Host Andy - Almost Live from Eclipse

Andy

I don't know about anyone else, but I get tired of all the caveats put on these vouchers; beers not over $6, this bar, not that one, etc, etc. We don't drink a lot so I really don't care, but why nickel-dime your best customers? Actually, I would prefer getting 2 vouchers and not having to be concerned about all the conditions.

I don't know about anyone else, but I get tired of all the caveats put on these vouchers; beers not over $6, this bar, not that one, etc, etc. We don't drink a lot so I really don't care, but why nickel-dime your best customers? Actually, I would prefer getting 2 vouchers and not having to be concerned about all the conditions.

When we had Michael's club to go to there was a "drink list", that was what you could get and that was that. The value of those drinks was no different than what they are offering with the voucher.

I think having the voucher and going where I want to go is great;)

I'm guessing becaues Celebrity knows the nature of many. If there were no restrictiions, I would guess that even those that normally purchase well drinks when out paying for it themselves, would order the most expensive liquor on the ship because it is free.

If you get a drink at the bar between 5 and 7 - can you carry that drink INTO the MDR for dinner at 6? If anyone knows - greatly appreciate an answer.

Yes, you can take the drink into the MDR.

Hi Everyone,

Hello from Eclipse. We continue to have a wonderful time onboard, as we head towards Port Everglades. I'm looking forward to sharing additional insights about the cruise, this weekend. Many repeat guests are curious to see how the disembarkation proceeds, as it's been a major topic of discussion on this forum, on last season's Eclipse Caribbean sailings. I'm hoping for the best, and keeping my fingers crossed :)

The onboard staff were very kind to arrange a second Cruise Critic meet and mingle today, which had a fine turnout. Captain Manetas, Several officers, Cruise Director Sue Denning, and Ben Powney, (who will be taking over as CD for Sue as she leaves for vacation tomorrow), attended the Meet and Mingle. We had a wonderful opportunity to chat informally with Captain Manetas, and was another of the many highlights of our cruise. A special thank you, to Captain Manetas for his above and beyond graciousness and hospitality. The Officer and Crew engagement on this sailing has been beyond outstanding. Additional thoughts, in my next installment.

As we will be saying farewell to Eclipse tomorrow morning, this will be my final post from Eclipse, but there's more to come. I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving !

When we had Michael's club to go to there was a "drink list", that was what you could get and that was that. The value of those drinks was no different than what they are offering with the voucher.

I think having the voucher and going where I want to go is great;)

I agree Culvercitycruisers. The voucher system works extremely well, with many options available. For the very few who gripe about an extremely generous amenity offered by Celebrity, which they have no obligation to offer, IMO, is totally ridiculous.

I am traveling on the eclipse in March. Our last port before docking in Ft. Lauderdale is St. Thomas. Is the ship likely to clear customs in St. Thomas?

clvali

Hi Civali,

Not at St Thomas. Customs will be at Port Everglades. I hope this is helpful !

The vouchers could be used in the Martini Bar on Infinity TA, but the drinks served were smaller.

We were told (on Eclipse) the vouchers would not be accepted at the Martini Bar, and it states so on the vouchers.

Andy, a few more questions:

Where did the tenders dock at St Thomas?

When/where was the CC party?

Can you confirm when the ship time was advanced and later set back during the sailing?

Hi Mahdnc,

The CC party was at Sky lounge - deck 14. The clocks were changed on Night 1 or 2, and last night. I will check the info on St Thomas, but I belive it was crown bay. I hope this helps !

Hi CruisinNana,

Agree on the internet. The first 2+ days were a wipeout, as I could not connect to their wireless network, and I have a dual antenna wireless card - Still nothing. Thankfully, Celebrity came to the rescue and loaned me an Ethernet cable. Things are much better now. My advice, is that if Internet is important to you, and if you are bringing your own laptop, **always** bring an Ethernet cable, and connect directly to the jack in your cabin, by the vanity. It's much better, and I will never leave home without an Ethernet cable again !

Good to hear that ethernet jacks are available. Can you determine if they are available in all categories of cabins, or only in select ones? Much appreciated.

Does anyone know if any of the bars serve a Caipirinha? They are the national drink of Brazil and they serve them on Royal Caribbean; they are made with Cachaça. Thanks for all the great info, Andy!

Edited by Swann5

On the previous cruise, the TA, the vouchers could be used for 'takeouts' just before 7.00 pm. Once or twice a bar server asked us if we required anything more as it was 6.55.

As we never drink 3 alcoholic drinks anyway, we invariably got bottles of water or cans of soda to take back to our cabin for the following day.

We were travelling with friends who were not Elite but did have the drinks package as part of their booking. It was great for us to be able to have drinks with them each evening.

Elite members are given 3 vouchers daily, which have your last name, cabin number and date printed on them. The custom printed vouchers are new, but it makes sense. The vouchers are for beverages up to $8.00 (beer up to $6) to be used between 5-7 pm. It states on the vouchers "For use in bars or lounges excluding Martini Bar, Michael's Club, Specialty Dining, Main Dining Room, and Molecular Bar".

when we were on the eclipse in March we could use our vouchers in the martini bar. Whne did they stop that? I was looking forward to using them there in January. now I am sad… :(

I'm going to guess that the change was made when they went from a fixed drink menu to the $8 or less. I don't know the menu for the Martini bar, perhaps they don't have a lot of less than $8 drinks?

Hi Mahdnc,

The CC party was at Sky lounge - deck 14. The clocks were changed on Night 1 or 2, and last night. I will check the info on St Thomas, but I belive it was crown bay. I hope this helps !

Thanks Andy. Sounds like your cruise went well. Good to hear.

did you get what you would call a real thanksgiving meal? turkey with swwet potatos comes to my mind. mine was great at friends... i ate what I liked and bypassed the rest.

glad the cruise was good. waiting for you to go back on Aamara.

Will Sue Denning be back on the Eclipse for the February 22 sailing? She is great!

Hi Gianna,

I believe that Sue said she would return to Eclipse sometime in February, so there's at least a chance she will be there. I hope this helps !

did you get what you would call a real thanksgiving meal? turkey with swwet potatos comes to my mind. mine was great at friends... i ate what I liked and bypassed the rest.

glad the cruise was good. waiting for you to go back on Aamara.

Hi Ellbon,

A very nice Thanksgiving meal was offered. I'm not much of a Turkey fan, but family members had it, and said it was quite good - with light and dark meat available. As for the sides, there was stuffing, and I'm pretty sure sweet potatoes and some veggies were served as well.

As for Azamara ? It's the March 16th sailing from Miami - or not at all. We are committed to Century for 2 sailings on Feb 12 & Feb 15th. Beyond that, I will try and sort things out over the next few weeks.

Happy holidays Robin !

Which day and time were both cc get togethers?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

The first CC Meet and Mingle was around 11 (or 11:15) am on the first sea day (2nd day of the cruise). The second get together is unlikely to happen, as I made the request, and Celebrity was very gracious to accomodate. It was on next to last sea day, again I believe around 11 am or so. Both times, it was held at the Sky Lounge on Deck 14.