Extra charge for Prime Rib (Allure)?

zookeeper

Haven't been in RC in 6 years, going on Allure on Dec 1. Is there a charge for Prime Rib when eating in the MDR? Do other items cost more in the MDR? We are not ones to eat at specialty restaurants so don't need info on those charges. Thanks for any info.

Edited by zookeeper

Haven't been in RC in 6 years, going on Allure on Dec 1. Is there a charge for Prime Rib when eating in the MDR? Do other items cost more in the MDR? We are not ones to eat at specialty restaurants so don't need info on those charges. Thanks for any info.

No extra charge for Prime Rib in the MDR on any RCI ship.

There will be an extra charge Filet (14.95) and an extra charge whole Maine Lobster (29.95) or a combination of both (surf and turf - 37.50) available nightly.

Edited by ryano

No extra charge for Prime Rib in the MDR on any RCI ship.

There will be an extra charge Filet (14.95) and an extra charge whole Maine Lobster (29.95) or a combination of both (surf and turf - 37.50) available nightly.

But to be clear they are optional charges as there are nightly options for steak and seafood on the standard menu - including the lobster tails one night - at no charge. These "for a charge" options are for the Chop's steak and whole lobster as indicated. The "Chops" option allows for the higher quality cut of meat to be available in the MDR if desired.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Last three cruises I wouldn't even call it prime rib.:rolleyes: It was a small, thin, tough piece of something resembling roast beef. We won't be ordering it again.

Keep trying, you could always get something else. That said, on Allure in 2011 I would have agreed with you. On Jewel in 2012 it was Fantastic. Allure in 2013 it was very good and I think I skipped it on Majesty last month.

Last three cruises I wouldn't even call it prime rib.:rolleyes: It was a small, thin, tough piece of something resembling roast beef. We won't be ordering it again.
"Prime rib" refers to where on the cow it came from, not thickness or quality.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

"Prime rib" refers to where on the cow it came from, not thickness or quality.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I know exactly where prime rib and every other cut of beef comes from on a cow:rolleyes:. I didn't say it wasn't "technically" prime rib. I said I wouldn't call it prime rib because it was such a sad example of it.

Edited by bouhunter