Deck BBQ

landj999

Anyone dressed in shorts and flip flops any evening after 6:00 pm on either of my Windstar cruises would have been ridiculously underdressed. Even on the deck party night. The men wore the same thing as they did in the dining room, slacks and a collared shirt with shoes or fisherman style sandals.

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

On my photos there are some wearing shorts. Also on WS own video filmed while we were on board (
) Don't worry.

I'm sure you'll enjoy :)

P.S.: 2 weeks also.

They should have edited out that woman dancing on the video...not sure I'd want to see that on my windstar cruise :)

There were a couple of times that we saw people get up and dance in the main lounge when the band was playing, but it seemed more the exception to the rule. I want to think there was a conga li e or something during one of the deck BBQ's, we didn't stay to the end of them, we were usually ready to hit the hay by 10:00 after long days in port.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been on the Wind Surf 5 times and there was lots of dancing in both the main lounge and the Compass Rose (stern bar). The band in the main lounge stops about 11PM and the party moves to the Compass Rose until at least 1AM.

On my photos there are some wearing shorts. Also on WS own video filmed while we were on board (
) Don't worry.

I'm sure you'll enjoy :)

P.S.: 2 weeks also.

Folks on this board love arguing about attire. The fact is that this is a casual cruise line and particularly in the Carribean, shorts and flip flops for the barbecue are totally acceptable. Trust me, no one will notice or care.Wear what you feel most comfortable in-this is your holiday!

Maybe things are more casual in the Caribbean than the Med, but shirts and flip flops would have been terribly out of place in the Med. Not a single person was attire that way during our deck parties.

Maybe things are more casual in the Caribbean than the Med, but shirts and flip flops would have been terribly out of place in the Med. Not a single person was attire that way during our deck parties.

I suspect Ducklite is right; the cruises in the Med are probably slightly more formal.

Either way - the Deck bbq is a highlight for sure.

• 1 month later...

Not true on the cruises I've been on in the Med. On the BBQ night everyone was very casually dressed.

Yes absolutely, just returned from a week on Windspirit, the Yacht Deck BBQ was AMAZING!!!!!

Have a great time

This.