Pride of America Owner's Suite questions

VideoTech

Contemplating a Hawaii Cruise, and may be lucky enough to be able to do it in an OS.

Can anyone tell me about the size & quality of the balconies on the two forward OS on deck 8 (cabins 8500 & 8000) versus the same with the one on deck 11 (cabin 11000).

I've always enjoyed the forward balcony suites on other NCL ships, but the POA has a very different design. The forward balconies on other ships are large and very open, but the ones on POA appear to be quite small and, particularly in the case of the ones on deck 8, very dark - at least as far as I can tell from a photo search on the net.

Any comments on those forward OS versus the ones on the sides of the ship, with particular emphasis on the balconies? This appears to be the kind of cruise where you'd want a nice open balcony to maximize your sightseeing.

Thanks!

I just returned yesterday from a week on POA. We were in family suite 8202. The balcony wrapped around the aft corner of the ship and was enormous. It had three chaise lounges, four chairs, two side tables, and could have easily accommodated a dozen people. I can't comment on the OS balconies but ours was the perfect spot to enjoy breakfast and afternoon snacks. Not the answer you were seeking, but if you check the deck plans you can see ours has a similar design to the cabins you're considering.

But the balcony was hard to see out of. I felt like it was a cove balcony. You couldn't see out unless you were standing looking out and around. It was my first cruise so I didn't realize it at the time. On my next cruise I had just a regular balcony on a different ship and it was much nicer on that balcony.

The room is amazing in 8500!!

We are going on POA again and have a midship balcony booked with hopes to upgrade to a penthouse with large balcony if we can. Would prefer this to the os just for the view, not the room.

But the balcony was hard to see out of. I felt like it was a cove balcony. You couldn't see out unless you were standing looking out and around. It was my first cruise so I didn't realize it at the time. On my next cruise I had just a regular balcony on a different ship and it was much nicer on that balcony.

The room is amazing in 8500!!

We are going on POA again and have a midship balcony booked with hopes to upgrade to a penthouse with large balcony if we can. Would prefer this to the os just for the view, not the room.

Thanks bigmandog. That confirms what I felt might be the case, when I looked at the pictures and videos I could find. I also noticed that the balcony on the 10 and 11 deck forward suites is very narrow...so narrow that the lounge chairs were setup up sideways to the door.

We've gone with one of the OS's on the forward side. It has a big balcony, and I think we'll be very happy with it.

I just returned yesterday from a week on POA. We were in family suite 8202. The balcony wrapped around the aft corner of the ship and was enormous. It had three chaise lounges, four chairs, two side tables, and could have easily accommodated a dozen people. I can't comment on the OS balconies but ours was the perfect spot to enjoy breakfast and afternoon snacks. Not the answer you were seeking, but if you check the deck plans you can see ours has a similar design to the cabins you're considering.

we will be in the same room on Nov 30!! Can you post some pictures? We are going with our daughters (24 & 26). How was the 2nd BR? Is there any room to move in there when couch is made into bed ? I have seen pictures of the balcony and cant wait !! Im just a little worried about 1 bathroom for 4 adults but we'll suffer through somehow :D

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Forums mobile app

Ksimpso3......I have pictures of the suite, bath, and balcony, and would be happy to post them if I can figure out how to do it. I'll give it a shot tomorrow. Or is there a way to e-mail then to you? I shared the suite with two girlfriends and although the space is somewhat small we adapted quickly and found that we had plenty of room for everything. I shower at night and that helped immensely with sharing one bath. The second bedroom is small and when the bed is made up it's even smaller. However, it has a lot of storage...closet, dressing table, stool, hair dryer, many drawers and shelves, as well as drawers in the bed side table. But the lower left cabinet is inaccessible when the bed is opened so don't put anything in that one! There is a little walking space next to the bed when opened but that's about it. It worked fine though for the friend that slept there. She liked it! It has a pocket door that makes the room completely private. The larger bedroom is nice...big closet, same type dressing table and cabinets/drawers/shelves and a very comfortable looking big bed. I drew the short straw and slept on the sofa in the "living" room. It makes into a larger bed and although it seemed very firm the first night I got used to it and slept well there. We stored some luggage under the bed and the rest we stacked in the space between our suite and the connecting cabin. There are more shelves in this area as well as the safe. If you have any questions about the suite I would be happy to answer them for you. It might be a little tight with four adults but you won't be there much anyway and the large balcony certainly makes up for it!

