Captain's Club Website updated NOW

omeinv

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loracpin2 viewpost.gif

Just spoke to Captain's Club rep. We have 720 points without a bonus. She said that people are only getting bonus points if that takes them to the next level. Well we only need 30 points to get to Elite+, but aren't getting any additional points. She then said we'd get 64 points after our February Century 8 night cruise in a Sky Suite. Still don't understand why we wouldn't get the bonus now to move us to Elite+.

Called back for further clarification. According to this rep, people are only getting bonus points if their new points and bonus will put them within one cruise of attaining the next level. Thus, an incentive to book another cruise. If this is correct, this is a smart marketing tool.

You will be getting exactly what you expected when you booked and made any final payment. Everyone else with 720 points will also get the same thing. There should be no issue....except everyone always wants more....

In the case of my friends who had 8 points, and were booked on a 5 day cruise in Aquaclass in early December, they expected to be Elite by mid-December, which is why they took that cruise. Now they will not be Elite in time for their transatlantic, so they are certainly not getting what they expected, and that next cruise is fully paid for.

...Unless, of course, more bonus points are available than what we have heard of so far.

Pardon my for saying so, my intention is not to be argumentative but I really feel that that is a specious argument. Everyone that I know expected that there would be a new Elite Plus level, and that it would be set at 25 points, as on RCCL. And the reality is, they were right. A new level at 750 points was created. I exist in a hotbed of Celebrity cruisers and they were all working just as hard to get to 25 points. What makes their efforts any less worthy than people who only had 8 point?

I feel that Loracpin is just as entitled to bonus points as someone with 8 (240) points. After all, she has spent in the range of 3 times as much to get to 720 points as someone who has gotten to 240 points.

If you are going to give freebie points to some, you should give them to all, and let the chips fall where they may. That's what RCCL did.

This is what I call Prejudice or another word Discrimination:D:D:D

Edited by iSailor

Pardon my for saying so, my intention is not to be argumentative but I really feel that that is a specious argument. Everyone that I know expected that there would be a new Elite Plus level, and that it would be set at 25 points, as on RCCL. And the reality is, they were right. A new level at 750 points was created. I exist in a hotbed of Celebrity cruisers and they were all working just as hard to get to 25 points. What makes their efforts any less worthy than people who only had 8 point?

I feel that Loracpin is just as entitled to bonus points as someone with 8 (240) points. After all, she has spent in the range of 3 times as much to get to 720 points as someone who has gotten to 240 points.

If you are going to give freebie points to some, you should give them to all, and let the chips fall where they may. That's what RCCL did.

Wow...you knew it would be 25 points!! I'm impressed because I didn't know that and I'm here or on a cruise/trip all the time. It was a guess...and if you booked cruises to get to that number, that's like day trading stocks. Hindsight is so easy.

Sorry but you don't have my sympathy on this one...I think celebrity got it right...they had to pick some point knowing some would feel that they were slighted. There are lots of loyal folks who have 500-749 points.....why are you special? (Sorry for the bluntness but I think you are really stretching here...but that's just my opinion)

BTW we don't even know the perks for elite plus....it's not clear it's worth being bothered. Eg we don't use the 90 min per person we currently get and we check mail and stocks once or twice every day. I don't value 200 min all that much. I don't care about discounts for specialty restaurants...they are always discounted on board anyway and we eat in blu....etc. so far it's just a name.

Edited by ghstudio

Called back for further clarification. According to this rep, people are only getting bonus points if their new points and bonus will put them within one cruise of attaining the next level. Thus, an incentive to book another cruise. If this is correct, this is a smart marketing tool.

That can't be correct. With 8 old credits you are getting a 25 bonus for a total of 265. You need 300 to go to Elite. That's another 35 points.

It would take more than 1 cruise in an inside cabin (which is what we always book) to make Elite.

In the case of my friends who had 8 points, and were booked on a 5 day cruise in Aquaclass in early December, they expected to be Elite by mid-December, which is why they took that cruise. Now they will not be Elite in time for their transatlantic, so they are certainly not getting what they expected, and that next cruise is fully paid for.

