Why are Dec/Jan Liberty Sailings so cheap/available?

I know it's slow season, but other ships like the Majesty and Enchantment are sailing fuller, thus more expensive for grabbing deals right now on them.

Meanwhile, my sailing on the Liberty in mid-Jan goes for $449 for a balcony on a 5-night. I thought that was cheap enough.. December 16th sailing has even more balconies available then mine and it's less than a month out.

$299 for a D1 or D2.. unbelievable.. even more so if you have a diamond discount.

What gives? Not that I'm complaining :)

Also-- I haven't paid in full yet (it's due today) think I should wait it out longer and see if it drops even further?? or is it too much of a risk?

I know it's slow season, but other ships like the Majesty and Enchantment are sailing fuller, thus more expensive for grabbing deals right now on them.

Meanwhile, my sailing on the Liberty in mid-Jan goes for $449 for a balcony on a 5-night. I thought that was cheap enough.. December 16th sailing has even more balconies available then mine and it's less than a month out.

$299 for a D1 or D2.. unbelievable.. even more so if you have a diamond discount.

What gives? Not that I'm complaining :)

Also-- I haven't paid in full yet (it's due today) think I should wait it out longer and see if it drops even further?? or is it too much of a risk?

Sometimes you wait and get burned.....so if it is a good deal, do it. I have always used a travel agent, and in situations where a fair has dropped after I paid in full the TA has always been able to get me some type of OBC to compensate me. I am a C&A Diamond level and don't know if that has had any impact on my results or not.

The only reason to NOT buy it if you're happy with the price is if you consider not sailing if it goes up a win condition as well. Gaming cruise prices at this point is for people who'd rather save money than sail. ;)

I've also noticed that the 5 day sailing is sometimes cheaper than a 3 day on Monarch or Enchantment. I think maybe because people have to take a full week of vacation off and/or there are more balcony rooms available on Liberty vs. those 2 ships. That can sometimes mean great deals in Balcony rooms for a 5 day cruise.

Sometimes you wait and get burned.....so if it is a good deal, do it. I have always used a travel agent, and in situations where a fair has dropped after I paid in full the TA has always been able to get me some type of OBC to compensate me. I am a C&A Diamond level and don't know if that has had any impact on my results or not.

If it is after the final payment DUE DATE, then that OBC is coming out of the TA's pocket. It's not coming from Royal Caribbean.