Rumors about January C&A changes

Karter

I thought I read people around here on cc saying they get one free coffee at one of the lower levels, at least when there were coupon books. Patti should know. She has the lists.

It is buy one get one. I am one of those that don't like to have to buy something in order to get something. We are talking a cup of coffee. RCI can't just give you one? They still have to make something off of you? The least they could do is activate the coupon when you buy the first one and then let you get the second when you are in the mood for it. The same goes for the BOGO drink coupon and Johnny Rocket's milkshake. If no one else wants one then you are supposed to walk around twin fisting it?

Also odd, emerald members only have to buy one coffee to get the second. Diamond members have to buy dinner in a specialty restaurant to get a cup of coffee. Great deal.

Edited by Ocean Boy

Is the Celebrity website only partially updated? It doesn't show the new levels but Elite and Classic show cruise point requirements and and Select still shows credit requirements. Elite shows 300 - 749 points. :eek: It would appear that some pinnacle members won't even qualify for Elite Plus. Just how many points does one need for Zenith? I haven't explored the Celebrity site and don't even want to. Does anyone know the point requirements or have a link?

Gina

They have pulled it off - it was been going live and then not live all day.

3000 is Zenith - or 100 cruise credits under the old system x 30"points"

750 is Elite Plus - or 25 cruise credits under the old system x 30 points

300 is Elite - or 10 cruise credits under the old system x 30 points.

As shown earlier, Zenith benefits featured access to the Michael's Club Concierge Lounge. Elite Plus only mentioned a happy hour.

The big question is for Zenith, Elite Plus and the equivalent Pinnacle and Diamond Plus on RCL, do the two brands want to offer reciprocity - which if Elite Plus doesn't receive a concierge lounge, but RCL Diamond Plus do, may cause an inundation of Celebrity Cruises coming to RCL. I hope for the top levels that they do not offer reciprocity - it dilutes the benefits in the long term for both loyalty programs.

It is buy one get one. I am one of those that don't like to have to buy something in order to get something. We are talking a cup of coffee. RCI can't just give you one? They still have to make something off of you? The least they could do is activate the coupon when you buy the first one and then let you get the second when you are in the mood for it. The same goes for the BOGO drink coupon and Johnny Rocket's milkshake. If no one else wants one then you are supposed to walk around twin fisting it?

Also odd, emerald members only have to buy one coffee to get the second. Diamond members have to buy dinner in a specialty restaurant to get a cup of coffee. Great deal.

Yes, I got the BOGO figured out as you probably read by now. That's a good idea you have about at least being able to get the second coffee later.

It doesn't seem like that long ago when we used to get the free cocktail coupon. Or we could chose a coke or bottle of water instead. I sure don't remember that one being a BOGO. Or was it? :confused: I really don't remember for sure.

Gina

Yes, I got the BOGO figured out as you probably read by now. That's a good idea you have about at least being able to get the second coffee later.

It doesn't seem like that long ago when we used to get the free cocktail coupon. Or we could chose a coke or bottle of water instead. I sure don't remember that one being a BOGO. Or was it? :confused: I really don't remember for sure.

Gina

We used to have a coupon for a free beverage some years ago. :)

Is the Celebrity website only partially updated? It doesn't show the new levels but Elite and Classic show cruise point requirements and and Select still shows credit requirements. Elite shows 300 - 749 points. :eek: It would appear that some pinnacle members won't even qualify for Elite Plus. Just how many points does one need for Zenith? I haven't explored the Celebrity site and don't even want to. Does anyone know the point requirements or have a link?

Gina

I found this over at Celebrity:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=40742284&postcount=265

and this;

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=40740941&postcount=9

Edited by Debde

Just out of curiosity how do people feel about suite guests who have been on maybe one or two cruises getting more benefits than diamond members?

Simple. For the suite guests they are paying for the amenities and it is therefore a part of their contract. Much the same as if you paid for a First Class ticket on an aircraft. The loyalty scheme is a concession that (according to the terms of membership) may be discontinued at any time. It provides access to some of the amenities that the suite guests are paying for, and you are not.

When the time comes that the suite guests are being deprived of access to their paid amenities by virtue of the number of "loyalty" guests being granted concessionary access, then it becomes a problem. Clearly that situation is becoming more and more prevalent.

Suite guests (unless they are Diamond level or above, do not have any access to the specific diamond lounges, so in that respect you might argue that they do not have more benefits. If an airline or a cruise line devalues the benefits or a premium rate product, then that benefit is no longer perceived as one, and it becomes much harder to sell the product at the highest rate.

