Talking about bad reviews for Pride.....

Flamin_June

kathy16 - please bear in mind that the 'balcony' on Pride is a full height opening window, and you can just about get your feet on the little outside bit. Nice to have, for fresh air and looking over the side, but by no means a real balcony.

Kathy this is good advice. The cruise we just got off one couple complained frequently about the fact that the balcony was not a "true" balcony just a very small juliet balcony. I just wish either their travel agent or they had done better research.

The problem is unless we can shadow everyone 24/7 we can't be sure how accurate a review is.

Even at the same table two diners can order the same dish and get vastly different results.

Very true, but…

The service we received was as good as it gets ANYWHERE and was a lot better than you’ll ever find on nearly all other premium cruise lines. This cruise was perhaps the finest service and best food we’ve ever had and not just on Seabourn in over 2 decades sailing the best cruise lines.

We chose this itinerary to have a final small SB sista’ ship swan song. We were rewarded and delighted to have the cruise of our lives.

If you read nothing else here: TAKE THE PRIDE NOW…YOU MAY NEVER GET A BETTER CRUISE OR SERVICE THAN THIS.

I'm no shill for SB...Dan from this forum board knows us and if he wishes, can confirm I'm just a regular Jose the Plumber who pays for our cruises and can be a 'caustic demanding cruise customer' like most SB customers can be when things go wrong.

We departed our Ft. Lauderdale/Aruba Pride cruise yesterday.

There were 195 cruisers aboard. Most were Seabourn vets accustomed to a very high level of service.

Whilst we don’t speak for anyone else, the discussions of how excellent this cruise had been going, was topic of frequent chats at cocktail hours, at group tables and anywhere groups congregated.

Belgians were the second largest nationality next to U.S. cruisers...yes, the champagne and caviar flowed like never before and the crew was there smiling to accommodate. On the last night, the ship hosted a private ‘thank you’ private party for our Belgian friends complete with a Jeroboam of Champagne and prodigious amounts of SB's quite good 'sustainable' caviar. Our Belgian friends later that night at dinner, were expressing rave and happiness with the reception and over all cruise, service and excellence.

Our itinerary had the Pride coming outta dry dock refitting the week prior to our cruise. The ship is absolutely pristine and freshly painted. There was not a single piece of equipment that didn’t work perfectly…not in the exercise room, not a coffee maker, not in our cabin…no place. Aside from Pride’s several decades old design (e.g; Juliette balconies), the Pride stands tall as any cruise ship at sea and better than most.

Speaking to several crew, we found out there were some not acceptable practices prior to dry dock that resulted in some harsh crew dismissals. These were not due to service. They as we were told by multiple crew, were due to few crew ‘stuffing’ the cruise review comment box to get ‘points’ which Seabourn recognizes. The result was the loss of some well known personnel. Customer comment cards are now no longer given out at the end of the cruise, but are sent via e-mail. Ours were waiting for us when we got home at our e address.

Just a few noteworthy points without making this a cruise review:

WINE: I’m easy and drink table wine. I know many Seabourn vets whine ‘bout the wine. Seabourn is listening and there were some excellent table wines which other cruising enologists gave kudos to as improvement over the old list of quaffable bottles.

FOOD: I think it was Charlie Trotter who was advisor in the past on the menu. Whomever is doing the menu is putting out contemporary cuisine that stands up to any cruise line and would be darn good chow at most large city restaurants. It's a better menu and execution of these dishes than SB previously used to serve. The galley crew and our Pride Chef ‘Jes’ bust their butts day and night and brought it home. Bravos to this very capable team and SB management who do seem to have their eyes and ears on them as well as these message boards.

SERVICE: NOBODY does it better than what we just were rewarded with…not even other Seabourn ships on some itineraries we've been on and those were good cruises.

COMPLAINTS: Not gonna post any here. The weather was sometimes poor…that wasn't SB’s fault. Bad weather can strain a cruise, a crew and the over all impressions. A few glitches, sure there were. One crew member who’s skill set and attitude would make them more appropriate working for TSA, AMTRAK or DMV…yeah, he/she was there.

But to complain about this cruise we were so fortunate to have been treated to just is not the reality of what SB and the Pride delivered.

___‹^›__‹(•¿•)›__‹^›___

Edited by Kilroyshere

Dan;

We sorely missed you both too...

Oh, the memories from this cruise and not just the outstanding SB service.

One thing that is crystal clear; SB at some management level reads these forums and takes notes.

Edited by Kilroyshere

kilroyshere,

Again, I have to say how much I agree with your entire review. I never had batter experience on Seabourn than on the November crossing. That was supposed to be my final cruise on the Pride but made me want to find another one if possible.

Let me also assure you Kathy that Pride is just as Kilroy describes it. I was also aboard and service was at Seabourn's best, even when the skies opened up on Prickly Pear. Fortunately most everyone had eaten and caviar in the surf was as popular as ever.

If you are fortunate and chef Jes is still aboard you are in for a treat; he is personable, loves chatting with guests and caters to a wide repertoire of tastes. Thank goodness the tired recipes of Charlie Palmer are gone and the chefs can show off their individual talents. (the Chef's Tasting menu was the best I have experienced on any of the ships and many agreed with me.)

And to all that are able: book the final crossing in March if it is still available. The captains, hotel managers, executive chefs, cruise directors, etc. aboard are some of the best Seabourn has Yes, those slots will be filled by at least two people. Service should be way over the top!

• 2 weeks later...