Ksimpso3......I have pictures of the suite, bath, and balcony, and would be happy to post them if I can figure out how to do it. I'll give it a shot tomorrow. Or is there a way to e-mail then to you? I shared the suite with two girlfriends and although the space is somewhat small we adapted quickly and found that we had plenty of room for everything. I shower at night and that helped immensely with sharing one bath. The second bedroom is small and when the bed is made up it's even smaller. However, it has a lot of storage...closet, dressing table, stool, hair dryer, many drawers and shelves, as well as drawers in the bed side table. But the lower left cabinet is inaccessible when the bed is opened so don't put anything in that one! There is a little walking space next to the bed when opened but that's about it. It worked fine though for the friend that slept there. She liked it! It has a pocket door that makes the room completely private. The larger bedroom is nice...big closet, same type dressing table and cabinets/drawers/shelves and a very comfortable looking big bed. I drew the short straw and slept on the sofa in the "living" room. It makes into a larger bed and although it seemed very firm the first night I got used to it and slept well there. We stored some luggage under the bed and the rest we stacked in the space between our suite and the connecting cabin. There are more shelves in this area as well as the safe. If you have any questions about the suite I would be happy to answer them for you. It might be a little tight with four adults but you won't be there much anyway and the large balcony certainly makes up for it!

I have also booked that suite for a cruise in December! I am so happy to hear about the size of the balcony. Since we are a party of five adults I also booked the connecting balcony next door. By any chance, do you know if the balcony partitions can be opened between those two cabins? I am also happy to hear about the pocket door on the second bedroom. It will give my daughter some privacy. Can't wait for our cruise!

I have also booked that suite for a cruise in December! I am so happy to hear about the size of the balcony. Since we are a party of five adults I also booked the connecting balcony next door. By any chance, do you know if the balcony partitions can be opened between those two cabins? I am also happy to hear about the pocket door on the second bedroom. It will give my daughter some privacy. Can't wait for our cruise!

I didn't notice if the balcony partition could be opened. However, I do have a picture that shows the partition that separates the spaces. I'm still trying to figure out how to attach pictures. I can get the pictures to upload but not attach...Will keep trying! One other comment on suite 8202....the NCL website says it's an "obstructed view" suite but there is nothing obstructing the view!

I use a site like shutterfly. Upload pictures there then click copy on picture you want and apply it to a post you create. If that doesn't work could you email to me?? ksimpso3@nycap.rr.com. My girls usually shower at night too so I don't think it will be that big an issue. Thanks!! I cant wait!!!

I will ask when we are there about opening balcony partition...and I will take tons of pictures and post when I get back :D

Related to the Owners Suite; Suites or Balconies --- NCL is terribly

deficient in presenting an adequate photo/video floor plan of its cabins.

The one size fits all - "Stinks" - ! Holland America is the only cruise line

that in my opinion that does a fairly good job of showing the cabin interior.

They do this by centering a video camera in the middle of a cabin and using

your mouse as a pointer can rotate 360 degrees in the cabin. But sadly HAL

does the same as most of the other cruise lines "ONE SIZE FITS ALL" !

Granted I understand about the reverse (mirror) image of some cabins

and some suites but the cabins in the bow and stern of a ship can be a

great deal different based on what deck they are located. Not necessarily

are the best cabins on the highest deck as well as the lowest.

So for now the best representation is from folks who have photographed

or videoed a specific cabin and are making it available to future occupants !

Thank You very much to those that do this !

Am awaiting the day when the folks at SEAT-GURU; the airline seat chart

people giving all the good and bad points about individual seating on an

aircraft start doing that with the cabins on cruise ships.

