2014 & 2015 US port round trip itineraries?

Host Dan

I agree with you Dan. We would love a Seabourn domestic departure/return. Another reason we booked a suite on Princess out of LA. Flying in general, and especially overseas is becoming just more hassle and expense than I can justify. It really takes the edge off of a wonderful cruise (IMHO).:D

Actually, not having round trip departures is unhelpful for us too, flying into the US from overseas.

To buy two one way business class fares seems to be much more expensive than to buy a point to point return business class fare. When I've looked at pricing it often works out more than double.

Many CC'ers are very savvy about airline reward/miles schemes and work their travel plans around these, so I guess this isn't an issue for them. But we're often unable to book a cruise more than 4 months in advance, by which time it's too late to get those type of fares. (And I haven't got a clue about them anyway!:o) We've got three free companion tickets for business or first class that need to be used in the next 18 months, plus hundreds of thousands of miles between us, but rarely seem to be able to use them.

We could try Seabourn air for a quote, but I don't think I've ever seen any posts about it, so I'm assuming it's equally expensive as it would be to book our own flights.

Actually, not having round trip departures is unhelpful for us too, flying into the US from overseas.

To buy two one way business class fares seems to be much more expensive than to buy a point to point return business class fare. When I've looked at pricing it often works out more than double.

Many CC'ers are very savvy about airline reward/miles schemes and work their travel plans around these, so I guess this isn't an issue for them. But we're often unable to book a cruise more than 4 months in advance, by which time it's too late to get those type of fares. (And I haven't got a clue about them anyway!:o) We've got three free companion tickets for business or first class that need to be used in the next 18 months, plus hundreds of thousands of miles between us, but rarely seem to be able to use them.

We could try Seabourn air for a quote, but I don't think I've ever seen any posts about it, so I'm assuming it's equally expensive as it would be to book our own flights.

Having spent more or less all day on my laptop trying to use airmiles and/or companion vouchers for our upcoming cruise in the Med next year, sadly all to no avail, I know what you mean, although to be fair we have had many a success travelling on them to the US. We have also booked flights through Seabourn and surprisingly they have compared well, you also get the added security of knowing if anything happens re late flights etc it's their problem so to speak.

It looks like Seabourn has done away with round trip itineraries from Florida and other US ports. A real shame for those passengers that can't or have trouble flying... :(:(

There goes my what seems to be annual December Caribbean cruise out of Fort Lauderdale.

It looks like Seabourn has done away with round trip itineraries from Florida and other US ports. A real shame for those passengers that can't or have trouble flying... :(:(

I spoke to some people about this while aboard our recent Sojourn cruise... It seems Seabourn is looking for more "interesting" itineraries and does not feel that they can offer a unique product out of FLL...

That is what I was told, anyway. Still it is disappointing.

They probably would never admit it, but the real issue is probably the difficulty with dealing with US Customs and Immigration, with long delays causing missed flights and stuff like that. They stopped routing their crew members through US airports on their way to and from home for just this reason several years ago. Unfortunately this makes it all the harder for us because now we have to go through the hassel of dealing with TSA, etc at US Airports.