Neptune Suite location thoughts on Nieuw Amsterdam

engrstudent

My DW and I recieved our coveted upsell off from an SZ gty to any available Neptune Suite from SC to SQ. I, like the OCD engineer that I am, have been tracking every available room on the ship through the HAL website for the last week or so. As of this morning I know a Number of SA suites are available (9), a few SBs (4) including 8162 with the wrap around balcony, and both SQ spa suites. I have decided to jump on the offer since we likely will never have the opportunity to get the room for this cheap and will call HAL as soon as I get home. Hopefully they wont sell out 14 rooms in an hour...

Any way if they are available what are the thoughts on the wrap around aft suite? I know many seem to like it. We had a spa verandah (VQ) on the Eurodam last year and the extra spa amenities (yoga mat, water feature, etc.) don't seem to justify the cost. We just like the location as we love the thermal suites. Thoughts?

Just be aware that 7057 and 7058 are handicapped suites. They have ramps to the balcony. The bathrooms are configured for wheelchair access. Only has one low sink and shower and toilet share the same space. If you are not handicapped, it is not an ideal set up.

Got stuck with one of these on a guarantee. Never again!

Terri

After discussing with my wife we decided to take the aft balcony to try something different as we've cruised midship before. Besides we're young and don't mind walking around.

Really looking forward to breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill now! Yea!

After discussing with my wife we decided to take the aft balcony to try something different as we've cruised midship before. Besides we're young and don't mind walking around.

Breakfast in Pinnacle is delightful.

Enjoy. :)

Congrats and hope you enjoy it.

we had a wrap around on the oosterdam. don`t do it, go for the SA. reasons are if you are on top , the amount of noise from the deck chairs being stacked and unstacked is way to loud and extremely annoying. also the room size is sacrificed for the over sized balcony. also my wife reminds me of the people sneaking cigarettes at night and flipping butts overboard which ended up on our veranda .not to mention all the other trash on the balcony always just seem to appear. get a suite next to the neptune lounge and i promise no regrets.

We book far enough in advance to get an aft wrap. Some of the advantages are:

• 270 degree view as opposed to other verandahs.
  • Short elevator ride down to MDR.
  • Very little hallway foot traffic to disturb you.
  • Short elevator up from the Room Service kitchen so food is always hot.
  • Verandah can hold more than 25 visitors along the rail.
  • Extra furniture to include loungers.
  • Short elevator ride to Lido for a snack,late-night tea, ice cream cone, etc.
  • Short elevator ride to the aft pool.
  • Possible viewing of dolphins that follow in the ships wake.
  • You can entertain for dinner on your verandah.
  • You can hide from the weather by just walking to another part of the verandah.
  • No breeze while the ship is at sea if you are on the aft side of your verandah.
  • No rain on the aft side of your verandah while at sea.
  • Best verandah for photographers.

Disadvantages:

• Long walk to the Neptune Lounge for a piece of chocolate.
  • Long walk to the Vista Lounge.

You will also receive the MDR menus about noon each day.

Enjoy your excellent choice.

Worth every penny IMO.

Enjoy!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app