The New Celebrity Captains Club is Here!

danrad

The 5-7 will remain the same UNLESS there are too many Elite on a particular cruise. Sometimes they issue vouchers to use.

I also like the 5-7 cocktail hour. We have met so many great people during that time that we continue to keep in touch with and even cruise with.

At one time they would come to your table with the tea box and you could choose your favorite brew....and no extra charge

Those are just the same tea bags at the buffet. They carry very nice quality specialty teas in Café Bacio where they are offering the free special coffees for Elite plus. This would be a fair equivalent .

Sorry if this is somewhere else in the 11 pages of this thread. I just would like a link or post of the new points system so I can figure out where I stand.

Thanks in advance.

Log into Celebrity and go to Captain's Club, sailing history and it will show you your points.

Actually, they weren't listening to everyone. I'm sure if Celebrity had asked and listened to ANY of the people who would have reached Elite at the end of cruises which were fully paid before the date of conversion, they would have included a "patch" for this particular (and very limited) situation.

This particular situation is fundamentally INequitable, and it would have been so easy to avoid.

I would have been at select,they took a point away,I booked back to back onthe summit capt club rep told me i would recive 1 point for each booking and 1 because it was over 12 nights,I would be at 4 points now im at 3 so i booked a panama 15 night cruise jan 20,it has been booked in april2013 and paid for ,now under this new system i need 40 more points,the people who where booked and paid for should get what was promised,unless they make this right i just wont be back

We were elite under the old system with 24 points. What would our status be under the new system?

I would have been at select,they took a point away,I booked back to back onthe summit capt club rep told me i would recive 1 point for each booking and 1 because it was over 12 nights,I would be at 4 points now im at 3 so i booked a panama 15 night cruise jan 20,it has been booked in april2013 and paid for ,now under this new system i need 40 more points,the people who where booked and paid for should get what was promised,unless they make this right i just wont be back

I am a little confused about your exact situation.

Did you have 3 points when you booked a b2b on the Summit? What length and cabin type were those cruises and when did they sail? And what type of cabin will your January (I assume 2014?) cruise be in?

With that information, maybe someone can explain exactly what happened and arm you with details to plead your case or help you understand your current points.

Jay & Lisa:

Even though you booked & paid for the cruise in 2013 it doesn't sail until January 2014 correct? Your points are not counted until after the cruise not when it's booked and paid for.

Debbie

Jay & Lisa:

Even though you booked & paid for the cruise in 2013 it doesn't sail until January 2014 correct? Your points are not counted until after the cruise not when it's booked and paid for.

Debbie

As a lot of people have found out, it is not when the cruise was booked, or when it was paid for it is when it is taken.:(

What's the reason that some are apparently receiving bonus points?

Tom

As far as I know, the only bonuses are for those who had 8 or 9 old points....they were given 25 and 16 points so that with those within 1 or 2 cruises of elite could still make elite with the same one or two cruises. No one was given points who was already elite.....so if you are close to elite plus, no, you didn't get bonus points. While some feel slighted or insulted that they aren't quite elite plus....look at the added benefits before you get too upset. It really is really only a very small improvement over elite.

Edited by ghstudio

What's the reason that some are apparently receiving bonus points?

Tom

Best guess based on many posts is that Celebrity tried to keep people who were within 2 or 3 points of making Elite pretty close to the same.

I think (my observation/interpretation based on reading posts) is that they gave points as follows ( I KNOW I saw posts about the 8 & 9 points and THINK I saw some about 7 points):

For those with 9 points, the conversion was 9 * 30 plus 16 for 286. 1 cruise (7 nights in Inside/OV, 5 nights in a balcony, 3 nights in CC/AQ or 2 nights in any suite) would still make them Elite

For those with 8 points, the conversion was 8 * 30 plus 25 for 270. 1 cruise (15 nights in Inside/OV, 10 nights in a balcony, 6 nights in CC/AQ or 4 nights in any suite) would still make them Elite OR Two cruises as listed for the folks with 9 points would still make them Elite (except it would take 15 total nights in the inside/OV categories)

For those with 7 points, the conversion was 7 * 30 plus 40 for 240. 1 cruise (12 nights in CC/AQ or 8 nights in any suite) OR 2 cruises that totaled12 nights in CC/AQ or 8 nights in any suite) OR 3 cruises that totaled 10 nights in Inside/OV, 7 nights in a balcony, 4 nights in CC/AQ or 3 nights in any suite would still make them Elite

For all intents and purposes, the same number of cruises/cabin categories would still take them to Elite. They did not "protect" those who were close to Select nor did they do anything for people who were close to what the assumed/hoped would be the new next tier.

Edited by bob278

I am a little confused about your exact situation.

