Check your credit card bill carefully

sweep

Is it possible the charge is for something purchased after the bill was prepared. This past summer we received our final bill late in the evening on he last night. The bill did not include drinks we had late that night and our final charge to our credit card reflected that.

I don't recall receiving a bill that early before but perhaps it's something they are trying to avoid the rush that normally occurs the day of departure.

Please remember to come back to this thread and let us know the outcome.

Update: Celebrity replied to my email just after I posted my initial comment on CC! They gave me a UK number to ring. I did that and they are now investigating for me.

Watch this space ;)

Thanks for all your help. I will give Celebrity a call in the morning.

Thats easy when living in usa, living in Belgium calling is expensive.

In 2008 we also had a 50$ more on the bill when we got our creditbill (last on the ship was correct), it took almost 6 month to ger our money back!!!!!

Pffff i hate minibars, i hope they will remove it in januari.

WE just came back from the Statendam and guess what, 4,5$ from the minibar we didn't drink (we didn't drink from the minibar the whole cruise!), and put on the credibill at home (last bill from the ship was ok).

I'm fed up with this.

Do the crew do this on purpose or what? Complaining from Belgium is not easy,aaaaaaaaaaah.:mad:

It is a good idea to take a picture of the final account balance as shown on your TV on the morning of departure - avoids Guest Relations lines and is as good for proving the position if need be down the line

I have found overcharges on my credit card bill after a cruise many times. Oddly enough, these do not show up on the final cruise statement. They are never a lot. Last cruise it was about $7. When I called Celebrity, the agent was very polite stating that it was the minibar...and also said that it happens "all the time". Charge was removed. It makes you wonder who is doing this...the cabin steward or the accounting people. Either way, it is a poor way to do business. It also has happened to me other places. Always check your statements. You may be amazed at the small discrepencies that show up on your statement. Some at blatant. I stayed at a hotel in Canada using points for the entire stay. I never charged anything to my room. Even the parking was complimentary with the room. Upon departing we got abill for $30 that was supposedly corrected. It was not. We also had 4 extra chanrges for odd amounts from this hotel. I called my credit card company and disputed all the charges. Now it is up to this dishonest hotel to respond. It has been almost 2 cycles. Soon it will go away.

Thats easy when living in usa, living in Belgium calling is expensive.

In 2008 we also had a 50$ more on the bill when we got our creditbill (last on the ship was correct), it took almost 6 month to ger our money back!!!!!

Pffff i hate minibars, i hope they will remove it in januari.

WE just came back from the Statendam and guess what, 4,5$ from the minibar we didn't drink (we didn't drink from the minibar the whole cruise!), and put on the credibill at home (last bill from the ship was ok).

I'm fed up with this.

Do the crew do this on purpose or what? Complaining from Belgium is not easy,aaaaaaaaaaah.:mad:

Yikes--if picking up the phone to fix the problem is not a viable option for you, that complicates things considerably. We've only had a couple of "after the final statement" charges -- and yes, ours were also for minibar items that we did not use. But, like others here, we were able to remedy the problem with one phone call.

Have you ever considered going to a "cash only" account, for your sea-pass card? I've read on these boards about people doing that. I understand that it's a little more hassle, because you have to put up enough cash at the time of boarding to cover your entire cruise. But, on the last day, you just go to the GR desk and cash out any remaining $$ -- and there's no credit card for them to bill. :cool:

Edited by wwcruisers

Well I rang Celebrity and it turns out that the charge was for a bottle of wine we ordered much earlier in the cruise and that was handed in late by the wine steward so was not on our final bill. Two months later I haven't a clue whether this is correct or not as we have now got rid of all our sea pass stubs. I have to accept it but I am not happy. It would have helped if Celebrity had contacted me to explain what had happened rather than just adding it to my credit card bill with no explanation.

Like most people I assumed that once you settled your final account that was the matter closed, but obviously not.

I have learnt a lot from the posts on this thread. I doubt we will cruise with Celebrity again but whoever we cruise with I will take a lot more care checking off all the stubs against the account, clearing the mini bar etc.

Sheba - fyi we were given a uk number to phone. I guess that would be cheaper for you than ringing the us.