Don't know if this has been discussed yet or not - couldn't find it by searching. We just returned from a cruise on the Freedom of the Seas and there was a lot of discussion in the concierge lounge about an announcement in January involving the C&A levels. I have heard the speculation on a new level between D+ and Pinnacle but the rumors suggested that the levels required to enter the diamond and concierge lounge would be changing also. Evidently there are just too many diamonds (over 650 on some cruises in December) to adequately serve in the venues available. I also know they are experimenting with coupons you can use at any bar so maybe that is the solution.

Does anybody have any real information on what is planned?

Hi all,

For what it's worth, I've checked with Cruise Critic's PR contact over at Royal Caribbean regarding the original post, and this is what he had to say:

Hi Ashley,

I can weigh in on the Crown & Anchor Society rumor. The rumor is indeed just that. There are no plans for any new tiers to the program and no plans to change the access of the member lounges in the very near future.

With best regards,

Harry

Have a good day!

Hi all,

For what it's worth, I've checked with Cruise Critic's PR contact over at Royal Caribbean regarding the original post, and this is what he had to say:

Hi Ashley,

I can weigh in on the Crown & Anchor Society rumor. The rumor is indeed just that. There are no plans for any new tiers to the program and no plans to change the access of the member lounges in the very near future.

With best regards,

Harry

Have a good day!

Thanks Ashley!!!

Some ships still have a Special Area designated for Diamond/Diamond Plus for breakfast.

There was never a coupon available for a free coffee from Cafe Lattetudes.:confused: Here is the Current On Board Ultimate Value Coupons by C&A Level that I know has probably changed since they went electronic.

Yeah, there was, maybe in v.10 and earlier (I'm making up that number) of the coupon books. When they changed them a couple of years ago, the free coffee became free only in the specialty restaurants.

They have pulled it off - it was been going live and then not live all day.

3000 is Zenith - or 100 cruise credits under the old system x 30"points"

750 is Elite Plus - or 25 cruise credits under the old system x 30 points

300 is Elite - or 10 cruise credits under the old system x 30 points.

As shown earlier, Zenith benefits featured access to the Michael's Club Concierge Lounge. Elite Plus only mentioned a happy hour.

The big question is for Zenith, Elite Plus and the equivalent Pinnacle and Diamond Plus on RCL, do the two brands want to offer reciprocity - which if Elite Plus doesn't receive a concierge lounge, but RCL Diamond Plus do, may cause an inundation of Celebrity Cruises coming to RCL. I hope for the top levels that they do not offer reciprocity - it dilutes the benefits in the long term for both loyalty programs.

I can't imagine that very many E+ would cross over to RCI just for CL benefits. Nor do I see many Pinnacles being enticed to X for a CL. It's hard for most people to step outside of their comfort zones.

And, Harry's response to Ashley only talked about no changes being made in "the very near future," hardly a comfort, I would say. What does he mean - before year-end?

Edited by critterchick

Thanks Debde. So from the first link it looks like the following:

Elite (Diamond) gets the Captains Club Happy Hour

Elite Plus (Diamond Plus) gets "Additional Beverage Discount"

Zenith (Pinnacle) gets Access to Michael's Club and a Complimentary Beverage Package.

So I am hoping that the Additional Beverage discount for Elite Plus may be money off one of the beverage packages because RCI seems to try things out on Celebrity and then implements them on Royal Caribbean. I am definitely hoping for a D+ discount on the beverage packages.

And, Harry's response to Ashley only talked about no changes being made in "the very near future," hardly a comfort, I would say. What does he mean - before year-end?

I take anything said by anyone as a possibility. Could be true, might not be true and could just be a version of the truth. So which Royal Caribbean employee is correct, the one who says changes are coming in January or the one who says no changes in the near future?

Anybody's guess.

I am definitely hoping for a D+ discount on the beverage packages.

Wouldn't this be great!!

what a great perk to offer as you move up the loyalty ladder to give discounts to the new beverage packages.

Personally I think the lounges will be something they fade out down the road and start using vouchers and beverage package discounts!!:D

Wouldn't this be great!!

what a great perk to offer as you move up the loyalty ladder to give discounts to the new beverage packages.

Personally I think the lounges will be something they fade out down the road and start using vouchers and beverage package discounts!!:D

I would agree with that as space is king on the ships and those large Diamond lounges can be rented out for special events and meeting spaces. I think it would also be easy to throw in a free beverage package for Suite Guests as well and then even do away with the CL.