Did you have 3 points when you booked a b2b on the Summit? What length and cabin type were those cruises and when did they sail? And what type of cabin will your January (I assume 2014?) cruise be in?

With that information, maybe someone can explain exactly what happened and arm you with details to plead your case or help you understand your current points.

we did a ten night ,that gave us one point then we did back to back in jan-feb 2013 that by what i wastold capt club that i would get 1 point for ov percruise pluse 1 becouse it was over 12 nights so that would have put me at 4 ,capt club then told me i would ony get 1 per cruise.right now i have 3 booked panam a 15 would give me 2 more =5 and i was going to book tommrow a 8 night jan 16 2015 so i would select on next cruise jay,we have ov on 15 night

Edited by medic358

we did a ten night ,that gave us one point then we did back to back in jan-feb 2013 that by what i wastold capt club that i would get 1 point for ov percruise pluse 1 becouse it was over 12 nights so that would have put me at 4 ,capt club then told me i would ony get 1 per cruise.right now i have 3 booked panam a 15 would give me 2 more =5 and i was going to book tommrow a 8 night jan 16 2015 so i would select on next cruise jay,we have ov on 15 night

Sorry to be so dense. Let me see if I understand.

You did a 10-day and got one point

Then you did a back to back in an ocean view. One of the cruises was 12 days so the two cruises should have gotten a total of 3 points. But it almost sounds like it might have been a 5-day and 7-day for a total of 12 days. If that is the case, then whoever said you would get a bonus point was wrong.

So you would have 3 points if your back to back cruises totaled 12 days or 4 if one of them was 12 days.

You say you have 3 booked but only list a 15-night Panama cruise. Since that has not sailed, it will earn points under the new program or 15 times whatever category you are booked in (I think you are saying OV so that would be a total of 30 points in the new program.

Does this make any sense to you? I'm not sure how clear I am being.

The 5-7 will remain the same UNLESS there are too many Elite on a particular cruise. Sometimes they issue vouchers to use.

I also like the 5-7 cocktail hour. We have met so many great people during that time that we continue to keep in touch with and even cruise with.

Thanks for the info. Hope to meet you one day at the 5-7!!!

I am somewhat confused. We've booked three cruises before November 25, all are sailing in 2014. Will I then get the new point system for these cruises in 2014? Or am I under the old point system.

We are Elite+, and will never get to Zenith because of our age :-).

Thanks.

I am somewhat confused. We've booked three cruises before November 25, all are sailing in 2014. Will I then get the new point system for these cruises in 2014? Or am I under the old point system.

Thanks.

After you sail, you will get the new program points.

I'm not sure if anyone else cares about this Elite perk, but my DH and I appreciated most the 5-7 pm social hours where we could meet and greet other fellow passengers each night in the same location. We made new friends in a nice atmosphere (and especially wonderful in Michael's Club on the Millie and Connie - but that seems like a thing of the past now) as well as in the Sky Lounge. Has anyone heard if we are still going to have this time and place each night, or just going to get drink vouchers for most any bar? Not a fan of that. Drink vouchers are fine to limit people taking advantage, but I'd love to know about the 5-7 pm venue remaining as a perk. Please advise if anyone has any info on this. Thanks.

As I mentioned in another post, our recent cruise on Reflection had about 2100 Captain's CLub members, 1200 of which were Elite. I don't know which venue they might have chosen for the cocktail party. We received vouchers and a couple of bars became regular meeting areas for those Elite members who enjoy the 5-7. The tables even had the CC menus with available voucher drinks on them. It seemed like plenty of people were socializing and getting to know new people. The even came around with hors d'oeuvres. And those who do not enjoy those gatherings too much had the chance to use the vouchers elsewhere, so to us it did not seem like too bad a deal.

Thanks.

What ever cruise start after Nov. 25th. will be on New points system.

Edited by iSailor

Well I just got off the phone with Captains Club. When checking my new status I noticed an 18 night South America cruise was showing zero points beside it. They informed me I didn't get any points as it was a free cruise. I laughed out loud as I thought he was kidding. I would certainly remember a free cruise!!

I have my key card but as it was in 2008 I no longer have the paper work. To bad they say, without it they can not give me any points.

I have decided to let it go as it is not worth my time to pursue. I am already Elite and it won't change my status. I think it is sad that the onus is on me top prove I paid and not on them to show me I didn't.

Very disappointed in Celebrity.

I must say the agent I spoke to was terrific. He couldn't have been nicer. I know he was embarrassed by it all but we enjoyed a laugh over it. I think he was just thankful I found the humour in it.

My husband said we should get our credit card to give us proof we paid as then Celebrity will owe us the free cruise. Lol