Related to the Owners Suite; Suites or Balconies --- NCL is terribly

deficient in presenting an adequate photo/video floor plan of its cabins.

The one size fits all - "Stinks" - ! Holland America is the only cruise line

that in my opinion that does a fairly good job of showing the cabin interior.

They do this by centering a video camera in the middle of a cabin and using

your mouse as a pointer can rotate 360 degrees in the cabin. But sadly HAL

does the same as most of the other cruise lines "ONE SIZE FITS ALL" !

Granted I understand about the reverse (mirror) image of some cabins

and some suites but the cabins in the bow and stern of a ship can be a

great deal different based on what deck they are located. Not necessarily

are the best cabins on the highest deck as well as the lowest.

So for now the best representation is from folks who have photographed

or videoed a specific cabin and are making it available to future occupants !

Thank You very much to those that do this !

Am awaiting the day when the folks at SEAT-GURU; the airline seat chart

people giving all the good and bad points about individual seating on an

aircraft start doing that with the cabins on cruise ships.

RE cabins, the one deck plan site started listing comments on cabins a couple months ago.

• 4 weeks later...

I forgot to ask about the balcony partition being opened but I did take many pictures. Here they are:

entering suite

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a3cc32b3127ccef48edfcd780c00000030O08EaMWrVq0cg9vPhw/cC/f%3D0/ls%3D00009455501420131213222647236.JPG/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D720/ry%3D480/

bathroom

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a3cc32b3127ccef48e0fe0f97900000080O38EaMWrVq0cg9vPhw/cC/f%3D0/ls%3D00009455501420131213222654253.JPG/ps%3D50/r%3D3/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

shower

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a3cc32b3127ccef48e0f9b783200000080O38EaMWrVq0cg9vPhw/cC/f%3D0/ls%3D00009455501420131213222656565.JPG/ps%3D50/r%3D3/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

area between connecting room/connecting door

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a3cc32b3127ccef48f6a2c995300000080O38EaMWrVq0cg9vPhw/cC/f%3D0/ls%3D00009455501420131213222702715.JPG/ps%3D50/r%3D3/rx%3D720/ry%3D480/

master bedroom

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a3cc32b3127ccef48e104bb94500000080O38EaMWrVq0cg9vPhw/cC/f%3D0/ls%3D00009455501420131213222706913.JPG/ps%3D50/r%3D3/rx%3D720/ry%3D480/

master vanity area

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a3cc32b3127ccef48ea7b2f97f00000030O08EaMWrVq0cg9vPhw/cC/f%3D0/ls%3D00009455501420131213222714329.JPG/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D720/ry%3D480/

More Pictures from 10502 Note: The carpet has been replaced with something more subdued.

11378731505_2f6bac61f1_z.jpg

PC050749 by garlinn2000, on Flickr

The entry way and bar area.

11378731565_c3a17621e0_z.jpg

PC050750 by garlinn2000, on Flickr

The guest bathroom

11378732195_a479511a89_z.jpg

PC050751 by garlinn2000, on Flickr

The living room

11378733535_627096a53b_z.jpg

PC050754 by garlinn2000, on Flickr

The dining area with a view into the bedroom

11378972663_0ffb14ddb7_z.jpg

PC050755 by garlinn2000, on Flickr

The bedroom lookin out to the balcony

Edited by garlinn

More from 10502

11378972683_5eccbea1fa_z.jpg

PC050756 by garlinn2000, on Flickr

The closet

11378973813_fed9574e5a_z.jpg

PC050758 by garlinn2000, on Flickr

The shower

11378974053_c6de2eafa7_z.jpg

PC050759 by garlinn2000, on Flickr

The double vanities

11378974063_e2f7e1e346_z.jpg

PC050760 by garlinn2000, on Flickr

The whirlpool tub

11378973293_ebd12f5082_z.jpg

PC050757 by garlinn2000, on Flickr

Last but very important

I did not get a picture but there is a dressing area in the closet.