Purchasing wine in port

jklotz5319

We are on a back to back. If we purchase wine on the first leg, have it taken from us and receive it back the last night, can we then use it for the second leg?

I am thinking we can. Am I correct?

You might luck out and slip through the cracks, but I've seen some ships take into account consecutive cruises and keep the alcohol until the night before the last cruise.

We have a B2B planned with some friends who are only going on the first leg with us.

We will purchase alcohol in port the first week and have THEM carry it on from the port and it will

be given back to THEM the night before they disembark. They will make a stop at our room before leaving the ship...... :-)

Perhaps you can make some "friends" on that first leg......just a thought....good luck!

You might luck out and slip through the cracks, but I've seen some ships take into account consecutive cruises and keep the alcohol until the night before the last cruise.

You write "alcohol" and I was thinking of picking up "wine" cheaper in one of the ports and getting it back for the second cruise.

Different?

Thanks.

You write "alcohol" and I was thinking of picking up "wine" cheaper in one of the ports and getting it back for the second cruise... Different?

Not different.

Your mileage may vary on this, as they say. We got ours the last night of the first leg, but others here have reported differently.

EDITED to add: Not sure which port you are speaking of but if you do not get it back, perhaps you might consider getting off the ship in between cruises and going to get some wine for the second leg. You can bring on 2 bottles, at embarkation, as you know. You'll still have your other bottles when you disembark.

Edited by Langley Cruisers

Not different.

Your mileage may vary on this, as they say. We got ours the last night of the first leg, but others here have reported differently.

EDITED to add: Not sure which port you are speaking of but if you do not get it back, perhaps you might consider getting off the ship in between cruises and going to get some wine for the second leg. You can bring on 2 bottles, at embarkation, as you know. You'll still have your other bottles when you disembark.

So how do you think this would work?

Doing a B2B bring on 4 bottles on initial embarkation, RCI holds 2 and delivers them for part 2 of B2B. Disembark I between cruises and bring on 2 additional bottles.

Anyone done this before?

So how do you think this would work?

Doing a B2B bring on 4 bottles on initial embarkation, RCI holds 2 and delivers them for part 2 of B2B. Disembark I between cruises and bring on 2 additional bottles.

Anyone done this before?

I am doing a B2B in March and I was going to take 4 bottles on board and tell them 2 for this cruise and 2 for second cruise. Hopefully they will deliver the 2nd two bottles on the last night of the 1st cruise. I have also thought about my husband taking on two bottles and I will carry on the other 2 bottles and let a few people go onboard between us. They really are not keeping track of room status or at least if they are you don't see it.

Here's another question: If I buy 10 bottles in the wine package and obviously don't finish them all, will they hold them in the dining room for me for the 2nd leg of the cruise. Cheaper to buy 10 bottles in the package than two packages of 5 bottles. Any suggestions????

I am doing a B2B in March and I was going to take 4 bottles on board and tell them 2 for this cruise and 2 for second cruise. Hopefully they will deliver the 2nd two bottles on the last night of the 1st cruise. I have also thought about my husband taking on two bottles and I will carry on the other 2 bottles and let a few people go onboard between us. They really are not keeping track of room status or at least if they are you don't see it.

Here's another question: If I buy 10 bottles in the wine package and obviously don't finish them all, will they hold them in the dining room for me for the 2nd leg of the cruise. Cheaper to buy 10 bottles in the package than two packages of 5 bottles. Any suggestions????

Just want to bring my question back up to the top of the page its about the wine package and 4 bottles of wine for B2B - what to do.

If you have someone with 2 bottles that they are holding until the last night, and they give it to you (provided you have the same cabin B2B), then you'll have 2 bottles in your cabin. You disembark at the port, buy 2 bottles of wine and embark...giving you 4 bottles. Make a friend at embarkation (maybe on Roll Call) that doesn't mind meeting up with you on the last night and returning your bottles of wine that were being held in their name until the last night of the cruise.