it's currently about $200 cheaper than any other option. Unfortunately the routing via St John's is rather painful (from Ottawa anyway).

I'm sure it will be a popular route but I'm not sure how it will help if your final destination is somewhere else in Europe.

I took a quick look at the pricing (from Ottawa) and it's currently about $200 cheaper than any other option. Unfortunately the routing via St John's is rather painful (from Ottawa anyway).
Not that much. You have to fly from YOW to somewhere (usually YYZ). The jog to YYT only adds an extra 100 miles to the routing.
I'm sure it will be a popular route but I'm not sure how it will help if your final destination is somewhere else in Europe.
First thought is that it provides easy access to the Aer Lingus network at DUB, which provides a "lower cost" alternative without the draconian rules of Ryanair et al. But, if you fit the Ryanair profile, you also now have access to their network too.

We have had a few good one way fares from Toronto. Last year, on British Airways we snagged a one way to Rome from Toronto on short notice for $540 (early Oct). But it was not on the BA website...we bought it on line from a big on line agency. We assumed it was a consolidator ticket.

The year before we did a one way on Transat from Toronto-Porto for $268. We booked this well in advance. The flights on the days previous and after were considerably more expensive. Spent a week in Porto area and then got a $100. TAP flight to Rome. My understanding is that you can also get good one ways from Icelandair. Not certain about Ottawa.

Edited by iancal

Westjet is quite fine. However, their code is not WJ. It is WS.

Now, if you want to fly Air Labrador, that one is WJ.

Thank you..it was just a quick question and just using a simple abbreviation..didn't want to look up the carrier code..but will now make a mental note of it...I know nothing about WS (:)) but have them under consideration since they're the same price for my May 30th LAX-YVR that AC is...Any details you might offer vs the two ?..This will be an economy seat purchase for my family of 5 adults and one infant (17mos) haven't decided to purchase him a seat and use the CARES system. or lap him.

Edited by Ashland