saving one dollar bills

One thing I do to help save money for my cruise is if the Serial Number on a one dollar bill starts with the letter "B", I put it aside for my cruise.

Of course this idea will not work out unless you handle a lot of one dollar bills (bartenders, waiters/waitresses, est.). I am into Where's George so that is why I handle a lot of one dollar bills.

You can think this idea over and adapted it to your money habits.

At the end of the day, any one dollar bills in my wallet goes into an envelope for me cruise. This way I'll have tip money and small bills for shopping. Im retired so I'm not doing cash transactions every day so there's many days nothing goes into the cruise fund.

My next cruise is a long one (94 days) so I will need a lot of $1's.:D

Don

At the end of the day, any one dollar bills in my wallet goes into an envelope for me cruise. This way I'll have tip money and small bills for shopping. Im retired so I'm not doing cash transactions every day so there's many days nothing goes into the cruise fund.

My next cruise is a long one (94 days) so I will need a lot of $1's.:D

Don

Wow Don, 94 days? that is one heck of a cruise. where are you going?

Wow Don, 94 days? that is one heck of a cruise. where are you going?

It's a 94 day Curise round trip from Ft Lauderdale on the Queen Victoria starting in Jan. We travel around South America, then head west stopping at several South Pacific Islands. After two stops in Australia and six ports in New Zeland, we head back east stopping at several more islands including two in Hawaii. Head back to the US with two days in San Francisco, go through he Panama Canal, finally two more islands before finishing back in Ft Lauderdale

It's my bucket list cruise. Had to sell the bucket to help pay for it. :D

Don

• 1 month later...

A different way to save dollar bills that works for those who don't typically handle alot of singles is to not allow yourself to spend the ones for purchases. For example if I stop at the gas station on my way to work and get a cup of coffee for $1.96 and pay with a $20, I will get 3 ones in my change. For the rest of the day, if I make another purchase, I can only use the $5 or $10. This not only encourages me to save more money at the end of every day but to avoid mindless spending. My ones and change go into a large empty olive oil jug from the warehouse club at the end of every day. The narrow neck prevents me from digging ones or quarters out when I am tempted.....I will cut the top off of the plastic jug a few days before my cruise and cash out my savings.

A different way to save dollar bills that works for those who don't typically handle alot of singles is to not allow yourself to spend the ones for purchases. For example if I stop at the gas station on my way to work and get a cup of coffee for $1.96 and pay with a $20, I will get 3 ones in my change.

You could just make coffee at home carry it in a thermal cup

Then just put the $5 p/d in your container as you are waiting for the coffee

;)