...Unless, of course, more bonus points are available than what we have heard of so far.

So basically they were working the system with that short cruise to get two cheap points and the system changed. Sorry but that happens. Celebrity could not possible make a change and make everyone happy I think they did a pretty good job with this upgrade.

That can't be correct. With 8 old credits you are getting a 25 bonus for a total of 265. You need 300 to go to Elite. That's another 35 points.

It would take more than 1 cruise in an inside cabin (which is what we always book) to make Elite.

I have 8 points and got 265 (including my bonus). I always cruise in a concierge class cabin, so 1 7 day cruise (7 x 5 = 35) will put me at Elite, which is 1 cruise away. Maybe they are trying to push people to concierge class or aqua class on their next cruise to make Elite.

Edited by NLH Arizona

Wow...you knew it would be 25 points!! I'm impressed because I didn't know that and I'm here or on a cruise/trip all the time. It was a guess...and if you booked cruises to get to that number, that's like day trading stocks. Hindsight is so easy.

Sorry but you don't have my sympathy on this one...I think celebrity got it right...they had to pick some point knowing some would feel that they were slighted. There are lots of loyal folks who have 500-749 points.....why are you special? (Sorry for the bluntness but I think you are really stretching here...but that's just my opinion)

Sorry, you need to review my post, I didn't say I KNEW it would be 25 points, but that it was EXPECTED by many, looking at the RCCL model. And, in fact, that was what happened, so the expectations were proven to be correct.

And it is not stretching at all to expect fairness. If you are going to give bonus points to one group to achieve an end that they have a right to expect, you'd better have a darned good reason not to give them to clients who have demonstrated their loyalty for longer, and with more $$$. And in my opinion, your argument doesn't cut it. If they had handled it like RCCL, giving bonus points to everyone, they wouldn't have a problem.

And I don't have a horse in this race. I am well into the Elite Plus level.

Sorry, you need to review my post, I didn't say I KNEW it would be 25 points, but that it was EXPECTED by many, looking at the RCCL model. And, in fact, that was what happened, so the expectations were proven to be correct.

And it is not stretching at all to expect fairness. If you are going to give bonus points to one group to achieve an end that they have a right to expect, you'd better have a darned good reason not to give them to clients who have demonstrated their loyalty for longer, and with more $$$. And in my opinion, your argument doesn't cut it. If they had handled it like RCCL, giving bonus points to everyone, they wouldn't have a problem.

It appears they were fair in assigning bonus points. I don't have this factually

But from reading every post on the two relevant threads it seems that bonus points were assigned to those members who where one cruise away under the old system in a sufficient quantity to make them one cruise away on the new system.

That seems like a very fair approach to me.

I cannot see on my computer what my points are - a MacBook Pro - the screen won't stay up.

So my question is this - I only have a lowly 4 pts right now so I'm guessing that I'll get 120 credits, last cruise was in Concierge so don't know if we get anything extra.

My next sailing on Eclipse 14 nights in a lowly Sky suite - would get us 8x14 = 112 plus our 120 =232 is that correct? Which would equal Select.

Next booked cruise on Infinity 15 nights in Concierge 5x15=75 plus our 232 = 307 IS THAT ELITE? Under the old program after the Infinity cruise we would be Elite and am hoping under the new system that it is still the case.

Anyone that can see the screen wanna help me here.

Edited by Jane2357

Please read post #457. I called the Captain's Club again and, as usual received a more detailed explanation on how bonus points are awarded from a different rep. I am very comfortable with this explanation and if I had gotten this one first, I would have never posted.

As for some of the responses to my original post, it never ceases to amaze me how argumentative and hostile some posters can be. That's why after being a Cruise Critic member since 2003 and 38 cruises on various cruise lines, I only have 800+ posts.

I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving.

1.) X is in the business of making money, not just handing out free drinks, laundry and internet time.

