Sending mail/postcards from a ship

clutchcurrier

If I were you I would mail them while in port if possible....none of the postcards I mailed from the Coral (3 years ago) ever arrived.

I also have had the same experience when mailing postcards from the ship. They never did arrive.

You can purchase the stamp at the customer service desk & they will also "mail" the post card for you. It is actually given to the port agent who may or may not get around to putting it in the post right away.

We mailed a card from a ship in Quebec in September and it took almost 4 weeks to get to its destination. We mailed one from a ship in NYC in September and it took 5 days. We mailed one from a ship in St. Lucia a couple of years back and it hasn't been delivered yet!

If you are going ashore, it might be easier, quicker and better to simply purchase a card then and mail it from there instead of using the ship's service.

Just be aware that often they take a long time to arrive.

Only once did we have a problem where the postcards did not arrive to those we sent them to. The ship hands them over to the local operator so i can only assume the local operator messed up.

Keith

When traveling in US I mail myself off the ship at all possible. Mailing on the ship, some arrive but very late, some don't. If they arrive they seem to arrive all at once, so may not be mailed at each port.

I sometimes mail post cards from hotels, this seems to work better but not full proof either.

Some local stores sell the post cards and stamps. Mail them in the port. Remember address them with the country name, for example "Rochester, Michigan, U.S.A., 12345" If you forget the USA the foreign post office doesn't know where to send it. Also, you can send free e-cards from the internet cafe on the ship. It's a good way to say hello to friends & family without costing any money and without using internet mins.

Is it possible to send postcards from a Princess ship? We are on the Emerald Princes March 9th and I would like to be able to send my mom postcards from each of the ports. How would I do that? Thanks in advance.

Sure you can do it BUT just know that you will be home LONG before the postcards arrive to your mom.

Thank you all for the information on mailing post cards. My mom does not have Internet access so I might just chance sending a few post cards from some of the ports. She is in an Assisted Living facility and it might be fun for her to receive the post cards.

Thanks again