For me the lounge was never much of an attraction anyway. We would go in for the occasional happy hour of course but have become a Premium Beverage package convert now, so bring on the discount!!!

The rumor is indeed just that. There are no plans for any new tiers to the program and no plans to change the access of the member lounges in the very near future.

!

so there will be changes, just not in the very near future;)

so there will be changes, just not in the very near future;)

That's what jumped out at me too LOL. Sloppy wording, or literally nothing in the "very near future" (whatever that even means... a month? Six months?) That statement will continue to fuel the rumor mill!

Edited by Dave85

That's what jumped out at me too LOL. Sloppy wording, or literally nothing in the "very near future" (whatever that even means... a month? Six months?) That statement will continue to fuel the rumor mill!

They are saying the very near future because the OP mentioned changes in January. I have reached out to several people and this is just a rumor. Plain and simple. RCL is testing drink vouchers in hopes of alleviating congestion on peak cruises in the CL and the DL. Because on most normal cruises, there aren't a great deal of congestions in these lounges.

Cruises with congestion problems in the CL and the DL include:

1. Oasis Transatlantic in 9/2014 and 10/2014

2. Quantum transatlantic in 11/2014

3. Quantum inaugural season

4. Big repositioning cruises like Boston to Tampa or in the past, San Diego to Vancouver

5. Spring Transatlantics

6. Fall Transatlantics

7. Anthem of the Seas inaugural season

8. Panama Canal Sailings on Legend of the Seas

9. Long Caribbean Sailings Legend of the Seas

They are saying the very near future because the OP mentioned changes in January. I have reached out to several people and this is just a rumor. Plain and simple. RCL is testing drink vouchers in hopes of alleviating congestion on peak cruises in the CL and the DL. Because on most normal cruises, there aren't a great deal of congestions in these lounges.

4. Big repositioning cruises like Boston to Tampa or in the past, San Diego to Vancouver

5. Spring Transatlantics

6. Fall Transatlantics

You forgot one:

Member's cruise

We were on EX in Nov 2012 for the member's cruise and we were in a GS and the CL was overcrowded. They had an overflow for both CL and DL which we also used. It was our first cruise as D. There were a lot of D and above onboard.

Hi all,

Hi Ashley,

With best regards,

Harry

Have a good day!

Hi Ashley, sorry but they will not admit to a change scheduled to happen in the future, that is more than their job is worth. But thanks for trying.

:D

5. Spring Transatlantics

6. Fall Transatlantics

Beyond Quantum inaugural season I think we can add "Quantum in general" to that list, as the dedicated Northeast drive up crowd that sailed Explorer again and again and again (achieving D status and up) will soon be the key year-round patrons for Quantum. I hope they have a nice big D lounge on the Quantum class!

I would agree with that as space is king on the ships and those large Diamond lounges can be rented out for special events and meeting spaces. I think it would also be easy to throw in a free beverage package for Suite Guests as well and then even do away with the CL.

For me the lounge was never much of an attraction anyway. We would go in for the occasional happy hour of course but have become a Premium Beverage package convert now, so bring on the discount!!!

kick everyone out and turn the lounges into more suites like they did on Vision class ;)

5. Spring Transatlantics

6. Fall Transatlantics

And the December cruises this year because of all the diamonds who booked thinking there would be a diamonds in December event. We were told that there will be 450 to 650 Diamonds or above on each of the December cruises - not including the holiday cruise.

I know last year they opened up the Pyramid lounge, and Viking crown lounge, and the card rooms as over flow on the Independence of the Seas because I was there.

Edited by Karter

Everyone keeps posting on one two and sometimes three overflow lounges. I'm thinking this is exactly what they want to get away from and with vouchers, that seems to be where they are going and for all cruises possibly.

Besides the cruises mentioned above, lounges are crowded and filled to capacity and often.

Like I said earlier-man up royal and just rip the band aid off already. Most here get the warning you sent via Celebrity so just do it!!

Beyond Quantum inaugural season I think we can add "Quantum in general" to that list, as the dedicated Northeast drive up crowd that sailed Explorer again and again and again (achieving D status and up) will soon be the key year-round patrons for Quantum. I hope they have a nice big D lounge on the Quantum class!

Actually, according to the current Quantum deck plan, the Diamond Lounge is small compared to the Concierge Lounge.

We were told by a Concierge (yep, hearsay and/or rumor) that the DL will have the ability to open into the (large) "Music Hall" when the numbers require extra space.

Edited by beachnative