Unusual Predicament

abitaturbodog

My family has found ourselves in an interesting situation. We are booked on the Fascination leaving in 8 days but...if my sons win their football playoff game this coming Friday, we won't be boarding the Fascination! I'm sooooo excited that my boys are heading into the second round of the state playoffs, but also kinda bummed that we might not be joining my extended family on the cruise.

I figure it's a win-win situation...if they win, they are one game closer to the championship, and if they lose we get to go on a cruise! And the good news is that when we booked, we purchased "cancel for any reason" insurance for this exact reason.

Go Beaufort Eagles!

My family has found ourselves in an interesting situation. We are booked on the Fascination leaving in 8 days but...if my sons win their football playoff game this coming Friday, we won't be boarding the Fascination! I'm sooooo excited that my boys are heading into the second round of the state playoffs, but also kinda bummed that we might not be joining my extended family on the cruise.

I figure it's a win-win situation...if they win, they are one game closer to the championship, and if they lose we get to go on a cruise! And the good news is that when we booked, we purchased "cancel for any reason" insurance for this exact reason.

Go Beaufort Eagles!

Smart move with the insurance! Go Beaufort Eagles!

Go Beaufort Eagles!

If you really want to go on the cruise. My Uncle Vito used to be in the "Sporting Events Outcome " business and maybe he can set something up:)

Just kidding *LOL* Wishing your boys the best.

My son is also in State football playoffs. I knew from previous years that it was a very real possibility their team would be headed that way. That's why I booked after football season but before baseball season begins!

I just keep telling myself they will be gone in 5 more years and then I can plan a vacation any ole time I want!

Good luck to your boys.

My son is also in State football playoffs. I knew from previous years that it was a very real possibility their team would be headed that way. That's why I booked after football season but before baseball season begins!

I just keep telling myself they will be gone in 5 more years and then I can plan a vacation any ole time I want!

Good luck to your boys.

That's what we did too. We picked February because it wouldn't interfere with football or baseball season. I didn't count on the kid deciding he was going to wrestle this year. I am counting on the fact that he won't make it to state his first year ever wrestling.

Go Beaufort Eagles!

Wow this is too funny. I have a cousin that plays football for the North Augusta Yellow Jackets and his dad was telling me how well he played in their playoff game against Laurens. Now I find your post and wow...weird. I've seen my cousin play and I wish you a safe and happy cruise because you'll be going in 8 days.:D Gooooo yellow Jackets.

Wow this is too funny. I have a cousin that plays football for the North Augusta Yellow Jackets and his dad was telling me how well he played in their playoff game against Laurens. Now I find your post and wow...weird. I've seen my cousin play and I wish you a safe and happy cruise because you'll be going in 8 days.:D Gooooo yellow Jackets.

Small world... I'm a former NA Yellow Jacket! ;) GO NAHS!

Good luck to the boys

But,,, don't you have to cancel within 48 hours of beginning of your trip to use this?

Thanks for the head's up!

If we win Friday night, I will be calling the insurance company right away. We sail on Monday, so it would be within 48 hours.

We got insurance with USAA, not Carnival. I should probably read the policy closely.

Good luck to your boys.

We are a 3 season household. Football, wrestling and baseball. We never get a break, but I love it. My oldest is going to college next year and his brother follows the year after. My life is going to be so boring.

Small world... I'm a former NA Yellow Jacket! ;) GO NAHS!

Wow, it's a small world after all! Yes, we're headed to North Augusta on Friday night. Hope to bring home the W. My boys both start on the O-line, what position and number is your cousin? I can have my boys say "hello!"

Well, being from Texas, I know and understand how important high school football is lol.

Good luck to your sons! That's awesome having more than one able to enjoy this moment together.

And like you said, the good news is, if they lose, they'll have a cruise to perk them up! But that won't happen.

The state championship is ever players goal! Seriously, best of luck to the team!

Thanks for the head's up!

If we win Friday night, I will be calling the insurance company right away. We sail on Monday, so it would be within 48 hours.

We got insurance with USAA, not Carnival. I should probably read the policy closely.

Yes, read your policy carefully and double check the trip start date on your policy. If you're flying a day early and that is the start date you gave the insurance company, then you need to calculate from that date.

Also pay attention to the terms of your policy ... 2 days is different than 48 hours in CFAR wording. Good luck!

Go Beaufort Eagles!

DW and I will definitely root for your Beaufort Eagles as Beaufort, SC brings back many special memories for us...we got married at the Cuthbert House on Bay St. June, 2007...and, we go back at least twice a year to celebrate our anniversary in June (at the Cuthbert House), and April when we got engaged...again we will definitely be rooting for you guys

Yes, read your policy carefully and double check the trip start date on your policy. If you're flying a day early and that is the start date you gave the insurance company, then you need to calculate from that date.

Also pay attention to the terms of your policy ... 2 days is different than 48 hours in CFAR wording. Good luck!

Thanks for the info. I looked up the policy and it says 48 hours from departure. Since we're driving, I think we should be covered since departure is 4:00 on Monday. USAA has a 27/7 customer service, so if we win on Friday, I will be on the phone with USAA on the way home.

DW and I will definitely root for your Beaufort Eagles as Beaufort, SC brings back many special memories for us...we got married at the Cuthbert House on Bay St. June, 2007...and, we go back at least twice a year to celebrate our anniversary in June (at the Cuthbert House), and April when we got engaged...again we will definitely be rooting for you guys

It's a beautiful place, that's for sure. Thanks for the well wishes!