2.) One needs to keep in touch with the Captain's Club rep aboard the ship and chat with them about possible changes like I did. When 1/3 of the passengers on repositioning cruises are Elite, it was obvious that something was going to be done. I was told there would be a new tier at 25-35 cruise points last February, so I took a B-B to get to 35 points.

3. Most were unaware of the new Elite + level, so "what difference does it make" (per HRC). The old Elite benefits were not reduced. It is like complaining you didn't get a new IPAD when your cousin did.

4. I'm happy to see the new tiers even though a scoop of Gelato and free Latte that I don't drink anyway don't mean that much.

I was at UCLA when they transitioned from semester to Quarter system and there were the same kind of gripes.

You can always got to HAL where their third level gets you a new pin and free third person in your cabin.

I cannot see on my computer what my points are - a MacBook Pro - the screen won't stay up.

So my question is this - I only have a lowly 4 pts right now so I'm guessing that I'll get 120 credits, last cruise was in Concierge so don't know if we get anything extra.

My next sailing on Eclipse 14 nights in a lowly Sky suite - would get us 8x14 = 112 plus our 120 =232 is that correct? Which would equal Select.

Next booked cruise on Infinity 15 nights in Concierge 5x15=75 plus our 232 = 307 IS THAT ELITE? Under the old program after the Infinity cruise we would be Elite and am hoping under the new system that it is still the case.

Your analysis looks right on.....

Please read post #457. I called the Captain's Club again and, as usual received a more detailed explanation on how bonus points are awarded from a different rep. I am very comfortable with this explanation and if I had gotten this one first, I would have never posted.

As for some of the responses to my original post, it never ceases to amaze me how argumentative and hostile some posters can be. That's why after being a Cruise Critic member since 2003 and 38 cruises on various cruise lines, I only have 800+ posts.

I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving.

Thank you for taking the time to call and post the explanation, it was appreciated.

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.

:D:D:D

If you review my post from few months back ,you can tell that Celebrity is copying my idea of points conversion:D:D:D

May be my computer been hacked

Edited by iSailor

It should take more than one cruise when the previous points were 8, but your right in that it will take more than two cruises (assuming 7 days) staying in an interior cabin and reach Elite status. It is the way the system is designed, the more money you spend the higher the reward.

Edited by Oville

A tip for iPad users. If you go to the sailing history on the captains club drop down and keep your finger on the page and move it slightly the page will stay up a long as you keep moving. I just did it and was able to keep the page open long enough to read it in its entirety.

Your analysis looks right on.....

Thanks ghstudio! I wish I could see my page - I don't think with only 4 points that we'll get anything "extra" for that Concierge cabin but if you say this looks correct then we will turn Elite at the same time as we would have under the old system. :) I'm very happy about that. I'll never see that next tier but it's o.k. with me!

In my opinion, there had to be some threshold. Obviously those on the wrong side of that threshold feel discriminated against (and I don't refute their feelings). But supposed they moved the threshold just a little bit, then there would be another group who felt discriminated against. It's a never-ending battle and Celebrity can't win.

It looks like they gave some bonus to those who were within a single cruise (but maybe only guaranteed for 3 point cruises) and tried to make it so it would not be any more than that. There is no apparent attempt to do the same for people who were close to the not-yet-real Elite+

They tried - and when all the dust settles, I suspect they will get a grade of B+ or A- in the overall picture. There will be a few who will grade it as F on an individual basis. And probably not much in between.

Edited by bob278

However, you would get to Elite in one cruise in a Concierge or Aqua class cabin, which is what we always book.

We like the benefits of Aqua so only cruise once a year (don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining) . If we chose to cruise in inside cabins we could probably cruise more often , thus also earning more credits.

As I pointed out before, the extra several hundred dollars a day that Aqua costs would go a long way towards providing the same benefits (for cash) that someone sailing in Aqua gets gratis more quickly.

We are all talking about these benefits like they are life-giving or something.

They are mostly things that can be purchased and if one has chosen to sail in a less expensive cabin that frees up a lot of $$ towards things that don't cost nearly as much as what they're saving.

I can't see the screen either but I think you're correct! :D